Diablo® III

[Suggestion] Report duped items

After seeing 3 duped Natalya's Reflections on the AH (listed for 1.09b, 1.11b, 1.5b) enough is enough. Institute a report function on items on the AH. Allowing us to right click and report the item, the system will then check the item ID and remove the listings.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 06:24 PMPosted by speedforce
After seeing 3 duped Natalya's Reflections on the AH (listed for 1.09b, 1.11b, 1.5b) enough is enough. Institute a report function on items on the AH. Allowing us to right click and report the item, the system will then check the item ID and remove the listings.

Ok. It will check and if turns out all 3 are generated by random hence the atm of "remove the listings" will not happen.

Then you can try to argue and prove random has failed and end up start to learn about this game random is not a true random but just random is random.
Reply Quote
I say we do not need such a feature. The reason is there is no way to prove that the ones listed actually came from a player being able to dupe.

The dupes in this game come from different sources.

1. Blizz being suckered into duping items from rolling back accounts that were falsely reported as hacked.
2. There could still be some glitches in the item generation system that could cause it from time to time to dupe an item.
3. Botters, with more than 8 months after release I am sure that if a person was able to bot for about a month straight and you had enough of them. The chances of them running into two of the same stats would go up.
4. Legit farmers with the same amount of time of eight plus months. If there are millions of players still playing and farming then this is still another possibility.
5. A false duped item, meaning that there could be a glitch in the system of the AH and you are seeing three when there is only one of them that is real.
Reply Quote
I agree with both points of view:

1. There has to be a way to report duped items, and Blizzard needs to do something to stop duping.

2. Once someone buys a duped item, it has to be resalable -- asuming that the funds (gold or dollars) for the purchase was legit, of course.
Reply Quote
Furthermore, making players to report dupes are fundamentally flawed because:

1. There is no incentives for the person to report it unless he/she also has the same identical item that he/she wanted to sell. (Since there are already more than 1, you will be subjected to pricing competition)

2. Even if I reported the dupes with evidence, in return what do I gain? Will I have a copy of the dupe items? If not, then who is paying for the time spent in collecting the evidence and reporting? (I could have used it to actually play the game, not as an investigator --- This is not Sherlock Homes games)

I suggest, just let Blizz decides what's the best for this and trust them that they will do a good job on it.
Reply Quote
Bump. I am afraid I have bought one as a skorn I am trying to sell does not show up on the AH.
Reply Quote
Years down the road here is the problem. Without an item sink you will have hundreds of the best gear in the game floating around. Some of it could be on the AH as new items become the BiS gear. So with a report dupe feature, many items will be taken out as dupes when more than half of them might have actually been found. That is unless you are wanting the devs to change things where there is truly no other item with the same stats.

Where it is impossible for gear to roll with the exact same stats. If that is what you want then sorry that cannot happen because then no one else but one person will have really awesome gear. That is being stingy, like that piece of gear is only for one player.
Reply Quote
blizzard will never remove duped items (except by banning cheaters with unsold dupes) because it makes no sense to remove a duped item from an innocent buyer

so just get over the whole dupes thing already
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:56 AMPosted by minkywhale
so just get over the whole dupes thing already

Said like a true botter/cheater.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]