Diablo® III

PTR(1/30): finally..smart cyclones generated.


Cyclones generated by Sweeping Wind should now travel roughly in the same direction that the player is facing


finally they figure a way to do it?
i thought they could add more AI to it, maybe cyclones now will seek the enemy.. am i asking too much? lol

and more for WoL.. i am not a fan of this, but can anyone show me link, how fun could this WoL be? been too lazy with the cookie cutter build..


• Wave of Light
•Weapon damage increased from 390% to 829%
•Follow-up weapon damage increased from 390% to 829%
•Skill Rune - Explosive Light •Weapon damage increased from 430% to 914%
•Skill Rune - Pillar of the Ancients
•Now deals 595% weapon damage followed by an additional 595% weapon damage after 2 seconds (up from 280% weapon damage)
Reply Quote
Forgot the link:
Here for those want to read more about PTR updated 1/30 (red)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/
Reply Quote
excellent. >;)
Reply Quote
I tried out the "smart tornadoes". Holy cow they're awesome.
Reply Quote
I am very excited about most of yesterday's updates. ^_^
Reply Quote
on another ptr note:

Dueling
General
Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards now receive a 30% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)


soooo.... they get an extra 30% reduction, we get an extra 5%? that sounds fair. like high end DH arent imba already
Reply Quote
Posts: 1,612
View profile
Additional 5% on top of 30% for a total of 35%.
Reply Quote
see, there's a reason that Blizzard uses the number 35.
and it's more than just mathematics. :)

And yea, these 'smart tornadoes' are excellent,
it's almost like they're seeking out the enemies, the true "Cyclone", haha.
Reply Quote
Posts: 1,612
View profile
I always wondered why the hell all my tornadoes would go behind me when all the mobs were in front of me...jesus. This is a great fix. I'll have to try it out tonight.
Reply Quote
Seems like "smart" cyclones aren't really ideal for TR build :/
Reply Quote
Posts: 4,044
View profile
I'm all for buffs, but yikes, just keep adding damage to skills?

I would like some kind of life steal somewhere!

The regen on MoH is TINY and does not SCALE...

p.s. I may not know what I'm talking about ... :/
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Piffle
Seems like "smart" cyclones aren't really ideal for TR build :/


I'm using a modified version of the TR build, without TR. I know that sound strange but ... whatever. I use Dashing Strike a ton. If I even go back to using Cyclone (just using the extended duration rune on SW), they'll be moving all over the place as I bounce around the field like crazy.

Can't they just change it so it seeks out the nearest mob? Or hell, make them stationary ... oh wait the barbs would complain that it's too similar to their passive.
Reply Quote
finally they figure a way to do it?
i thought they could add more AI to it, maybe cyclones now will seek the enemy.. am i asking too much? lol


Still, it's a great improvement over their current habits to wander around willy-nilly and scare away off-screen Goblins, or aggro another elite pack, while I'm still dealing with the first one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
20305
Posts: 6,239
I'm a huge fan of WoL, but I'd wager it's dramatically less useful when you're geared to the teeth and looking for fast farming. It's awesome when doing content appropriate or slightly above your gear level, because it hits like a truck and gives you time to breathe. It also plays wonderfully with Life Per Spirit Spent, but you need pretty high spirit generation for it to be a really enjoyable playstyle (I'm currently running Inner Storm, Circular Breathing, Guardian's Path w/ 2h, and any spirit generator with bonus spirit generation).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]