Diablo® III

1.0.7 is going to be an epic, epic patch

View profile
Sure the patch is gonna be good, but I hardly think it will be the same as any patch in D2. We need to wait for the next patch and eventually the expansion. When this game has a few more patches and an expansion then I will be looking forward for this game to win some really good awards such as Most Improved Game of the Year, Game of the Year, Best PC game, Best RPG game, etc...
Reply Quote
It will only be epic when ladder comes and different PvP modes.
Reply Quote
View profile
This will bring more people back to D3 in a rush than patch 1.10 did for Diablo 2. And 1.10 brought a TON of people back to D2. Well Patch 1.0.7 for d3 is going to be bigger.

God I just can't wait.. we'll actually be able to sell mediocre gear again! And we'll have plenty of people to compete against and it's going to make the game more popular and well loved and we'll have dueling and trading and crafting and farming and

I'm excited

Sorry medicore will drop even more as everyone can craft even better gear...more easily
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 1/31/2013 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
This patch is nothing to write home about.

We're getting a new gem. A watered-down version of dueling with still no way to customize or organize a duel room other than to spam general chat. And some slight buffs with boring BoA items.

Itemization needs a complete overhaul and a dueling system needs to be implemented similar to D2's for longevity for this game. If 1.1 doesn't bring that, this game is done for everyone who has a slim glimmer of hope remaining.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Get ready to pvp for a total of 2 hours before you get completely bored of it and go back to the Act 3 grind.
Reply Quote
All this time I've been a diehard fan of Blizzard's, but this patch just doesn't cut it. I've had tons of hours on fun on D3, but I will now put it on a shelf until something significant changes.

~Meanwhile, POE...
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Paz
we'll actually be able to sell mediocre gear again!

Hey; I'm one of the ones who bailed 4 patches ago, but this made me stop and look. Since I've been out of the loop, would you (or someone else) be kind enough to tell me why we'll be able to sell mediocre gear again?
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Technoviking
ya all the deep core game changes and super convenient quality of life/social interaction additions are gonna be amazing.

D3 gamers/forum-reading community.

Normally, I hate all the counter-productive sarcasm on here, but this comment was just so great. It brought a smile to my face.

I've tested on the PTR now and while I do think the new patch will add *some* fun to the game and might bring some people to it, overall, I was very disappointed. It is not enough to be considered a major release patch. We've waited a long long time for a half-hearted effort that sadly falls just short I'm afraid.

I play all the classes, but I'm mostly a Wizard player. I went into the PvP area to check it out before actually trying dueling out. I haven't acquired what I consider to be end-game or even decent gear yet, so if I did duel it would only have been to help out the testing PTR. However, I already watched a few duels online and thought it just would be nice to see how my Wizard would be able to maneuver through the area. At first, I thought Wizard would obviously rule PvP but after watching the videos and exploring the zone with my Wizard, I discovered the opposite. I found more than several objects on the map that could not be by-passed by teleport. So, then in my opinion, with the main mobility skill of the Wizard not being offensive-wise that useful in duels (and is still annoying in the main game), is anyone going to play a Wizard once they all figure out that they're at a mobility disadvantage? This is just one of several examples of mobility skills that need fixing, still.

Technoviking really hit it dead on in the joke. Have their been core mechanics improvements or skill or social/user interface improvements? Yeahhh, not a lot, and they're not consistent improvements. They removed snapshot for Monk but not for everyone else. And, in my opinion, teleport should just be a no cool down, moderate resource cost skill that actually teleports. But then Wizards would dominate PvP and people would whine about that too because they're under the mistaken impression that PvP can be 100% balanced.

Anyway, they still haven't fixed teleport, mirror image or well a lot of the seldom used skills out there. I didn't see the rubber-banding as having been fixed. In fact, I noticed it more than usual because I was looking at PTR as a test and actually paying attention. Mainly, they buffed a few Monk/Wizard skills and added some BoA items (which people have mixed feelings about) and the one map that will be used for PvP. They also included the PvP NPC in all acts that I tested in. That is good but they still need to allow players to bounce from act to act and retain Nephalem Valor (so long as they keep NV in game). I don't know if they've added that functionality yet, but it doesn't appear to be the case with the testing I did so far.

