Diablo® III

10mil gold lost to auction house error

I lost gold in exactly the same manner as this poster:

01/28/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Wenxing
Clicked the Bid button, input the amount, and then there was a message saying like "transaction pending, you need to wait for a couple minutes." When the message is gone, my gold was taken, but the amulet was NOT sent to me. Nor was there any records showing I won or not the auction.

Except in my case the item was bracers.

You will need to submit a Support Ticket for this issue. To do so just follow this link:

I followed the link in the suggested solution but there was no available selection of topics that seemed to fit the situation and allow me to submit the ticket. Please let me know the correct topics to select.
Edited by TanxALot#1759 on 1/30/2013 1:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've got the exact same issue, just wrote a ticket up and can't submit it anywhere.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You should wait at least 72 hours after an auction has ended and not sent the item or gold before submitting a support ticket. Transactions are being delayed right now and taking a lot longer than usually to go through but they will.

If you need to submit a ticket though, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Battle.net Support website at https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
2. Choose "Diablo III" as the game with which you need assistance.
3. Ensure that "Use a few words to summarize your issue" is selected.
4. Type in "auction house" and click Next.
5. Choose one of the options that best matches your problem.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit a Ticket".
7. Fill out your ticket and click "Submit".
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply Omrakos.
Reply Quote
I submitted it by choosing "transaction" topics. I was told to wait 5 days for something to appear.
Reply Quote
The item appeared. Thank you.
Reply Quote
To all of you who experienced this. Did all evidence of your bid transactions disappear? I lost 20 million in the same manner on feb 1. Stll have yet to see anything. The transactions for my bids on the item are gone. The item did disappear a few times over the duration of the auction which was odd. I have filed a ticket but i basically was told i am sol. I would think that the item description i gave for the nats boots along with the auction end time blizz could find the problem. For know i am out 20 mil. I will make sure to screenshot any major bids in the future.
Edited by CyLaNt#1337 on 2/4/2013 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I caught my missing AH gold with screenshots right after the fact (it was still showing for me), but that doesn't seem to matter when I posted my ticket.

OTOH, I hadn't found this thread before hand and it's only been 48 hrs. for me and the line is still in my Auctions / Bids window so maybe I still have a chance of seeing my gold returned.
Reply Quote
To all of you who experienced this. Did all evidence of your bid transactions disappear?

I only bid once and that 1 transaction did not appear on the log until days later when I got the item.

Even if Blizzard offers you no helpful help, the item may appear, days later, as it did for me and others.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reassurance brother. It has not been 72 hours yet so we will see. Guess I just have to bide my time until then. I will update everyone either way

This seems to be on ongoing issue. I too was going to screen capture my winning bid. But I exited the AH first as i normally do because it seems to refresh everything. Well it refreshed all traces of that auction right down the crapper, along with my 20 million gold.
Edited by CyLaNt#1337 on 2/4/2013 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Omrakos
Transactions are being delayed right now and taking a lot longer than usually to go through

Why?
Reply Quote
Good news from my front guys. Just did live chat with one of the CS people and he was actually able to see my auction in their records even though I cannot. He said the auction was won however there is an issue going on that delays the delivery of the item/gold refund. Their developers are aware and have been working on it.

I highly suggest live chat over just filing a ticket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]