Diablo® III

Is dh glass cannon still?

100 Human Paladin
I played a lot on release and stopped when they nerfed nether tentacles.

Then dh was all about smoke screen and nether tentacle and taking 0 defensive stats all damage. Is this still the case?
Reply Quote
Not nearly as much. The evasion abilities have been improved a bit and all classes except DH have seen their damage reduction diminished while Perfectionist is actually a real defensive skill now for DH.

In short, not really glass cannons any more. Credit Blizzard for not coming at that with a sledgehammer, but rather altering it from a variety of angles that come together to alter it just enough to matter.
Reply Quote
If by glass cannon, you mean that I have 60k HP, only 266 AR yet tank MP8-10? then uh, sure. I only die from mistakes or being overwhelmed by bad affixes, eg plagued + molten + arcane + desecrate... but only if they're on a ranged mob. That fight can get hairy I might die once or twice if I'm not careful.
Reply Quote
View profile
Smoke Screen duration decreased
Nether Tentacles no longer double or more crits
IAS nerfed
Inferno monster damage nerfed
Introduction of defensive skills buff (Perfectionist now has life/armor/all res increase, Boar Companion does all res increase)
Shadow Power changed too, in terms of popularity now have 'replaced' Smoke Screen.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Oscar
If by glass cannon, you mean that I have 60k HP, only 266 AR yet tank MP8-10? then uh, sure. I only die from mistakes or being overwhelmed by bad affixes, eg plagued + molten + arcane + desecrate... but only if they're on a ranged mob. That fight can get hairy I might die once or twice if I'm not careful.

U sure? I played with few dh who had 60k hp, 300ar with 300k dps. Their life seems to melt away really fast in mp10
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Who8myrice

U sure? I played with few dh who had 60k hp, 300ar with 300k dps. Their life seems to melt away really fast in mp10

No he is not sure. Getting through MP8/10 is one thing and TANKING it is another.

I am sure he is not expressing himself properly. There is NO WAY you could tank any type of pool (desecrator, molten, arcane beams) or whatever on MP10 if you only have 266 AR that I can assure you.
Reply Quote
Thank, was just curious. Btw nice dh, u hit almost every goal i was aiming for on my dh. Right now i m trying to break 200k dps with soj, so i can use bora
Reply Quote
With my stats I can tank MP10 no problem... I can't stand on a node, but I ignore 1 or 2 beams, molten, plague, etc. I also move away from the molten death explosions... not sure how much damage they do but I figure better to be safe.

DH tanking MP10 = lots of disc regen (either legacy nat's or high CC and nightstalker) which allows you to have perma gloom, and then high enough DPS to gain enough life from your damage output to mitigate the damage you do take.
Reply Quote
Posted by Who8myrice

No he is not sure. Getting through MP8/10 is one thing and TANKING it is another.

I am sure he is not expressing himself properly. There is NO WAY you could tank any type of pool (desecrator, molten, arcane beams) or whatever on MP10 if you only have 266 AR that I can assure you.

I promise you, I do key runs in under 15 minutes (with no interruptions, baby, work, etc). MP8 every day... I do admittedly die on occasion, but only when i'm not paying attention or if I run into particularly difficult affix combos on ranged mobs.

Can I do MP10? Yes. But I don't. It takes much longer and it just isn't something I enjoy as much as MP8. If you would like to add me we can do some key runs together.
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/29/2013 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:38 AMPosted by nawKOwt

Uhm. I don't? I move. Isn't that the smart thing to do in the first place?
Reply Quote
Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I decided to go into MP10 Keep 3 and have at it with a few elites.

Two groups of E's, one yellow, one blue, both Demonic Tremors. Affixes:

1) Frozen, Fast, Extra HP, Plagued
2) Fast, Extra HP, Molten, Plagued

I died once, but I beat both packs simultaneously. It took me 5 minutes. That's just retarded. And it was boring. I prefer MP8, groups die within 1-2 minute of fighting and the rewards are similar enough to me that I just don't care to tire out my index finger on my mouse.

While I don't feel i have to prove anything to you fellas here in the forums, assuming that gear will get you out of tough situations instead of your own mousing skills is silly.
Reply Quote
:) nice oscar. I only move when i see more then 2arcane beam is hitting me in mp10. If i had more dps i would be more active. Feels like with under 200k dps i m losing even more dps by kiting.

Edit: add me fore keyruns, i like mp8
Edited by Who8myrice#1237 on 1/29/2013 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
I keep Smoke Screen on my bar for such occasions. I position myself to have the maximum number of arcane beams pass through me the instant my Smoke Screen goes up. it allows me to avoid some of that incidental damage as well as stay in position during frost bombs, etc.

I'll add you mate, see you on the servers. ;-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]