Diablo® III

Disparity and Hellfire Ring

I really enjoy this game. I took a break for a while but started back up when they added paragon levels. This game clearly has a lot of room to improve still, but it's fun nonetheless. However, as many people have mentioned, the disparity between average players that actually play the game and gold farmers, flippers, RMAH users, etc... is ridiculous. I thought the RMAH was created to help those that didn't have the time to grind and farm, yet it seems to be a necessity if you want to compete in Inferno.

I can't find any decent items for under 40m, and I have yet to have more than 7m gold at any given time (I was lucky enough to find Ice Climbers and Unity both for under 100k, the rest of my items I actually found). I'd rather not gold farm or flip as that sounds boring. Hopefully this issue will be fixed but it is not my main problem.

Hellfire Rings: I'm sure these are not worth the time but I am a completionist and thought this sounded like a fun thing to do beyond farming. I have been working towards getting the keys since I was at level 0 paragon. I am now lvl 23 and have the act 1 and 2 key. THAT"S IT! I have killed the act 3 warden with MP2 (yes that's all I can handle) 25 times now and no drop. I have killed him with 5 stacks (obviously) in public games at least 25 times now with no drop.

IF it only took the 3 keys and plans to make a hellfire ring, this would be perfectly fine. HOWEVER, I have to get lucky enough again to get ONE of THREE parts to make the ring. If it takes me 23 levels and I don't even have HALF the ingredients to make the event that MIGHT drop 1 of 3 more ingredients, how the hell am i supposed to ever complete this without buying better gear so I can run on MP10?

It is seriously frustrating the crap out of me. I want to play this game and have a reason to enjoy it, but if it will take 300+ hours just to get ONE part of three for a ring then I am seriously losing motivation to play this game. Also, I have seen someone else say they ran act 3 warden on MP6 about 12 times with no luck. Is something wrong with act 3 warden? Me at 20% chance on 25 runs and nada, someone else at 60% chance on 12 runs with nothing... I know it might be really bad luck, but it's pretty discouraging.
Reply Quote
You will be rage more when you made the ring. I make over 15 hellfires, only 1 can roll dmg,cc,and cd and it is not even that good.
Reply Quote
Look at my Barb's Hellfire ring, and tell me you don't want one of them. And it's easy to make, I got that one on my third try. And many others have better ones than me.
Reply Quote
It took me forever to get the inferno machine. Played, no drop and you have to start all over again. Not worth all that.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Hinary
You will be rage more when you made the ring. I make over 15 hellfires, only 1 can roll dmg,cc,and cd and it is not even that good.

Totally understand. I have 10 of them and the best ring I got only had 3.0 crit-chance. The next best ring had 27 crit-damage. Now if I could do something to merge these two rings together...
Reply Quote
Lol.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Paz
Look at my Barb's Hellfire ring, and tell me you don't want one of them. And it's easy to make, I got that one on my third try. And many others have better ones than me.

You give me your gear and I'll agree that it's 'easy' to make :)
Reply Quote
Over 20 rings in and no trifecta for me, very sad.

It seems to me a barb with 116k unbuffed should be good for more than MP2...
Reply Quote
Over 20 rings in and no trifecta for me, very sad.

It seems to me a barb with 116k unbuffed should be good for more than MP2...

I've done over 50 rings and haven't got a single BI-fecta let alone trifecta. 2-3.5 cc rings and one 8% ias. :-/
Reply Quote
OP take 5 or 6m and get someone to do an uber run for you. They will provide the machines as part of the price. Just use someone that will kill the ubers while you are in the lobby. Then you only have to survive a trip to get your 5 stacks and then you are set.

Later, much later you can farm your own and roll a new one, if you like. Unless you can survive MP10 uber fight, if so then it is better to experience it.
Reply Quote
I get that you're upset about Hellfires but there is a lot of other head-hanging in your post before you launch into your "main concern" that I don't understand and that makes your subsequent concerns lack credibility in my eyes.

You can easily compete in inferno with that gear.

10k elite kills is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. If you grind, you will get drops that allow you to afford the 40mil gold items.

This game is so watered down now that I am not sure what you are complaining about. We all can access inferno-level drops without spending much gold. Back in June, I struggled to keep my wizard alive farming Act 2 Inferno. Act 3 wiped the floor with me.

tl;dr What are you complaining about? You have 100k dps...that's 80k more than you need to farm mp0 and definitely enough to farm it efficiently.
Reply Quote
@Jabberwookie

are you solo grinding? only reason i ask is that i play with a couple friends and we are getting 5 stacks, then killing the key wardens in all 3 acts on mp5 with ease and our gear is not any better than yours.

we usually run as a monk/barb/wizard and we have zero trouble grinding out keys. granted you still don't get a key every time at mp5 but its fun and we get plenty of chances to build the rings. Mind you i have not created a wearable hellfire ring yet.....
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Nems
You give me your gear and I'll agree that it's 'easy' to make :)

I do get the feeling that the whole MP10 Hellfire thing is targetted at people who are totally OP and would not otherwise be getting any further reward from the game. So they added in a nice little bonus so all the top-tier players can have a distraction.

And once you have the machine, you then have to deal with the Ubers (all three of them?) so it's not really something that regular joe's will indulge in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]