Diablo® III

Is Calamity getting nerfed in 1.7?

Could someone tell me what it's about?
:)
Reply Quote
pre-patch Calamity will not be touched, and it's not a nerf, it's a bug fix for min max damage
Edited by PiP#1318 on 1/29/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
SO concretely, what will happen? Less overall DPS?
Reply Quote
I thought it was in the "known issues" list but there wont be any changes?
Reply Quote
Anyone knows concretely ?
Reply Quote
Yes... no changes to current weapons. Most "good" weapons affected would be echoing fury and calamity as they are black damage weapons.

Blues have commented on this already in another thread. they will NOT make any changes to current weapons.
Reply Quote
it isn't a bug. It is the way the damage is calculated (this is how they set it up initially I believe but didn't take it into account when they did all the legendary buffs).

It is why when 1.0.7 goes in and the new marquis rubies come into play certain weapons will get a HUGE dps increase using the ruby due to the way the weapon damage is calculated.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare did say it's a known bug since the early days of D3 but they don't plan to fix it.
Reply Quote
exactly. and if they did change the way weapons were calculating damage with the min/max/damage% it would only affect new weapons and not go back retro.
Reply Quote
So is it a good thing to invest in a Calamity before 1.7? or at the contrary should we get rid of them?
Reply Quote
Get rid of your high damage calamitys before it's to late. Please sell them to me, I will give a little gold to you for them even though they are worthless.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Potentiality
Get rid of your high damage calamitys before it's to late. Please sell them to me, I will give a little gold to you for them even though they are worthless.

LOL. I respect the hustle sir.

Blues already answered this. There are no plans to address that bug in 1.0.7 and whatever they do will not affect items already in existence. It didn't seem like they planned on addressing it any time soon anyway, as they've been aware of the bug since a month after release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]