Diablo® III

Been waiting for this fix in pvp

And its now a reality. =)

Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards now receive a 30% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
Reply Quote
is this for real?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes_Updated_130-1_30_2013#c-7810101016

Make sense if you consider that barb always uses throw build against range classes and monks always teleports on every attack.
Reply Quote
Yea, this changes things SO much.
Reply Quote
Its a change that they should have implemented on the 1st release of pvp. Now im expecting a lot of whining again from a lot of barbs who havent figured it out how to fight a dh or the other range classes.
Reply Quote
They also made some weird line of sight change, so fighting barbs around stuff is like they have smoke screen. They turn invisible behind the poles on the bridge even...
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Josef
They also made some weird line of sight change, so fighting barbs around stuff is like they have smoke screen. They turn invisible behind the poles on the bridge even...

I think this is for any class.
Reply Quote
Yeah but I meant some benefit more than others. It's very easy to land a Rend now if you don't stay out in the open. Not sure if there's much benefit for us, maybe against WDs? I'm not complaining, just saying how I see it.

But you can still check where people are by shooting at them with for example evasive fire or cinder arrow, the hit animation is visible.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 1/30/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
So if i'm reading the notes right, DH gets 30% dmg reduction and melee gets 65%? It was hard as hell killing higher geared barbs, now it will be impossible.
Reply Quote
Now that we have a raw 30% dmg reduction this might open up for new strategies to explore.

Say gloom + guardian turret + numbing traps. As long as you have a decent ehp this will be a nice combo to try.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Monsta
So if i'm reading the notes right, DH gets 30% dmg reduction and melee gets 65%? It was hard as hell killing higher geared barbs, now it will be impossible.

No only 35% dmg reduction for melee.
Reply Quote
Blue confirmed only 35% total, not 65%

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810091183#9
Reply Quote
wow
Reply Quote
Makes a huge difference
Reply Quote
Although the barbs and monks are 5% harder to kill, but i would rather go with this than having them 30% dmg reduction and we have none at all.
Reply Quote
Yeah 5% is peanuts compared to us getting 30% just like that. I'm really liking this change, it's a pretty significant survivability bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]