Diablo® III

Why we quit D3 and play "that game"

First of all, this topic is based on my experience and experiences of players from where i live(which majority are playing 'that game' in terms pf arpg). I am a huge blizzard fan and the first blizzard game i played was Warcraft2. I am guilty of quitting and playing 'that game' but for me, D3 is still the better game.

So why we quit? Its because we are DONE with D3. By 'DONE' means that we are done getting all the satisfaction, enjoyment and excitement from this game on the PVE PART only. We loved it, we enjoyed it and we thanks blizzard for that.

So why we play 'that game'? 2 reasons: First, they offer something new to arpg. Second, the promise of no AH/RMAH and 'no pay-to-win pvp'. Like i said earlier, we loved D3 on the pve part only but we can't continue playing because we want a game with a 'no pay-to-win pvp'. The downfall of 'this game' will be if they cannot keep their promise.

With those said, the only problem we have with D3 is RMAH. We don't care about other problems because the devs are working hard to fix it through patches but RMAH is impossible to fix/remove. Because of it, i will say that this will be a 'pay-to-win pvp'. I never used RMAH but when i think of it, if i will spend my whole week's pay, i can could make an estimate of 8 billion gold. I only work as an online freelancer, how much more to those who have business or full time job.

Thats it. Sorry for my english (its only my 5th language). We don't hate diablo 3. We love it but its time to say goodbye. Ill see you in D4, i hope!
Edited by kidkram#6457 on 1/30/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:44 PMPosted by kidkram
First, they offer something new to arpg
Aren't the AHs something new to ARPGs too?

Maybe stop using the word "new" instinctively from "good"?

To be honest, RMAH QQ is tiresome.

We all knew the game was going to have a RMAH , ever since years before it was released. And really, if you are the kind of player that really hurts just by thinking that somebody else has better gear, then you are better off leaving D3. Of course, unless all gear and gold was account bound, it is unlikely that "the other game" will not have a black market. Just like D2 and WoW, so maybe you need to consider that... Actually, just two seconds googling "Buy Other game gold" already took me to a site that effectively turns it into pay to win.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I play new games because, well, they're new.

This is not Highlander. There can be more than one.
Reply Quote
This is not Highlander. There can be more than one.

Blasphemous! There can only be one lord of the ring, and he does not... share power!
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:53 PMPosted by vexorian

We all knew the game was going to have a RMAH , ever since years before it was released. And really, if you are the kind of player that really hurts just by thinking that somebody else has better gear, then you are better off leaving D3. Of course, unless all gear and gold was account bound, it is unlikely that "the other game" will not have a black market. Just like D2 and WoW, so maybe you need to consider that... Actually, just two seconds googling "Buy Other game gold" already took me to a site that effectively turns it into pay to win.

Yes, we knew that there will be RMAH but at the release of D3, we don't know what our endgame goals are. We just want to jump in this game because its a blizzard game and we are fanboys. Then later after months have passed, we decided that pvp is our endgame because we enjoyed pvp in mmorpg we played before D3 and we want to experience that enjoyment in D3 too.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:53 PMPosted by vexorian

Since you are a fan of google, look up pay to win. If we want to make 3rd party sites the key, it's practically impossible to design an ARPG that isn't off-line only that wouldn't be considered one.

To hell with the idea it's my responsibility to predict the impact of a design decision before experiencing it. If it sucks it sucks. Nobody is asking for a refund here.
Reply Quote
and yet here you are....
Reply Quote
Actually the other purpose of this thread is to reveal some "REAL" reasons why people play 'that game'. Not those exaggerated reasons from advertisers on this forums.
Reply Quote
Yet... here you are posting in the official forums for a game you are "done" with... good work genius.
Reply Quote
I didn't expect the other games to be amazing, but I tried them anyway (TL:2, PoE) and I gotta be honest... They're nothing special. D3 is still the best of a bad situation.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:44 PMPosted by kidkram
Like i said earlier, we loved D3 on the pve part only but we can't continue playing because we want a game with a 'no pay-to-win pvp'. The downfall of 'this game' will be if they cannot keep their promise.

You've nailed the problem with "that game" in your last sentence. It's easy to sell spell effects, dances, skins and other non-essential features while the game is hot. What do you think is going to happen when the hype dies down and FOTM crowds move on? The bills and the salaries still need to be paid, after all. As a proud survivor of a Korean-model F2P item shop game (first MMO I've ever played), I'll tell you:

1. Expect to be squeezed for cash, whatever it takes. In F2P, you're a waste of server space until you pony up. After you do, you're upgraded to a customer... maybe. Pony up more, and - gratz! - you're a "whale" to be catered to and milked accordingly.

2. In keeping with the above theme, expect to see items in the shop that are more than strictly cosmetic, as player power is the only thing that sells reliably. Some shops have the honesty to sell it straight up - gold ammo, gear, abilities, boosts. Other are more subtle and sell shortcuts to power instead, while claiming it's strictly "convenience" items: +XP, faster mounts, larger inventory, premium farming areas, etc.

My guess is that "the other game" will go the second route as it gives an appearance of not breaking the promise of "no pay2win." Too bad though. If they were asking for a flat box fee or even offered the game with a sub, I'd give it a try. With F2P, it can rot in hell. I'll take an honest RMAH over this any day.
Reply Quote
And who the hell are "we"? I see reasons "you" kinda left this game for "that game" but I don't see anybody else. God man, you sound like Borg!
Reply Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_%28novel%29
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]