Diablo® III

Need help with 0Dog WD

I'm curious to the importance of IAS.
I'm on a budge build so I cant afford hundreds of millions for gear.

So have a few questions.
1. Is there much difference between 0 and 1sec CDs on dogs?

2. Is a high aps weapon better then a high dps Echoing Fury. Would i be better off with a 1,180ish dmg dps EF or finding a weapon high 1.5+aps with 1-1.1k dps?

3. Just how important is aps? Any tips on where i should draw the line between ias and dps/def.
Reply Quote
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36457728/0_DOG_GUIDE/0_DOG_GUIDE.htm

here's a guide i wrote up, I'm going to be updating some of the info hopefully tomorrow. But to answer your question yes 0 to 1 sec will make a difference, u want 0 sec cd.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 1/30/2013 1:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
nice read. I'm not sure if i can afford 0sec atm. I'm stalking the AH trying to get some good buys, but finding a good deal on ZD gear is quite hard.

I can see you have really good gear for this build. How does ZD go with lower budget gear. I wont be using rmah, planning on getting some basic gears down and working on gear as i farm. Is that not feasible with this build?
Reply Quote
A budget zero-dog build is pointless.

The only reason to go zdog is to bypass the mana issues at high MP.

A budget zdog WD can not survive high mp nor have enough DPS to be viable.
Reply Quote
^^ Hate to admit this, but he's telling the truth. :/
Reply Quote
A budget zero-dog build is pointless.

The only reason to go zdog is to bypass the mana issues at high MP.

A budget zdog WD can not survive high mp nor have enough DPS to be viable.

Still gonna give it a go, i'll keep you guys posted on how i go,
Reply Quote
Heyguyslol

Well met, mon. I've been mashing zdog for sometime now and love it. I swap out my Acid Cloud for BBV or Manitou or Grasp.

I am seriously considering replaincg my ring with a Skull of Grasp so I can replace my Mara for a Tal Rasha Ammy. It appears it is more of a DPS gain to replace my Ammy and make up the 5 seconds elsewherre. Not to mention it is ridiculously expensive trying to find any zdog items with CHC, AS, or CHD.

I have been trying to test (purchased cheap AS rings and Boots) to see what APS is needed to have no summoning time on the zdog. Right now the 4 dogs appear practically instantaneously; however, there is still a bit of lag for when all 4 appear. I'd like them to stay 4 always and return immediately after I explode them. Have you had any luck with that? When I mash I hold down "1" summon dogs and explode them with the down wheel mouse.

And just so I am clear....that 17% (6% ammy, 8% boot, 3% set bonus) bonus elemental you get is added to the Black Weapon damage (min-max) because it is Black damage. So, if your weapon damage was 282-382 Holy for instance, then none of those damage bonuses would apply? Correct?

Howse Ogre
Reply Quote
So lst night finally got my ZD to lvl60 and geared. I managed to get to the 40k dps mark w/ exactly 2aps.

I've been playing in low mps, testing the waters, seeing if this is infact a playstyle i can enjoy and i must say so far i'm really not liking it.
Sure i'm pretty tank, i can sit in the middle of arcane+molten without much problem and mobs go down decently fast. Nothing epic..

But the one thing thats ruining this build for me is ranged mobs. I have 24% MS and chasing them around is annoying as hell. Any tips for ranged?
Reply Quote
They're a pretty weakpoint of the build. Try and get them cornered. Gargantuan/Bruiser and Hex/Jinx can provide some CC to try and make them not run away as much. Some people have been successful mixing in a skill like rain of toads, darts, spirit barrage/well of souls into their build to pick off ranged mobs easier.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Blingazinga
They're a pretty weakpoint of the build. Try and get them cornered. Gargantuan/Bruiser and Hex/Jinx can provide some CC to try and make them not run away as much. Some people have been successful mixing in a skill like rain of toads, darts, spirit barrage/well of souls into their build to pick off ranged mobs easier.

Thanks for the quick reply. This might be a deal breaker for me. I havent been enjoying playing tag with all the ranged mobs. I'll give it some more testing and see if i can find something that works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]