Diablo® III

Seeking some advice

I recently have switched out my elem arrow(ball light) for spike trap(echoing blast) and i find that i do nothing but sit on hatred.

I do have the windforce buff for hatred regen @ 1.33 and on my DML it sits @ 1.22; Additionally my DML adds 10% damage to hungering arrow and at 2.55 aps(attacks per second) i pick hatred rather quickly without sacrificing damage.

At first i thought it was the bat that was the cause of my excess hatred so i exchanged it for the boar for higher damage reduction; turns out i was wrong.

My thought process has been to drop one of my defensive skills and pick up elem arrow and couple that with spike trap and just poor on the damage output, however, i am unsure what to do exactly.

anybody having similar issues? should i switch to a manticore for lower aps but higher crit? Do i need to change any of my gear?

Any advice is welcome, pertaining to the subject or not. I always appreciate outside views on my char and assistance.
Reply Quote
can anyone out there help me better DH? any advice is greatly appreciated
Reply Quote
Sentry is usually a pretty good complement to Spike Trap. Since Sentry has a cooldown, a long duration, and a limit to the number of Sentries you can have up at a time, it can help make good use of the excess hatred without competing for it.

Another option is to take Custom Engineering. With the ability to have 6 traps out at a time, it will use a lot more hatred.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/31/2013 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
sounds like a good problem to have.

drop boar for another spender then? I never really cared for pets myself.. let the WD have those. lol stats yada yada.. damage... drool*

you seem pretty beefy in the defense department so dropping boar won't hurt too much will it?

depends what mp you run mostly tho.

lower mp, ya run some trash cleaning aoe skill like bol and go to work.

higher mp go for turrets maybe? they favor higher attack speed builds and provide constant dps against those tank mobs/elites. plus you can run the one with the safety bubble and really tank it all up. win win!

nice gear too btw. cheers!
Reply Quote
Or another good hatred complement instead of Sentry might be Fan of Knives, since that also has a cooldown.
Reply Quote
I run with both ball lightning and spike trap, ball lightning for trash, spike traps for elites. I don't have hatred problems but I wouldn't say I run an excess of it either.
Reply Quote
sweet, so sounds like dropping boar is the best idea.

Should i switch out any of my gear? I see that not many people use a WF such as myself is there really that big of a difference to be found in say a manticore over my WF?

And i really appreciate the input.
Reply Quote
I tried using ball lightning with windforce and it sucks (ok actually I'm still using on my HC but I'm not really happy with it). The nice thing about ball lightning with manticore is you can fire it for like 30 seconds (ok that's a slight exaggeration) with decent hatred regen, whereas with the windforce you're out of hatred a lot quicker.

I played a little with a crossbow too, and had forgotten how clunky they are if you don't have a lot of attack speed.

I think really it's a matter of personal preference, though you're going to have a much harder time finding a windforce at an equal dps pricepoint to the manticore. But some people like the auto LS, KB, and faster fire rate.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:27 PMPosted by skp
I think really it's a matter of personal preference, though you're going to have a much harder time finding a windforce at an equal dps pricepoint to the manticore. But some people like the auto LS, KB, and faster fire rate.

just to make sure i understand this; a manticore would be a dps increase for me. However, finding a WF equal to a manticore in terms of dps the WF would cost much more, is that what you are saying?

and if so what kind of stats should i look for in a manticore?
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Silenthero

just to make sure i understand this; a manticore would be a dps increase for me. However, finding a WF equal to a manticore in terms of dps the WF would cost much more, is that what you are saying?

and if so what kind of stats should i look for in a manticore?

You should upload your character to d3up.com or another one of those sites and then just play with the simulator to see what you would need.

The number is going to be different for each individual (and for the manticore, its usefulness is largely determined by your crit hit chance).
Reply Quote
ok will do, thanks
Reply Quote
I'd like to give an update so as to help others whom may be interested in this thread/build

I did try and switch to a manticore with the following stats
1134.4 dps
+27 min dmg
+279-658 pois dmg
+192 dex
ias 10%
CD +95%
2.7% LS and a socket.

I found that i prefer the faster shooting WF, coupled with night stalker i feel i have a significant difference in the amount of disc i have thus increasing my chances of survival. Additionally the faster shooting regened my hatred a lot faster, allowing me to use my traps more often and with the drop to the boar and addition of FoK I have very little trouble with MP4 and 5.

I really hope I am on to something a bit different and out of the ordinary for DH, I hope some people will see this and try out something a bit different, maybe give the WF a try.

I will answer any questions and I will still take any advice :)
As always i appreciate any and all input.

Tl;dr

view my profile im trying to show how a wf can be very viable, and an inexpensive one at that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]