Diablo® III

R8 the WD above you (cont'd DonBukka post)

02/06/2013 07:20 AMPosted by blackjack
Really like your stun/freeze items too. How often are you seeing those work with the build? I

They work quite well. I can typically freeze/stun white mobs indefinetly and blue elites about 70-80% of the time.

Yeah, I grabbed a belt/gloves with stun/freeze and gave it a go. Really liking it. I also broke out a Azurewrath I was trying to sell and put it on my follower to increase that.

@Dark

I really like using the pets. I didnt really like the Sac or bear styles. The pets have really good surviveability these days even if its a tad random in what can really hurt them quick, and what they just never loose hp to.

I was trying out Soul Harvest again but it just isnt my play style either. Im going to go back to using Hex/Jinx instead of Soul Harvest for increased control and that added damage is pretty nice especially on Elites that can get "pigged" because of my SOJ.

I am also considering changing from Templar back to Enchantress as well since I have swapped for a few stun/freeze items like Blackjack has. I think between the stun/freeze/Jinx and now Enchantress it should be a lot of "dead time" on the fights where they are not able to do anything.
Edited by Rekoj#1122 on 2/6/2013 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
@EddardStark

Thanks Ed. You are exactly right the Vile Ward is on top of my upgrade list. Followed by that would be my witching hour and Zuni Chest. The Zuni Trail and Mojo you were looking at were probably my solo farming gears. For higher MP and ubers I use a different Zuni Trail and mojo plus soj, as you can see here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eric-11100/hero/10415374

Your gears are awesome, I love your zuni chest and witching hour particularly. I found mp3/4 is the sweet spot for me to solo at, where I can one shot everything with max farming efficiency. GI/GF is absolutely wonderful for low mp farming but not very useful at higher MPs. VQ is a great passive for high MPs but if i have a 0dog WD by my side then I'd switch to GF:)
Reply Quote
@ Eric

Indeed. Love both of those pieces. I would kill to have a Serpent like yours with Vit for the socket and Max Mana for the Dex. Been looking for months now, haha. Seeing your boots makes my heart hurt, as I got sniped on a Trail with 188 Int, 98 Vit, 80 RA, and 524 Armor. Only 10,000EHP more than my boots, but I would loved to have gotten them.
Reply Quote
@ eric u have some very nice cc gear drool :)
Reply Quote
@ Butakiya

You look pretty well balanced over all but I was curious about your choice of skills...I notice you dont have any pick up. At all. On anything. Do you still see a benefit from using Gruesome Feast?
Reply Quote
I was using the extra 20% life one for my pet health and I figured at least the gf was giving some extra dps, I tend to leave the globes and stack them when I see the most benefit or I need to heal asap so any extra would make that a pain seeing as then I would have less space to not accidentally pick them up ( I prefer the tight halls for kiting then mass aoeing the packs). When I have 4/5 stacks for the brief amount of time, I get over 200k dps. I tend to play at mp 7 while hunting keys.
Reply Quote
@ Butakiya

Ah I see! Hooray for playing with strategy! I am forever for going against the norm and doing whatever someone feels comfortable with and works best for them!
Reply Quote
Yea this play style suits my arthritis :P less clicking!
Reply Quote
@ Butakiya

HA! Thats why I use a Naga mouse! All my everything right at my finger tips!
Reply Quote
I wish I had a mouse >.<!
still playing on a lap top~

I know I need some serious upgrades, anyone know where I should start first
Edited by GdoubleEK#1300 on 2/6/2013 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was checking out that Naga mouse ... so u can map the spell buttons to those thumb buttons, I'm assuming, that would make playing a bit more enjoyable from the aching wrist standpoint might have to look more into that one thxs Kamasuture.
Reply Quote
@ GdoubleEk

Well then get a mouse for your Lap Top silly! And I havent played HC so Im not sure. I hear things are really different as far as drops and stuff? And then of course there is the not dying part...

@ Butakiya

Yep exactly like that! it really is so amazing!
Reply Quote
@ Kamasuture

I love the "Thorns/Pet" Build. How well does it work?
Edited by Moby#1288 on 2/7/2013 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Moby,

U need cc% on helm and amulet,I would sacrifice some of that life%
Reply Quote
@Azakiah,

Great damage output.

Possibly squeeze some LOH/LS in your gears to enhance survivability.

Maybe swap Zuni Vision with Visage of Giyua with Acid Rain CC and swap toad with SOS with ZC reduction for mana sustainability.
Edited by Choobie#6148 on 2/8/2013 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Choobie

The CC reduction on your pox would be nice for my WD. I like your amulet as well. It looks like you are using Zombie Bears for heavy damage and Rain of Toads while regenerating mana to steal back health. Acid Rain for trash mobs / LOH gain against large amounts of mobs? I like it!

I have only one attack...
Edited by Sammy#1280 on 2/8/2013 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Choobie

The CC reduction on your pox would be nice for my WD. I like your amulet as well. It looks like you are using Zombie Bears for heavy damage and Rain of Toads while regenerating mana to steal back health. Acid Rain for trash mobs / LOH gain against large amounts of mobs? I like it!

I have only one attack...

Yes, you are right.

You can refer to my Proc(ing) bear build in Skywalker's thread for more details :)
Reply Quote
@Choobie 8/10 need to bump that dps. solid though.
Reply Quote
@Butakiya:
For a while people were all about the Nostromo too, dunno if anyone uses it for D3.
Reply Quote
@choobie Nice proc doc DPS is a little low, i would keep an eye out for better stun gloves with higher crit damage and a witching hour with freeze would jack your dps nice, ( i know no small order) Your armor + AR + vital you are very solid D once you swap the exp for a % gem you are likely sitting well over 600k EhP

9/10

@jimbob You are pretty solid too but i would work on your AR a little more , will help your survive-ability in tough situations. 9/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]