Diablo® III

Which is the better 1,000,000,000g weapon?

1) 1300+ DPS, 2 socket, 170+ Dexterity, 70+ Critical Hit Damage Manticore?

2) 1250+ DPS, 2 socket, 190+ Dexterity, 90+ Critical Hit Damage Manticore?

I am starting to save up for a new Manticore and have been looking at prices on the AH. I think the first option is more appealing, especially if it has a high weapon damage modifier like 50% to make Rubies really nice!
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/30/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Go to d3bit.com and download their utility. It scans the stats of AH gear and shows the dps and ehp gains/losses vs your current gear. It's the best way I've found to compare.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Larvi
Go to d3bit.com and download their utility. It scans the stats of AH gear and shows the dps and ehp gains/losses vs your current gear. It's the best way I've found to compare.

Does it allow users to compare things with particular gems? Like the Marquise Ruby?
Reply Quote
It does let you pick which gems to use for the comparison, not sure if it's been updated for the new Marquise gems yet though.
Reply Quote
the 1250 bow is better, but link it to chat and compare for yourself in game
Reply Quote
I was running some numbers last night... and this is what i came up with
For a Manticore 10% weapon damage modifier is a difference of 50dps

So 2socket 1350 with 30% 2socket 1300 with 40% modifier and 2 socket 1250 with 50% modifier would have pretty much the same dps when socketed with 2 Marquise Rubies

..That's not exact math just a rule of thumb to go by

I am also currently shopping and or saving for the right manticore...I am looking for a 1200+ dex 2 Socket with 45% modifier
Reply Quote
Cool thanks. I didn't feel like optimizing 2 socket manticores by a value (DPS) in 4-dimensional parameter space (Weapon Min/Max Damage, Weapon % Damage, Critical Hit Damage, Dexterity) subject to a constraint equation (Money) which changes daily. lol

Edit: Basically I am wondering what the best 1B 2 socket dex Manticore would be with 2 rubies lol.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/30/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
The 2nd one will be my choice. Also the %damage modifier will be a big factor with the new ruby. My old manti 1274dps with 100cd 2 soc beats out most low 13xx ones with low cd.. Put on ah and sold within minutes at 1.2b.
Reply Quote
option 2 for sure, 20% more crit dam...

as said above, link in chat and see for your self in game
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Nash
The 2nd one will be my choice. Also the %damage modifier will be a big factor with the new ruby. My old manti 1274dps with 100cd 2 soc beats out most low 13xx ones with low cd.. Put on ah and sold within minutes at 1.2b.

I think your new manti is the most duped (or rollback'ed) legendary on America server. There's something like 15 of that exact one floating around, lol.

-----

And to answer the OP, I'd take the first one for this patch, and the 2nd one for next patch. Basically the 2nd one will be better.
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 1/30/2013 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 06:13 PMPosted by TianZi

I think your new manti is the most duped (or rollback'ed) legendary on America server. There's something like 15 of that exact one floating around, lol.

Well, it's not 15. Many of those changed hands from what I see... Go take a look, many of those users no longer hold this. Anyway, it's was on AH under buyout and too good to pass up, lol.
I don't really care if it was duped or rollbacked. As long as I got it legit, no issues for me. Besides, it's a great item regaardless the history.
Also, go look at the IK chest, Lots of dupes too...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]