Diablo® III

The AH duped one of my items - Bliz please look

My technique for selling items is basically, search for similar, discount a little, and price buyout only, below lowest current buyout. Then if it doesn't sell in 8-12-24 hours, reduce buyout again. This results in me canceling and re-listing about twice or three times per day if I'm playing a lot or not at work IRL.

I found a sword that I thought I would try to sell for about 20-25 mil so I started it at 23,999,999. Didn't sell, so 22,999,999. Didn't sell so 21,999,999. Didn't sell, so 20,999,999. Didn't sell so 19,999,999. Then 18,999,999 and didn't sell so canceled.

I just noticed it was in my stash today and thought it was funny that I had forgotten to re-list it for the next cheaper number, 17,999,999, so I right clicked and chose "find similar." BOOM that same sword comes up for 20,999,999 with 14hr8min to go. Same name, same exact stats, same amount I listed it for about 12 hours ago.

I'm tempted to buy it and dual wield dupes just for the hell of it and to see if I CAN buy this duped item and have two in my stash. Also this item is NOT listed in my current auctions so I have no idea who the money would go to if it were purchased.

People must have figured out how to reproduce this glitch predictably, or maybe they are doing what I did and canceling and re-listing godly items, in the hopes that that one time out of a thousand, this happens. It would explain the AH lag (heavy load).

The sword in question:
War Heart
868.7 DPS
69 STR
219 VIT
3% lifesteal
OS

Edited to add: I equipped the one in my stash on my barb and logged out, and it does work and show on my profile ( though I may have equipped my regular weapon to play by the time you read this)
Edited by HighLife#1412 on 1/30/2013 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
For the love of god there is no duping.

Notice how the AH is hella slow lately?

It's just slow to take it down, try to buy it and your receive an error message. The item doesn't actually exist and isn't for sale.
Reply Quote

It's just slow to take it down, try to buy it and your receive an error message. The item doesn't actually exist and isn't for sale.

I'm tempted but I don't want to lose 20 mil if it DOES work.
Reply Quote

There is no duping? Are you new here?
Reply Quote
Blizzard has a built in duping button called "Restore Character".

Even more, you can create a FREE "spam" trial accounts (thanks blizzard), to do this with over and over and over again. Simply give the item to a new account character, wait a day or so for the servers to save the character's state. Log in, drop the item back on the floor for your main character. Log off, delete the new account character and then select restore character from the character select menu.

Seems to work like a charm.

"no duping"
Edited by Shiven#1137 on 1/30/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I didn't believe it before but duping does exist on AH. Wonder if Bliz can police their own servers? If you are wondering which item that convinced me...search for lacunis 70+AR, 6CC, dex, & vit now. The duper is a newb, not stupid.
Reply Quote
I didn't believe it before but duping does exist on AH. Wonder if Bliz can police their own servers? If you are wondering which item that convinced me...search for lacunis 70+AR, 6CC, dex, & vit now. The duper is a newb, not stupid.

I'd get the 1.5 B ones. Gotta be better than the 1.15 B ones.
Reply Quote
Lol derp
Reply Quote
View profile
Get so tired of looking at his bin prices all the time. 888888 777777
Reply Quote
My gloves (Demonic Snare) are on the AH 2 more times, 4 if you count mine and the other ones that already sold.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:14 PMPosted by dawgiestyle
Get so tired of looking at his bin prices all the time. 888888 777777

Why you biased against 9's? Don't be numericst.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has a built in duping button called "Restore Character".

Even more, you can create a FREE "spam" trial accounts (thanks blizzard), to do this with over and over and over again. Simply give the item to a new account character, wait a day or so for the servers to save the character's state. Log in, drop the item back on the floor for your main character. Log off, delete the new account character and then select restore character from the character select menu.

Seems to work like a charm.

"no duping"

Did you craft this conspiracy or you have done it yourself to see it work? With a trial account, you cannot go beyond level 13. There is no AH access. So any item you get is as !@#$ty as one can imagine. The biggest limitation is that you cannot trade item with someone who has the regular version of the game. You cannot even drop something on the ground for others (regular version) to pick up. So you can only stock crap in your stash. Now tell me what you are duping with those.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:50 PMPosted by danitefox

Everyone KNOWS duping is real, I mean people said so on the forums so it has to be true.
Reply Quote
The sword is now gone. Did somebody buy it and did your receive it?
Reply Quote
View profile

Everyone KNOWS duping is real, I mean people said so on the forums so it has to be true.

Go look at it yourself. Search Lacuni 70AR, 6cc, dex, vit....

The original ones were up on AH for close to month for starting price of 1.150 bil with 1.35 bil bin. I know because I was admiring it for that long. The duper BIN this item for 1.150 when the item went to the general public for auction 3 days ago. Because he doesn't follow this item (I mentioned he was a newb), he has out priced himself from selling this except his one public (low starting bid) auction.
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 1/30/2013 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:28 PMPosted by money

Go look all the patch histories.

There have been multiple dupe bugs through out Diablo 3 versions. Blizzard has fixed some. But if it can happen once it can happen again. So I would not be the least shocked if there was a new dupe glitch.

And the AH theory one does not sound so unbelievable. The AH's slowness and glitchiness this last week has done very lame things for me. For a second an item was in my inventory and listed. But when I canceled it I got an error. So maybe with a bit more server instability during the time this happened to me, it could have created a dupe, just like the OP claims. But of course, nothing is confirmed (far from it)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]