Diablo® III

What are some EHP-heavy items?

What are some items that are known for providing a huge gain to EHP (effective HP)?
Reply Quote
Too much complaining not enough game discussing.
Reply Quote
No doubt man people are such whiners. If you don't like the game just move on.

First thing would be viles, can't beat the armor all res and life regen definitely BIS.

Ice climbers are solid for the +life, all res, and socket.

Depending on your class Ik armor, zuni armor, and Nat chest all solid choices with high vit, armor and all res.

Can always sacrifice damage on a ring get something with all res and armor like a Litanny I believe.

If you can afford it a mempo with a socket and purple gem will give mass life, armor, res.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Blackthorne's Pants with 250+ Vit, 20% Life, high AR roll and ~450 LoH (also come by default with ~95 int, dex, str).
Reply Quote
Vile Wards are certainly the cheapest. Good blackthorne pants (like the ones described by bigred) are awesome, although disgustingly expensive. A cheaper option would be rare pants with mainstat, Ar, two sockets for amethysts, 200+ vitality, and another random roll of your choice. a +armor mempo is no doubt an awesome way to go as well.
Reply Quote
Well Paz which toon are you working on for EHP or you just looking for multiclass item like listed below.

01/30/2013 04:20 PMPosted by BigRed
Blackthorne's Pants with 250+ Vit, 20% Life, high AR roll and ~450 LoH (also come by default with ~95 int, dex, str).

If there is a specific class maybe the question can be better answered or what is your end goal?
How much EHP do you want? 1mil? 2mil? 5mil?

To list a EHP heavy item though Stormshield. By far best EHP shield due to having 34% block, reduce elite dmg, reduce melee dmg taken - pretty much all mobs are melee. Then from there you can go more blocking gear like Justice Lantern ring 11%block or Helm of command 8% block. Hope that helps :)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, all.
I just want a "tank mode" setup for my barb, basically scale his damage down a bit for massive EHP, just because sometimes you wanna tank.
Edited by Paz#1827 on 1/30/2013 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
EHP doesn't factor in globe bonus which is wack since high globebonus give you full life on one potion or globe...

roll with 30k+ globe bonus and see if you hardly die again

Though that won't really help in duels :(
Reply Quote
stormshield
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Onetwo

That made me laugh. Since I was dueling all morning. Tweaking from it was a lot of fun. Get elite damage reduction since they just changed it in PTR that players are elite.
Reply Quote
Well Paz which toon are you working on for EHP or you just looking for multiclass item like listed below.

If there is a specific class maybe the question can be better answered or what is your end goal?
How much EHP do you want? 1mil? 2mil? 5mil?

To list a EHP heavy item though Stormshield. By far best EHP shield due to having 34% block, reduce elite dmg, reduce melee dmg taken - pretty much all mobs are melee. Then from there you can go more blocking gear like Justice Lantern ring 11%block or Helm of command 8% block. Hope that helps :)

I vote for stormshield as far as a Barb goes...I've got 10k armor (with wc) on him with a lot of all res, which can tank mobs that would melt my 148k Wiz...
Edited by pcjunkie#1409 on 1/30/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mempo

and what's General Chat w/o QQing? Oh yah the EU forums, then we'd need a lot more CM activity like they get, just saying.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 05:37 PMPosted by MasterJay
and what's General Chat w/o QQing? Oh yah the EU forums, then we'd need a lot more CM activity like they get, just saying.

Hmmmm do they? Never been on there forums? Do you go there to read discussion?
Reply Quote
Litany of the Undaunted ring - Excellent for EHP

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/litany-of-the-undaunted
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Paz
What are some items that are known for providing a huge gain to EHP (effective HP)?

anything with high values of +res, +armor, +life%, and the ability to roll +vita... so:

ice climbers
vile ward
strongarm bracers (a good poor-mans selection in place of crit prowlers, very cheap)
most of the set (green) armors
blackthorne pants
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 05:56 PMPosted by TopStock

PvP.... spirit vessel save from kill shot.. leaves you with 10% hp.. use potion with globe bonus.. full health..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KwShinigami-1337/hero/3606557

yeah doesn't help at all

i wonder if people still don't know that globe bonus works on potions...

rofl, i have been considering moving in that direction since i saw that in patch notes

cool to see someone actually did it
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 05:56 PMPosted by TopStock
PvP.... spirit vessel save from kill shot.. leaves you with 15% hp.. use potion with globe bonus.. full health..

Extremely valid point!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]