Diablo® III

1.0.7 is going to be an epic, epic patch

View profile
01/30/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Mendacium
and skill diversity (aka separating skill dmg from weapon dps).

Separating skill damage from weapons would be a bad thing.

Nothing would scale equally in any point system. Right now you can use anything and it's competitive. It scales as you get stronger.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Mendacium
I enjoy your optimism, but I think the only thing that will bring TONS of people back will be a patch that addresses itemization, RNG, elemental damage, and skill diversity (aka separating skill dmg from weapon dps).

This.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Suedomsa
I enjoy your optimism, but I think the only thing that will bring TONS of people back will be a patch that addresses itemization, RNG, elemental damage, and skill diversity (aka separating skill dmg from weapon dps).

This.

+ an xpack...
Reply Quote
my fav. patch was 1.09d for diablo 2
Reply Quote
I look forward to key farming again in 1.0.7 thanks to the massive XP bonus as incentive.

I look forward to testing out some new casual monk builds.
The Blizzard buff is exciting as it's a skill I've always been partial to.

1.0.7 will be the least interesting of all the major patches since I could care less about PvP and crafting gold sinks...but it's still something I'm looking forward to.
Reply Quote
PvP is the only reason that **May** bring people back but other then that......
Reply Quote
This patch does nothing to fix the embarrassing lack of content, the limited button control scheme meant for consoles, the awful drop system effectively removing the item hunt as an incentive to play, limited social interaction, limited build variety, and limited number of classes to play.
Reply Quote
People keep saying the patch is worthless because it doesn't:

-Gut and revamp itemization
-Gut and revamp skill system (add skill trees or decouple skill/weapon damage)
-Completely change the story

But, those things are unlikely to happen even in an expansion, let alone a patch. And the other thing that people fail to realize when they say things like the above is, there are still a lot of people who play the game- completely changing how skills/items work would alienate and invalidate everyone who is currently playing the game and all the items they've already acquired.

"So what, I would start fresh" I can hear you saying. Well, good for you. But not everyone wants to have to start over after putting hundreds of hours into a single character, and plus some people have spent actual money (as dumb as that is) on gearing their character. So enter patch 1.5 which guts and modifies the entire game, that gear is now possibly worthless or at least worth a different amount.

They may start making changes that point the game in a new direction, but there will never be a patch or expansion that is basically saying "woops, do over! Sorry lol" no matter how much you may think that's what you want.

1.0.7 will have some good changes, albeit not life altering. Complain all you want, people were furious there was no dueling at release, now it's being added and all we hear is "dueling is not enough". Anyone who's objective can see that they are trying to improve the game, but it's a slow process and no one on here seems to have all that much patience.
Edited by Vorador#1326 on 1/31/2013 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Drexl
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

lol
Reply Quote
When I see Blizzard attempting to fix this game....this video comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuwvrqHRHMg

Mostly from Curleys portion.

"Moe! - Larry! - the Cheese!"........."Moe! - Larry! - the Cheese!"
Reply Quote
Increasy legendary drop rate thx. I dont wanna play more then 10 hours just to find one, i want one at least every 30minutes.

thanks
Reply Quote
Increasy legendary drop rate thx. I dont wanna play more then 10 hours just to find one, i want one at least every 30minutes.

thanks

Find at least one every key run i do... takes me ~15mins per run with my DH on mp7. So no, it does not need to be increased.

Get more mf, bump up ur mp or find a four-leaf clover
Reply Quote
People keep saying the patch is worthless because it doesn't:

-Gut and revamp itemization
-Gut and revamp skill system (add skill trees or decouple skill/weapon damage)
-Completely change the story

But, those things are unlikely to happen even in an expansion, let alone a patch. And the other thing that people fail to realize when they say things like the above is, there are still a lot of people who play the game- completely changing how skills/items work would alienate and invalidate everyone who is currently playing the game and all the items they've already acquired.

"So what, I would start fresh" I can hear you saying. Well, good for you. But not everyone wants to have to start over after putting hundreds of hours into a single character, and plus some people have spent actual money (as dumb as that is) on gearing their character. So enter patch 1.5 which guts and modifies the entire game, that gear is now possibly worthless or at least worth a different amount.

They may start making changes that point the game in a new direction, but there will never be a patch or expansion that is basically saying "woops, do over! Sorry lol" no matter how much you may think that's what you want.

1.0.7 will have some good changes, albeit not life altering. Complain all you want, people were furious there was no dueling at release, now it's being added and all we hear is "dueling is not enough". Anyone who's objective can see that they are trying to improve the game, but it's a slow process and no one on here seems to have all that much patience.

I don't like this moral high ground you seem to be taking. I.e. that you say no one 'seems' to have much patience, implying that you're in no rush yourself.

But are you genuinely satisfied? Yes, people asked for duels on release, and they didn't add it because they wanted a 'better' PvP system, so it would be available shortly after launch. Then it was delayed a bit, but it'd definitely be out before the end of the year. Then the end of the year came, and it was scrapped, with duelling then being added (9 months later?)

And you try to present it as if Blizzard was nice and "listened" to the people who wanted duelling. If they weren't gonna add duelling on release because their in-development PvP system was what they wanted, then they deffo shouldn't have scrapped it (and the system they developed had been 'working' since 2010, as people could play the 2v2 arena at BlizzCon) only to go back to duels. It shows that they have no idea what they're doing, or where to go.

Of course duelling now isn't enough.

And yes, the patch is worthless because it doesn't do those things. But the fact of the matter is that too much of the core is too rotten to address in patches. Any patch that doesn't radically change those core features is essentially worthless, despite the fact that it won't happen with a patch (so, yes, my outlook on future patches is grim at best.) It's unlikely even from an expansion.
Reply Quote
Hi OP, you're wrong. As long as items are boring, no one that has left is coming back for longer than a day.
Reply Quote
lol i beg to defer wad sort of epicness has patch 1.07? PVP? or isit the crafting? We all already got bored playing pvp on the PTR so well ya thats out and for the crafting its jus a fad. BIS items will still pwn them bad sad to say. The only thing i can thought off after patch 1.07 goes live that will be epic will be the forums.
Edited by Xtasis#6192 on 1/31/2013 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually, Ive come back to every single patch so far. And even tho Id love to pvp, this one doesnt strike me as particularly interesting.
The core issue with D3, itemization and customization, still hasnt been dealt with.
Farming still is a chore if the loot u want, i.e. legendaries and set items, are too few and too bad.
Its just not motivating.
In D2 after 5 years and more of playing it, I could still get me to farm everyday, even if its just a couple of mephisto runs for the loot pinata.
D3 doesnt have this. You farm for hours without anything worthwhile. And Im not even talking big items that make me rich...I dont need to find those all the time. But I want at least to find me a legendary thats worth equipping for a low lvl char or a new build or just for a fanzy aura.
But instead out of farming all day I get like 5 300th spears and 3 stormshields because even after 8 months this game still only has like 20 legendaries....embarassing.
Edited by Carzeri#2782 on 1/31/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710221228?page=1#1

According to paz the core issue is our stats. So yes I would agree a person with this mentality would agree that 1.07 is a good patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]