Diablo® III

Remove account bound from items

Like the title saids i think if this were too happen their would be a little motivation to farm some of those account bind items because you will be able to trade for and sell them instead of having them just sit their in your account as trophies and i know their alot fos ppl out their that are too lazy to go farm for the items and would perfer just to buy them.

Opinions ?
Reply Quote
While you are farming for mats to make BOA, other items and money drops too.

Think of the crafting as bonus items.

Its not like you'll be farming for JUST crafting or JUST xp or JUST gold or JUST rares... all come in a run.
Edited by Goodbrew#1305 on 1/30/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fact: BOA items don't make duping magically disappear. Tri-pox, tri-nats, tri-cross, insert sick 1Her here, etc will all still be desirable. It won't even combat duping. All it will do is make a few people less likely to buy duped gloves or whatever because they won the crafting lottery. Most people aren't going to craft anything worth using any time soon. So what? You're going to make a duper have to lower his prices by 10% because there's a few nice BOA items out there. No thanks, I'd rather play an actual diablo game where everything is tradeable.

+1 OP
Reply Quote
I don't mind BoA as long as you get something cool in return if you salvage it. Because RNG pretty much guarantees horrible rolls a large percentage of the time
Reply Quote

Account bound promotes play vs AH management.
It's a healthy change for a game that should focus on loot hunting above all else.
Reply Quote
BoA items do not fix any existing problems like bad itemization and duping. In fact further down the road it will create more entrenched problems.

1) in D2 dupe items were automatically removed (by Warden I think). Its a more effective way to deal with dupes. In D3 this is a little more complex as Blizzard will need to be able to identify if the item is a dupe before it hits the AHs. In reality it can be done if only Blizzard has the will to do it. BoA will not stop duping since the dupers will just continue to dupe items that are not BoA.

2) Many posts highlighted the poor itemization table in D3 e.g. class specific items not rolling the class main stats? or say a monk class specific item rolling str stats on it? Again, D2 itemization table would be more welcome. Jay should have borrowed this from D2 and improved on it but he relied on his WC knowledge too much.

3) When Blizzard did not respond to the player's call to improve the itemization tables, eventually players got so frustrated that they started to call for BoA items in the hopes to actually getting items that have main stats on it. This is simply a poor compromise when in reality the poor itemization table ought to be improved. If the itemization table was improved then BoA items will not be required.

4) BoA potential problems, Re: (1) above, it would seem that players only course to stay away from dupes is to totally rely on crafting BoA items. How else can they avoid dupes. This means that trading will drop to a lower low and in time the economy will be impacted negatively. People will not buy from AH since they will not know which items are dupes. Besides, they can craft BoA items so why will they need to trade for items?

5) BoA as a gold sink is a joke. Will you 'destroy' a game to increase gold sinks? Are there no better ways for gold sinks? actually the forums is full of good gold sinks suggestions e.g. buying unid item from merchants is a real gold sink; increasing and improving crafting in D3 is a real gold sink; drop more plans to that people can craft, thats a gold sink. But then for crafting to work, the itemization table needs to be improved upon.

In time, players will have stash full of BoA items that they can't trade, then what?

Solution: Improve the itemization tables; bring back the ability to buy unid items from merchants, drop more crafting plans to that people will start crafting but only if the itemization table is improved upon; allow gems to do more and have more gems types, again D2 had JEWELS that had some amazing stats on it why not implement such, allow socketing by blacksmith.....

These are just some things that could be done to make this game even more fun. This forums have some very detailed explanations about such so I won't repeat them but you get the drift.....

Finally, please do not implement BoA but rather solve the fundamental issues already existing.
Edited by Miruko#1932 on 1/30/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Account bound items are the devs answer to giving the players gear that they can say they got without using the AH in order to gear up. The only other way would be to jack up the drop rates on the quality and the amount. Where it would be close to raining the best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:38 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Account bound items are the devs answer to giving the players gear that they can say they got without using the AH in order to gear up. The only other way would be to jack up the drop rates on the quality and the amount. Where it would be close to raining the best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls.

"The only other way would be....." Not at all... there are other ways really.

Work to impove the itemization table so that it rolls main stats and it does not have to "...be close to raining the best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls."

BoA is a quick solution that creates more issues later.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Miruko

"The only other way would be....." Not at all... there are other ways really.

Work to impove the itemization table so that it rolls main stats and it does not have to "...be close to raining the best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls."

BoA is a quick solution that creates more issues later.

I say it does not create issues. All it does is gives you a second way to gear up. More so for those that do not care about having the BiS gear on their character. There are a few btw that do not care about BiS.

What you do not understand though is that the devs might be in a dilemma. If they increase item quality to far then it becomes way easier to gear up, making the gearing up process lame. Just think if in D2 you did not have duping as rampant as it was and you actually needed the godly gear because you had a lot of challenging content to beat.

This is what we are seeing in a small way with the ubers and MP settings. I have no doubt that in the future there will be more content that will present a good challenge for those that have really awesome gear.
Reply Quote
ye i hope they'll wake up and remove any boa in d3....., but they dont know what they're doing so i doubt it will ever happen, this game is less diablo month by month, population drops day by day.
i wonder if D3 servers are still up 2014/2015, with the past and current direction and changes/"fixes" i doubt it tbh
Reply Quote
I can't stress enough, BoA is the only way to save the game.

1) it's a good gold sink
2) new items don't flood the AH/rmah
3) players can't sell the items for real money and quit; less incentive to leave the game
4) good gears will actually be given to people who really play the game. With the addition to PvP, casual players would be drawn to use rmah; rmah users would spend more money to compete with real players.

And I find no reason to object that, it's all-wins situation:

No time to play - RMAH still give the best items

Casual players - low/mid tier items is and will be cheaper on AH.

real players - you can never farm 2bils gold for a BiS item; craft your BoA BiS instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]