Diablo® III

DH: Inefficient Farmers?

The title sounds a bit provocative but hear me out.

I funded my character generously (as a casual non-RMAH gamer).
But compared to two of my barb friends, who are geared much less than I am, can farm faster and better than me.

I don't want to say that the fault is mine since the build/playstyle is not very different from the strafe guides. (with some personal touches...)
I also used to farm using BL build so I can say that I did try different builds before.

I really wish there was a skill combo or effects that we can abuse.
For example, barbs can almost indefinitely stay in zerker-mode with enough crit hits generating fury (WW + Sprint-tornado)
and Wizards can abuse CM and their options open wide from there (prolonged archon-mode, low CD spams, etc)

Are Demon Hunters just... harder to fund than other classes or am I missing something?

NOTE: I hope I didn't offend anyone by putting DH down a little bit. I like DH as much as you guys do. I'm just wondering if DH's are harder to fund than other classes or if I'm just making wrong speculations.

My profile if you're curious: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Oxygenetic-1274/
Reply Quote
You NEED to take vault & tactical advantage. Those skills are pretty much the DH version of sprint, its how DH can reach 90m+ exp/hr. You can check my profile for an example of a pretty solid DH capable of farming 80m/hr +

In general, DH's are a little more expensive to fund to the stage where they are strong, but ultimately, all classes cost ridiculous amounts to be amazing.

Make sure you are farming mp0, if you want to continue strafing, look up TianZi's strafe guide.
Reply Quote
You NEED to take vault & tactical advantage.

This, exactly this. DH can actually farm faster that barbarians because of the movespeed that tactical advantage and vault give.
Reply Quote
Barbs probably can farm higher mps faster, which translates = more xp next patch than mp 0-1 speed farming, and better items too....
Reply Quote
Nah, mp0 will still be the best difficulty for farming.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 1/30/2013 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
sure, for DH, i just hope you can stay awake....
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 1/30/2013 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Josef

Farming Items possibly but farming XP, higher MP's will be much better once patch hits.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Gooftroop

Farming Items possibly but farming XP, higher MP's will be much better once patch hits.

You got that backwards. If youre farming items, you want to be on the highest MP you can comfortably clear due to the higher MF and extra chance of items dropping.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Gooftroop

Doubtful. Maybe MPL1 or 2, but there is gonna be a point where elites are taking too long to take down and the efficiency is not there.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:43 AMPosted by hellmonkey
You got that backwards. If youre farming items, you want to be on the highest MP you can comfortably clear due to the higher MF and extra chance of items dropping.

Do you oneshot everything at mp1? Or do you spend 90% of your time running between mobs? If the answer is no, then mp0 is better.

Edit: Maybe mp1 is ok considering gear. But all you get is like 5% better loot so if run time is increased by more than that it's bad.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 1/30/2013 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
DH is right in the middle IMO. TR Monks and Barbs are better, Wiz and WD are worse. In terms of gold efficiency, DH is 2nd cheapest to gear next to barbs.
Reply Quote
I find MP4 (VotA) to be my sweet spot. Elites still die in 5-10 seconds, so maybe twice as long for a lower MP, but compared to running time still not that significant, and I find that the extra chance for extra drops, as well as the better chance for more affixes makes MP4 a good choice for me.

If you have less DPS or less EHP (ie can't facetank) I wouldn't recommend MP4 though.

Edit: also the high MF (from high paragon level) helps. I probably wouldn't advise doing VotA without high MF as well.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/30/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
So it does look like DH's are a bit harder to gear.

I'll definitely consider farming in MP0. I've been running MP1 for the bump in ilvl boost but I'll focus on paragon leveling first I suppose.

Also while we're on this topic, does anyone know a good farming (gear and paragon) route, or a link to it?
Reply Quote
So it does look like DH's are a bit harder to gear.

I'll definitely consider farming in MP0. I've been running MP1 for the bump in ilvl boost but I'll focus on paragon leveling first I suppose.

Also while we're on this topic, does anyone know a good farming (gear and paragon) route, or a link to it?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764616512?page=1

as well as (which he linked):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593579872?page=1#5
Reply Quote
@rea1ity
What's your farming route?
Usually farming route is the big issue too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]