Diablo® III

There are no dupes.

I was told on another forum that if you attempt to buy any of these "dupes" you see on the AH, you will be told the item is no longer listed.

Does anyone have any proof of players with identical items on them (one player with 2 dupes or the same item on two different characters), or are we all just relying on stuff we see listed on the AH as our proof?

The person telling me this said it has something to do with the new ability to cancel auctions, but the auctions sometimes stayed listed if they were over a certain gold amount because blizzard monitors high end items differently, and the systems didn't get completely converted after the patch allowing you to cancel auctions.
Reply Quote
Multiply "possible dupes" has been tracked on diabloprogress on various streams thou.

Edit: And no blue blizzard post and multiply replies on this pretty much tells the story that dupes exist imo.
Edited by Palten#2228 on 1/30/2013 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
diabloprogress had 20 identical manticores and 8 tal's ammy's
Reply Quote
I think if this was true Blizzard would just come out and say their is a known bug with the AH causing duplicate auctions.

Their silence says more.
Reply Quote
"these are not the droids you are looking for"

Just throwing out that people who are duping have a strong interest in convincing people there are no dupes...

Is your brain leaking? Look at my gear.

I don't farm, I don't care about farming inferno no high MP levels. I am still wearing the crap I had on the first time I killed inferno diablo like 4-5 months ago on my most geared Noobcore character.
Reply Quote
Sounds logical.
Reply Quote
"these are not the droids you are looking for"

Just throwing out that people who are duping have a strong interest in convincing people there are no dupes...

I don't farm, I don't care about farming inferno no high MP levels. I am still wearing the crap I had on the first time I killed inferno diablo like 4-5 months ago on my most geared Noobcore character.

You really missed that posters point.
Reply Quote
these items can not bid or buy so that is not dupe. But what items which can bid or buyout are dupe items
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say there are NO dupes, but there are definitely not nearly as many as people think.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Goodbrew
I wouldn't say there are NO dupes, but there are definitely not nearly as many as people think.

you maybe a duper
Reply Quote

You really missed that posters point.

I actually don't think I did.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:39 PMPosted by DevilHunter
you maybe a duper

This whole duping thing has been hilarious and enlightening.

Thanks for the social lesson about hysteria and confirmation bias D3 forums.
Edited by Gold#1264 on 1/31/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
So nobody has multiple dupes of the same item they can present as difinitive proof then?
All we have is d3prog site and the ah.
Reply Quote
One person in my friends list has a duped Skorn. I was playing with him after he got the upgrade and I checked the AH to see what a comparable Skorn would cost and saw that there were 3 more with the exact same stats.

I messaged him and he said, "Yeah I know, I didn't realize it was duped until after I bought it :/. I'm not the duper though trust me" and I said, "I wish you were cause that Skorn is ridiculous and I need one"

Edit: I don't want to link his profile just in case, idk if Blizzard is going to delete the duped items or ban the people for buying them?? But it is there if you look at my small friends list you can probably find the skorn in 5 mins...

Edit #2: Well I just realized that you can't see my friend's list lol. So here is a link to a SS I took of his profile. You can check the AH when it is back up to see if there are still any for sale. When I checked last week there were 3 of the same on the AH.

Duped Skorn: http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q730/fizzmopper/DupedSkorn_zps1077a6f7.png
Edited by Fizzmopper#1811 on 1/31/2013 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Gold
you maybe a duper

This whole duping thing has been hilarious and enlightening.

Thanks for the social lesson about hysteria and confirmation bias D3 forums.
"Hysteria"? Are you for real? It's funny how people mentioned that the dupers would post about this and try to take attention away from it.

Anyone notice this guys btag is "gold"? I'm willing to bet he's either a bot or a duper or both and uses this account to mule gold. How do I know this? He's got a level 1, and no other characters or account on any other server, just looked on his eu/asian profiles and nothing.

Yes, duping exists and no we will not be convinced otherwise by criminals such as yourself.
Reply Quote
Blizz needs to stop rolling back accounts to nip this in the bud. You get "hacked" you are on your own. Dupes have already caused prices of BIS gear to drop to 1B vs. 2B
Reply Quote
"Hysteria"? Are you for real? It's funny how people mentioned that the dupers would post about this and try to take attention away from it.

Anyone notice this guys btag is "gold"? I'm willing to bet he's either a bot or a duper or both and uses this account to mule gold. How do I know this? He's got a level 1, and no other characters or account on any other server, just looked on his eu/asian profiles and nothing.

Yes, duping exists and no we will not be convinced otherwise by criminals such as yourself.

You are comedy gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]