Diablo® III

Update on Upcoming Changes to Rubies

View profile
If I understand correctly what the devs will be doing is only changing the min/max damage formula for weapons only. So the real damage formula would change some, but the rings and amulets that have the min/max damage will not change. At least not yet anyway, do not know about the future.
Reply Quote
So now it's changed to where terrible attack speed 2H users cannot benefit from rubies (like it should be) and benefit more from emeralds. Oooh QQ I have 1.5 aps and cannot gem my 2 socket manticore with emerald and ruby and make it overpowered for no reason.

Don't see a problem here. Don't cater to whiners who want everything and are too lazy to adjust. Anyone left whining about the change = your aps is terrible, you should be doing big slow massive crit hits and using an emerald to benefit the most. At the end of the day it's all the same crap just different ways to equal "I killed it", stop whining.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/31/2013 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
We’ve been listening to your feedback, and we agree it’s weird for different rubies to function differently, especially if it’s hard to tell the difference. Based on this, we’ve decided that going forward, all rubies will use the new calculation, and we’ll be buffing all rubies to account for the difference in calculation. We’re still in the process of evaluating what we want the final numbers to be for patch 1.0.7 once it goes live, but our design philosophy remains that some but not all builds should prefer using rubies in the weapon slot.

The whole point of a PTR is to test things out, and we appreciate all the feedback so many of you have taken the time to write up. At the start of the PTR, Marquise Rubies were definitely looking stronger than we wanted initially, and as a result of the new calculation, we’ll likely have to further refine them so that we can get them to where we’d like Marquise Rubies to be.

Great thank you for making the change. I have one very important question.

Will the new calculation on ruby scale with +% damage on weapon or will it be like magic damage on non-physical weapon?
Reply Quote
These new rubies are too powerful for a character lvl 20. "Hey, I am lvl 20, I have bought a sword ilvl 19 with a Radiant Square Ruby, and now I kill elite monsters in one blow!".

==> You need to add a lvl requirement for gems. Seriously.

The real game doesnt start until Inferno anyhow, who cares what a level 20 does? Even on basic gear doing normal mp10 with a basic socketed weap witha ruby you can 1 shot things lol.
Reply Quote
@Corgon
I didn't see that anybody ever explained what Black Damage is, so this is basically it...

A Black Weapon has physical damage but no bonus elemental damage. The bug is that those weapons get the damage bonus from any equip that gives % elemental damage.

So if you're a Wizard with a Black Weapon and a Triumvirate Source that gives a bonus %Fire %Lightning and %Arcane, you get the % bonus from all 3! If you had a Wand with added Arcane damage, you'd only get the bonus from %Arcane.
Reply Quote
So now it's changed to where terrible attack speed 2H users cannot benefit from rubies (like it should be) and benefit more from emeralds. Oooh QQ I have 1.5 aps and cannot gem my 2 socket manticore with emerald and ruby and make it overpowered for no reason.

Don't see a problem here. Don't cater to whiners who want everything and are too lazy to adjust. Anyone left whining about the change = your aps is terrible, you should be doing big slow massive crit hits and using an emerald to benefit the most. At the end of the day it's all the same crap just different ways to equal "I killed it", stop whining.

You dont know what you are talking about. APS has nothing to do with it because higher APS = more crits, so a char with high APS will still benefit more from an emerald unless he has very low CC and/or extremely high CD. The deciding factor here is CC/CD, not APS.

Calamity is black and its 1.78 APS, yet 99.999% of its users will lose dps if they go from emerald to ruby.
Edited by TasteDeath#6239 on 1/31/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 01:18 PMPosted by MarkEslava
not sure if anyone care anymore this game is dead so just go ahead do what you want and thanks for listening to our feedback when you can't do anything right

Wow you have beaten the game! Time to play hardcore my friend X-| I hope you didn't play all that time by yourself because you would be the only one to blame for not enjoying the game anymore.
Edited by lemalin#1618 on 1/31/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hooray! Finally Blizzard is making a change IN FAVOR of consistency, rather than moving away from it! Great rejoicing!
Reply Quote
STOP NERFING and start BUFFING more power for others , example : Wintch doctor , wizzard , demon hunter , monk ... THEM ..
Jay wilson nerfing everything when he was a team leader , please give it back to us , you know it was wrong for him to done that , now please give it all back to us ..

WE spend our money to buy d3 and Jay Wilson messing the game without asking the real OWNER of the game !!!!!! do not forget , we player are the REAL OWNER of the game , we pay for it and Jay wilson nerfing everything in that game without asking us ........
Reply Quote
I hope you listen to me and fix the MACE SOUND EFFECTS. I don't hear any. Try a Barbarian then use frenzy then wield any type of mace, 1 hand or 2 hand, you wont hear any sound collision.
Reply Quote
We’ve been listening to your feedback, and we agree it’s weird for different rubies to function differently, especially if it’s hard to tell the difference. Based on this, we’ve decided that going forward, all rubies will use the new calculation, and we’ll be buffing all rubies to account for the difference in calculation. We’re still in the process of evaluating what we want the final numbers to be for patch 1.0.7 once it goes live, but our design philosophy remains that some but not all builds should prefer using rubies in the weapon slot.

