Diablo® III

[VIDEO] DH Dueling w/ Commentary

Hi guys,

Lately I've been playing against some really good players and am recording most of my duels, and just started uploading some dueling videos with commentary.

I'll mostly be uploading matches against top d-progress opponents, win or lose, as long as they were good matches, and try to explain some useful tactics against them

Here's my first commentary against a WD (ChuckNorris):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0_n0dyRmI

EDIT: second video vs. Scorpion (DH)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E6QdxUDfJI

Since it's my first, I probably suck, but I try to explain my builds and how they work, so comments (good or bad) are always appreciated :P
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 2/9/2013 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I played against the ChuckNorris WD guy as well, lol. Think that was like the first or 2nd day I was on PTR ~_~
Reply Quote
fake! everyone knows you can't kill Chuck Norris! ;)

I enjoyed watching the duels and the commentary, thanks

o/
Reply Quote
can you show what items you are using?
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Shdwflare
can you show what items you are using?

yep, I changed my gear & build on live to match exactly the gear used in this video:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MysticaL-1298/hero/4074361
Reply Quote
Nice man! I plan to start doing some uploads soon as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
I played against ChuckNorris who was a barb???. will the real ChuckNorris please stand up.
Reply Quote
12% MS only, though i was thinking of that too. Is it sufficient in general?
Reply Quote
^ With tactical advantage and legacy it's not so bad only having 12%
Reply Quote
Nice commentary and playstyle, subbed ;)
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Shdwflare
12% MS only, though i was thinking of that too. Is it sufficient in general?

in general, I think it's enough, but against barbs, I think 24% is better so you can outrun marathon sprint easier. It might also make the difference of you getting rended or not, since most good barbs try to take advantage of their rend radius to hit you from "as far as possible," and then they just try to run away while the bleed sinks in lol
Reply Quote
Now you make me want to get legacy nats... Or at least ehp.

FoK is an interesting strategy, I will have to try that. Usually I just try to brute force them with cluster arrow.

Oh and Spirit Vessel resets on death.

More videos!
Reply Quote
great video bro!

thanks for sharing!
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting this video, the commentary was great.
Reply Quote
If you missed it yesterday, MysticaL dueled mannercookie, one of the top barbs. You can see the recording here:

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/1882330
Reply Quote
yep, I got destroyed LOL mannercookie op

I remember this was as soon as yesterday's PTR patch hit, we were trying to figure out how the new map vision works for the first half of the vid
Reply Quote
Yeah, those invisible areas are really messed up. And all of the DOT skills like Rend are out of balance since they can't be blocked or dodged. It certainly wasn't a fair fight considering he way outgeared you in EHP, and to top it off your EHP is severely hampered by not allowing Rend to be dodged. I certainly hope all these things will be fixed before the patch goes live.

Next time you get a chance to test with him, can you try out Prep Punishment on him? I'm curious if you can spike him. Apparently he cannot counter the stun of Vault Rattling Roll with Juggernaut, so you could vault in to stun and then unload your heavy-hitting hatred spender. With a fast attack speed, you could potentially hit him with many Clusters by using Prep Punishment. It's a risky strategy since you won't have Battle Scars for healing. Essentially you'd need to Smoke Screen and then go all in for the spike. A strategy like this would require a lot of discipline though, so you'd most likely need the new Nats instead of legacy.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/31/2013 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow. nice job and thank you for sharing this.
Reply Quote

Next time you get a chance to test with him, can you try out Prep Punishment on him? I'm curious if you can spike him. Apparently he cannot counter the stun of Vault Rattling Roll with Juggernaut, so you could vault in to stun and then unload your heavy-hitting hatred spender. With a fast attack speed, you could potentially hit him with many Clusters by using Prep Punishment. It's a risky strategy since you won't have Battle Scars for healing. Essentially you'd need to Smoke Screen and then go all in for the spike. A strategy like this would require a lot of discipline though, so you'd most likely need the new Nats instead of legacy.

damn man, high IAS & new nat set, I'd need a whole new DH set for that! lol

but thrill of the hunt only works for hatred spenders I think, so rattling roll wouldn't be able to "immobilize" him, (although I haven't tested this to be sure)

Later in the night, we played and dueled a bit more (him + 3 good DHs). We tried so many builds, even rapid fire LOL

The build that seemed to work best was custom engineering + spike traps/echoing blast. You know that bottom area with tons of blind spots? You'd mine that up completely, and then he would have to either fight you at your mines, or fight you in the open (which is where DH is a bit stronger)

Thrill of the hunt also works with spike traps, so if you plant 3 echoing blasts, then he'll get immobilized on the trap, and get hit at least 3x2 times by spike traps. The problem is fitting custom eng + thrill at the same time... I'd rather have sharpshooter or steady aim I think

but yeah, I haven't tried cluster arrows, maybe I'll give it a shot with shooting stars or something (CB wouldn't work cause I think 3x300% isn't enough to kill a barb, at least not with my DPS lol, maybe REVRAC to the rescue?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]