Diablo® III

What is your Minimum threshold on Item Drop Value?

In other words, what value of an item do you deem "worthy of keeping/selling"? 50,000? 500,000? 1mil? 2mil? Would you vendor an item that is probably worth 500,000 gold just because you don't want to tie up one of your 10 spots and have much better stuff to sell anyway?

And how do you determine the value? Do you just keep obvious great stuff, like a Witching Hour belt and pitch borderline stuff without even checking, like boots with 150 Stat/100 Vit/AR 50 and magic find? Would you keep/sell that? Check it on AH? Ask on the forums?

Just wondering how people go about loot sorting/filtering/item appraisals.
Reply Quote
View profile
500k.
Reply Quote
Ill sell anything on the AH that i can get at least 50k for and ill under price everything just to move it quickly since i dont need it. The only thing that ill value normally is jewelery because it can be easily interchangable sometimes with different characters easily
Reply Quote
I don't keep things based on expected value, I keep them based on rolls (obvious, but yeah.)

So, when I ID something, maybe some bracers, if it has mainstat+CC+Vit+AR I always hold onto it to check the AH. Once I'm in the AH, then I decide if it's worth it to tie up a slot to sell it if it's relatively cheap. More often than not I just sell it because I don't run the AH like a maniac, I just use it for convenience.
Reply Quote
500K right now, but I'm going to probably have to bump it up to a million as I am flooded with stuff.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Ossian
500K right now, but I'm going to probably have to bump it up to a million as I am flooded with stuff.

If you're flooded, why would you bump it up? Doesn't that make it harder to sell?
Reply Quote
lol.. well.. first of all.. u need to know your items well...

For me,.............................. yellow items
1] archon gloves/ sovereign vambraces
2] rings and amulets
3] level 63 weapons.. example : desolator wand/ veil piercer/ slayer / heaven hand

apart from that i dont pick up...

i pick up all legs..

first identify the leg.. it should be at least level 60 and above.. all lousy legs will result into salvage to save time listing and waiting and not getting sold..

for me items deem worth keeping is at least 1m and above..
Reply Quote
What's the big draw on legs? What makes a great leg? Just some stats?

Why would anyone pick up a Diablo or fist weapon? Does anyone even use those?

Aren't sources, mojos, spirit stones, wiz cloaks basically vendor trash? How could any of those out roll a set item? Same for Barb belts?

1 mil seems like a good number depending on how much you play, how much backup junk you need for alt sets and how many other characters are you are building. That chest gets awfully small when you try and hold alternative sets and all your 30,000+gp items.
Reply Quote
I pick up everything but broken gear, or level < 63 whites.

Blues are salvaged, for some reason I am into the financially suicidal technique of crafting. The original plan was to keep a good chunk of materials for the time 1.07 comes, but I could not resist the temptation and I am actually crafting things. Mixed results, but I am wearing two things I crafted and was able to sell a couple for good prices. So it is not terrible.

Rares I also pick up anything, whatever rare that seems to be sort of good enough, I keep in my stash. The rest are salvaged if the vendor price is bellow 1500 or vendored. I pick up any legendary I see.

Then after a run, I checkout the AH to see the expected prices of the new rares and legendaries. If legendary is not worth much more than a brimstone, I salvage it, if the rare is unlikely to be worth more than 100k I vendor/salvage it.

Lately I am considering to move to 500k.

Oh, and the whites. I keep a collection of white items. Believe it or not, they are also subject to RNG, so two level 63 "Superior archon armor" may have way different armor values. Whenever I find a level 63 white with a long name I keep it in my inventory, verify if it is an upgrade to the previous item and then keep it or sell it. Maybe one day they will have a useful value, but I am thinking of them as dueling gear.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/30/2013 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Legs can be non legendary and still pretty good
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Herethebeef

Legs can be non legendary and still pretty good

Ok, but you could say the same about shoulders, right? At least with legs, they can be part of a set.
Reply Quote

Oh, and the whites. I keep a collection of white items. Believe it or not, they are also subject to RNG, so two level 63 "Superior archon armor" may have way different armor values. Whenever I find a level 63 white with a long name I keep it in my inventory, verify if it is an upgrade to the previous item and then keep it or sell it. Maybe one day they will have a useful value, but I am thinking of them as dueling gear.

You keep white gear?? Are you one of those weird people that have 200 cases of toilet paper and 43 grocery bags of Funyuns because, "you never know!!"
Reply Quote
100k If I cant sell for that I check if they are better than one of my alt's items if not brimstone or vendor.
Reply Quote
i Sell everything i can!! dont give a !@#$ if i can only sell it for 10 000 or 500 000 i pick yellow and up only
Edited by Fortress#1990 on 1/30/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Lolwut
Reply Quote
I generally salvage anything that I know will be worth less than 5 mil.
Reply Quote
If it's rare and I can't get 120k for it on the AH, I don't bother listing it. I will list any crappy legendaries I can get any better than Brimstone + 2 Tears value for, as they sell quickly anyway, so they don't tie up auction slots for more than 10 minutes. Other crappy legendaries get brimstoned and never tie up a slot to begin with.

I don't check everything, there are some items you know you're going to get nothing for because they rolled a crap combination of stats, and in low values, so they get vendored at the end of the run.

Lately, I'm not even really bothering with 120k on rares, instead vendoring anything I can't get at least 240k for after checking. Some types I don't pick up at all except accidentally. I mostly pick up Rings, Amulets (though they're not moving as quickly now as they used to, they're still worth grabbing), and depending on mood I may grab Gloves or 1h weapons.
Reply Quote
I'm a terrible player. I pick up every rare. If it isn't an upgrade or it npc for less than 2000 gold it gets salvaged. I really have no desire to play the auction house at all. If I know for sure the item has value/useful affixes I will put up for 2k more than vendor price without a buyout and let the flippers bid on it. That being said I rarely find any items I deem worthyto sell. It mostly gets vendored or salvaged.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:25 PMPosted by gudmugly
I'm a terrible player. I pick up every rare. If it isn't an upgrade or it npc for less than 2000 gold it gets salvaged. I really have no desire to play the auction house at all. If I know for sure the item has value/useful affixes I will put up for 2k more than vendor price without a buyout and let the flippers bid on it. That being said I rarely find any items I deem worthyto sell. It mostly gets vendored or salvaged.

I never sold a thing all through Normal/Hell/Inferno and salvaged it all, which created quite a stockpile of materials. I sure hope crafting becomes more viable (and cheaper) going forward for both of us. Otherwise, why salvage?
Reply Quote
sc 1mil+
hc 50k+ (start 50k no buyout, if run out no bid it gets scrapped)
Edited by Odin#1507 on 1/30/2013 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]