The whole point of a PTR is to test things out, and we appreciate all the feedback so many of you have taken the time to write up. At the start of the PTR, Marquise Rubies were definitely looking stronger than we wanted initially, and as a result of the new calculation, we’ll likely have to further refine them so that we can get them to where we’d like Marquise Rubies to be.

not sure if anyone care anymore this game is dead so just go ahead do what you want and thanks for listening to our feedback when you can't do anything right

This guy is right , stop giving us the illusion that we can change the way you do things by brainsworming with us.

at the end of the day d3 team will end up doing something completly iillogical.

i was almost a fanboy back in the days , ive been an enthusiast for d3 until the last patch announcement , thats it , i cant take this joke anymore , d3 is being beated by a !@#$load of free games.

Everytime i say D3 anywhere someone come up and tell me they hope that im not playing this %^-*ty game , !@#$ i cant do %^-* but admit they are right!!!

my eyes are wide open and i see a !@#$ty overall game.

everytime people expect something the team come up with a retarded version of theoriginal idea the game still feel like a beta.

i see you coming at me with the usual u mad jokes , im not mad , not at all , im dissapointed.

i can play dozens of other games its just sad that such a great game title has turned so wrong and end up behind free games.

you disrespect your clients and im already taking my bet on the fact that everything you do is flawed just to keep a bit of stuff for the next %^-*ty xpack a.k.a selling unfinished and recycled stuff to a black ops generation.

Thanks blizzard for following the brutal capitalist lane of work.
Reply Quote
STOP NERFING and start BUFFING more power for others , example : Wintch doctor , wizzard , demon hunter , monk ... THEM ..
Jay wilson nerfing everything when he was a team leader , please give it back to us , you know it was wrong for him to done that , now please give it all back to us ..

WE spend our money to buy d3 and Jay Wilson messing the game without asking the real OWNER of the game !!!!!! do not forget , we player are the REAL OWNER of the game , we pay for it and Jay wilson nerfing everything in that game without asking us ........

You guys hate on Jay all you want, but at least he was smart enough to make changes that would require players to adapt and and try a bit harder.

Even in its current "JW'd" state all diablo 3 has become is a Hardcore AH simulator. Crying for more buffs is only gonna take the part of the game that may still have some challenge and throw it out the window.

It's almost to the point where the end game cinematics will pop up when you finish creating a character. Its sad...

BLIZZARD we need more nerfs to keep the game alive.

.... d3 is being beated by a !@#$load of free games.

im not playing this %^-*ty game , !@#$ i cant do %^-* but admit they are right!!!

i see a !@#$ty overall game.

the next %^-*ty xpack a.k.a selling unfinished and recycled stuff to a black ops generation.

Thanks blizzard for following the brutal capitalist lane of work.

Doing this #%#%$##^&^&*^ doesn't make it easy to take what you say seriously, You have gotten your monies worth from the game already, Blizzard doesnt owe you a GD thing, get out of here with this ignorance. You make fun of the Black Ops generation, yet looking at the way you talk I would venture to say YOU are part of this BOps generation. And probably the bad player who would rather bash other games because your no good at what you would rather be playing...go home HYPOCRITE
Edited by Vonly#1474 on 1/31/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:52 PMPosted by CammyFan
The bug is that those weapons get the damage bonus from any equip that gives % elemental damage.

After reading a bit about it, I think that's not the bug, that is something that's working as intended, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The bug is that for some weapons, min base damage and max base damage are very close.
for example: 100-120

and then the weapon says something like
"200-250 dmg" as one of the affixes
the way it's calculated is this:
they add 200 to the minimum of 100, therefore minimum is 300
then they check to make sure that minimum dmg is not higher than max dmg
so you get that the new max dmg is 301
and then they add 250 to max dmg

int add_min = 200;
int add_max = 250;
new_min = add_min + old_min;
old_max = new_min >= old_max ? new_min + 1 : old_max;
new_max = old_max + add_max;

the fix would be something like:
new_min = add_min + old_min;
//old_max = new_min >= old_max ? new_min + 1 : old_max;
new_max = old_max + add_max;
new_max = new_min >= new_max ? new_min + 1 : new_max;
Reply Quote
You guys are simply unbelievable. You finally introduce one more working gem for weps so we might have 2!!! working gems and when is everybody looking forward for it you start to nerf it again!!!

What R U expecting?? If the rubbies will be weaker than the emeralds everybody wil go again for emeralds so we will have again only one working gem!!! THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN!!!

Every patch you come with nice idea but you never think for details and the result is again crap.
Please hire some new fresh blood coz you are loosing hundereds of players every day and is harder and harder to be satisfied with this broken and boring game...

OMG
Reply Quote
STOP with nerfing and START with ballancing of clas so we can have working PVP at least in year 2020!!!

Nerfing REflect damege and Molten is again step backwards as you are always making the game easier and easier.. There is already no challenge!!!!!!
Reply Quote
INSTEAD they nerf ruby damge in black or elemental weapons

they can fix topaz to adds elemental damage to elemental weapons

but the easy way for them is to nerf something instead of fixing the crapping topaz

once again blizz failed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]