Thank you once again Technoviking for the sarcasm, and if it weren't meant to be ironic, please share whatever you're on, it must be great stuff like whatever the OP is having. All-in-all, the patch is overall good and overall disappointing, if that makes any sense. Sort of like this whole game, good but not great. I would advise other players to be grateful for the small improvements we got but keep pushing for more because the D3 team can and should do better than this patch given the time they had.

Best Regards,

~Philoi.
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 1/31/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:56 PMPosted by CardinalMDM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

Yeah, I reread the original post must be three times through, and I'm having trouble figuring it out as well, ;-)

OP, if you're being sarcastic, then screw off...but if you're being serious, then I want to agree. Best part, the changes aren't terribly enormous, but 1) it'll give people more stuff to do, and 2) much of it will have far reaching effects.

My favorite part is the higher XP reward for MPs. Faster Paragon leveling will mean better ease of drops in the endgame, which will mean people will not need the Auction Houses nearly as much.

Could D3 use more improvements past that? Sure. But that will be a definite big step in the right direction.

+1
Reply Quote
This will bring more people back to D3 in a rush than patch 1.10 did for Diablo 2. And 1.10 brought a TON of people back to D2. Well Patch 1.0.7 for d3 is going to be bigger.

God I just can't wait.. we'll actually be able to sell mediocre gear again! And we'll have plenty of people to compete against and it's going to make the game more popular and well loved and we'll have dueling and trading and crafting and farming and

I'm excited

Yes 1.0.7 will bring almost as many people back as 1.10 did for D2.

By that I mean some of the people who quit will come back for a week and quit again.
Reply Quote
If the OP really believes what they are saying, they have much bigger problems in life that need addressing long before they ever log onto this game again.
Reply Quote
5 million gold pricing to remove the new highest tier of gem. I'm so in love! ;)

What I hate most about PoE is the graphics. I like a visual reward, most of these characters look like the Hoboko Chicken.

Yes, the new MP reward is the thing I'm most looking forward too. Since I play solo and don't play the AH with a base DPS of 50k, I had no chance at a Hellfire ring. Now it may actually be worth playing at a higher MP because of the improved XP and MF and recipes.
Edited by D2ModPlayer#1333 on 1/31/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
#1 Dueling is fun for "now"

#2 The crafting wont be fixed and its another "Goose Chase"

#3 People left because it was not rewarding to play, the Itemization makes it that way unless they switch how affixes are picked and balance Prefixes and Suffixes lists so that good affixes have a chance to roll together more.

#4 Diablo 2 sold Diablo 3 to the 'HERD'
--the 'HERD' is the major gaming consumer base. They are the ones that buy every Madden and Call of Duty and move from next big game to next big game. Diablo 3 sold well because the 'HERD' was told that Diablo 2 was a amazing 'legacy' game. They are on to bigger games now and wont return until a 4v4 Team Death match 'Golden eye 64" PvP is released.
Reply Quote
It's going to be so EPIC! I've been waiting for months to use vanishing dye on my legendary items.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Nhayes
PvP won't be bringing anyone back...who am I supposed to duel? All my friends quit, you can't duel in any game at any time, and there's no matchmaking systems or anything. Bad game is bad.

This made me laugh a bit.
Reply Quote
I like a visual reward, most of these characters look like the Hoboko Chicken.

LMO HOBOKO CHICKEN!!!!
Reply Quote

I'm excited

Sarcasm is for people who have no balls to stand behind their beliefs. AKA You. If this wasn't sarcasm then... good day.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Paz

First is your answer but lol

MasterJay! Sup, bud. Remember me?

Sure do MrPaz! I mistook you for a impersonator lol
Reply Quote
I came here just to tell everyone 1.0.7 is not bringing me back to Diablo III. In fact, I feel no different what-so-ever about this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]