Diablo® III

Tips and Tricks, Oppa DH Style

Hey fellas!

I'm sure there's a lot of really fun an interesting tactics you guys use for everyday situations, I wanted a specific place we can use to share them.

Got a really cool trick you like to use with a skill that makes a normally difficult situation really easy? Post it up! If your "trick" is to keep up gloom all the time, I'm hoping for something a bit more glamorous. Here's an example:

I stopped using BL a while ago for higher MP farming, but realized A2 KW was a pain in the !@#$. I use a Bola / Spike Trap build, so I clear around him after getting my stacks, find the edge of his bubble, and inch toward him until he is at the top corner of my screen (does not work at the bottom so well). Drop traps about half way between his bubble edge and him, then inch them inward until they start exploding. Shoot off Bolas + Spike Traps flirting with the edge of his aggro range, and kill him mostly off-screen!

Got more tips and tricks? Post post post!
Reply Quote
If you're killing him off-screen, I think BL works well enough.
Reply Quote
Ya act2 keywardin has a very short aggro range. Exactly like you said stand under him just so you can see his missle dampening bubble and start firing away until he is dead. Also nightstalker with a fast 1 hand bow,and high AS lets you perma Gloom.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Skuwak
If you're killing him off-screen, I think BL works well enough.

thanks for NOT READING. I stopped using BL for high MP's
Reply Quote
Act 2 keywarden seems to have some missle reflecting mechanism when he spins, never bothered with it as I used to facetank him with monk.

Somehow I was shooting him and just died all of a sudden
Reply Quote
I've been killing the A2 kw offscreen for sometime now but it seems to me I get a very low % of key drops when I do this. Not sure if it's a bug or just bad luck. But it often takes me 10 or more kills to get a drop on mp7 or 8 this way. So much so I go back to farming him quickly on mp2 and get keys faster that way.
Reply Quote
I've been killing the A2 kw offscreen for sometime now but it seems to me I get a very low % of key drops when I do this. Not sure if it's a bug or just bad luck. But it often takes me 10 or more kills to get a drop on mp7 or 8 this way. So much so I go back to farming him quickly on mp2 and get keys faster that way.

I think you're right about the decreased key drop. I have TERRIBLE luck with this keywarden. What I started doing, however, was moving in when I estimated the HP was low enough. I don't know if this has changed any % of drop though.
Reply Quote
I've tried moving in near the end and it didn't seem to help for me, I've also tried engaging initially before backing out of range to kill, that didn't help either. What is strange though is I can run with a group and I'm the only one not finding the keys so it doesn't affect them. I really need to keep a log of the drop vs mp level and get some real numbers on it. But it almost seems like a flat 10% drop rate no matter what mp I choose for A2. It must be a name check. On A1/A3 and even A4 I have great luck with the kw drops
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]