Diablo® III

Game won't play - Task Manager says it works

Diablo III has suddenly stopped working for me as of today. The launcher opens, I click on "Play", I even see the small Diablo III icon pop up for a bit, and then nothing. When I open the Task Manager it says Diablo III is running, but I don't see or hear a thing. When I click on the Launcher again it says Diablo III is already playing.

I've tried:
-dxdiag to see if everything is enabled (also updated DirectX to be sure)
-checked if my graphics drivers are up to date (they are)
-running as an administrator
-restarting my computer
-reinstalling the game
-starting from the DVD-setup
-deleting the battle.net folder
-forcing Agent.exe to shut down in the Task Manager

I honestly don't know what else to do. Any ideas on what might be wrong or suggestions on how to solve it? Funny thing is that there are no errors whatsoever. My laptop seems to believe it's running Diablo III without fault yet... nothing :(
Edited by Saiyangirl#2610 on 1/30/2013 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Saiyangirl,

Can you post your D3Debug.txt file? It's located in the main Diablo III game folder. Edit out your account name first though as it may appear in a few places in the file.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply! I managed to solve the problem although I still don't fully understand it. My Nvidia driver said it was working just fine, it was the right version, and I'd run a couple of reinstalls and reset the settings. I randomly decided to do a clean reinstall through advanced settings without expecting anything, and all of a sudden Diablo III started running normally again. The driver must have gotten corrupted somehow. If something similar happens another time and this doesn't solve it either I'll remember to post that D3Debug.txt file without my account name.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]