Diablo® III

It's Not That D3 is a Bad Game...

skill tree did not make diablo "diablo", if it did it would of been in diablo 1.

all 3 diablo games all have 3 different skill systems

D1 = randomly found books in randomly generated dungeons
D2 = skill tree with lvl up
D3 = multiple skills with multiple varients you can choose once unlocked via levels

^
This

01/29/2013 11:51 PMPosted by Zebulun
However... It is the skill points that are so fondly missed.

Speak for yourself.
Edited by Gix#1916 on 1/30/2013 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry completely random loot isn't fun. It's just not. I enjoyed hunting monsters in D2 knowing this mob has the greatest percentage to drop xx chest piece thus can drop legendary xx chest piece. D3 could have expanded greatly on that idea by throwing those mobs all over acts so that we'd be all over the place depending on our gear needs instead of just this random bs we have now so that the highest mob density (a3) is the only real choice.
Reply Quote
Strength should affect Armor...but it should also affect standard non-skill melee damage (something next to NO ONE bothers to use, even the people who want to make dagger wielding tank DHs).

Dexterity should affect Dodge...but it should also affect Crit Chance and Crit Damage. Even a tenth of a percent extra chance and damage per point of Dex would still make increasing it appealing to just about EVERY class.

Intelligence should affect All Resist...but it should also affect resource pools. Like Dex, even a tenth of a point extra resource per point of Intel would make it appealing enough of an option. Spirit and Fury Generators suddenly become reassessed. Critical Mass and APOC are less needed. WD and DH skills are reconnoitered.

Vitality should affect Life...but it should also affect Physical Resist, Movement Speed, and Life Regen. Like above, maybe only a little bit per point of Vit, it'd still make it better to buff. You'd have extremely "vital" characters sprinting through levels and taking next to no damage from melee.

This is a great call!
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 06:48 PMPosted by nevergiveup
By the time I reached inferno act 2, it became obvious (even to me) that the game was pay2win. This was back around 1.03. I never did finish it.

Or you're just really horrible player...

Hate people use term pay2win, WTF do you really win??...

Nothing besides farming more efficient the same crap over and over, That's it! So your not winning anything besides enjoyment of playing D3 crap load..

Message for everyone!
Believe it or not... buying the game & RMAH supports Diablo 3 to keep continuing To pay off the workers to come up with new content for the game... Lets talk about PoE.. They have Cash Shop.. to support there game, To keep continuing to make new content If no one buys from Crash shop or get enough donations PoE will Die... And yes both D3 & PoE profits from it, But also allows them to keep making new content, Get it? Overall in the long run D3 will out live PoE cause they are bringing more money in, Diablo 3 in the baby stage, Nothing ever perfect at the beginning. So if you Bought the game, And those who are also buying from RMAH, you're helping to support diablo 3 to become better game then when it first released, Give it time...
Edited by DragonsBlood#1589 on 1/30/2013 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 09:04 AMPosted by DragonsBlood
By the time I reached inferno act 2, it became obvious (even to me) that the game was pay2win. This was back around 1.03. I never did finish it.

Or you're just really horrible player...

Hate people use term pay2win, WTF do you really win??...

Nothing besides farming more efficient the same crap over and over, That's it! So your not winning anything besides enjoyment of playing D3 crap load..

Message for everyone!
Believe it or not... buying the game & RMAH supports Diablo 3 to keep continuing To pay off the workers to come up with new content for the game... Lets talk about PoE.. They have Cash Shop.. to support there game, To keep continuing to make new content If no one buys from Crash shop or get enough donations PoE will Die... And yes both D3 & PoE profits from it, But also allows them to keep making new content, Get it? Overall in the long run D3 will out live PoE cause they are bringing more money in, Diablo 3 in the baby stage, Nothing ever perfect at the beginning. So if you Bought the game, And those who are also buying from RMAH, you're helping to support diablo 3 to become better game then when it first released, Give it time...

And games should have in-built systems which allow you to completely bypass the entire point of the game why..?
Reply Quote
Skill tree is what d2 fans miss, not what D3 have wrong; I am a D1 fan, I like the new skill system, and think is better than the skill tree system.

The problem is the itemization and no PVP. Imagine D2 without PVP, would you reroll 3 times the same class just to try a 10% more efficient meaningless farming? I don´t think so.

The end game of D1 was PVP, and it was a success, the end game of D2 was the reroll, and it was a success. The end game of D3 is the meaningless farming, take you own conclusion.
Reply Quote
I like how you worded the title.. lol.

You can't call D3 a good game, because if it was, it would have won some awards... it won nothing, other than the biggest disappointment I believe.
Reply Quote
diablo 3 is a wow clone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]