Diablo® III

plague bats - pvp

you do know that haunts do no stack right?
Reply Quote
You are right that it is 5sec, but the concept is the same, chaincasting does not give you more dps. Again, the problem isn't that you said PB ramps up, you compared it to the way cloud of bats ramps up, it is totally different. Also, keep it short, I'm not going to refer to all the !@#$ you are saying it is all over the place.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Chewzilla

Did you read what I wrote?

02/01/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Chewzilla
You are right that it is 5sec, but the concept is the same, chaincasting does not give you more dps. Again, the problem isn't that you said PB ramps up, you compared it to the way cloud of bats ramps up, it is totally different. Also, keep it short, I'm not going to refer to all the !@#$ you are saying it is all over the place.

And you said you weren't being condescending before? What I'm saying is not all over place man, and I'm trying my best to explain it to you as simply as I possibly can.

So the short response :

Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

The Explanation :

A DOT is damage over time. It works when 1 action does multiple attacks over the course of a set time based on a predefined interval. I cast it, it continues to damage for 5 seconds after the target is hit.

Iif you stack DOTs you are now doing multiple attacks initiated by a single action each, over a set period of time taking place at the same time not in succession.

Say if I attack a target with a single haunt, pb, and toad, or even 3 PB ticks. The target will be taking damages per ticks during the course of the same time period, predefined by the life spam of each DOT. As long as I am able to cast all 3 DOTs prior to the first one expiring.

This does give you more damage per second. As at any given second your target can be taking damage from 3 different spells at the same time allowing you to free yourself to cast big hitting spells that do instant (non-dot) damage on hit. These spells will then land on the target while it is still under the effect of the DOT. Thus you are now hitting a single target with 4 spells at the same time.

While I don't want to speculate the context you are using for chain casting. This only works when you combine DOTS, CC's, and standard spells. For example If I casted Splinters, then bears, then well of soul all the damage would be done in succession one after the other, making it much more difficult to overcome a targets regeneration capabilities.

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer then that.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 2/1/2013 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
......... using the word !@#$ makes me condescending? You say it is hard to communicate in a forum setting, then proceed to make it as hard as possible..... and there still isnt a reason to use a different nuke if you are already using plague bats :/ but (and NOW we get condescending) you should keep using your retarded bear/bats build, that looks like a real doozy
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Chewzilla
......... using the word !@#$ makes me condescending? You say it is hard to communicate in a forum setting, then proceed to make it as hard as possible..... and there still isnt a reason to use a different nuke if you are already using plague bats :/ but (and NOW we get condescending) you should keep using your retarded bear/bats build, that looks like a real doozy

Yes saying that I posted !@#$ all over the place is condescending when I take the time to write out a response in an effort to explain something to you that you are having a hard time understanding.

PB standing on it's own isn't always good enough to be a "nuke" spell it depends on the EHP of what you are playing.

*facepalm* - I just loaded the bats in to double check the cast time as the ptr was down last nite. I like to verify things before I to speak to them.

Just trust me man, or do you want me to ask sayga, chuck, or skywalker to repost the same thing so you can accept it as doctrine?

I'm done with this.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 2/1/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
you are a total narcissist, and since when has you saying you are done with something meant you were actaully done with something, guess I'm just gonna have to trust you(that seems like a common tactic for you anyway) I best just pretend to take the higher ground here that seems to work for you too.

I bid you good day.

oh and please unleash your personal posse of expert witchdoctors on me, it's not like I haven't done this with them too
Edited by Chewzilla#1721 on 2/1/2013 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
If Bats is so retarted Chewzilla, why do you have a ring and a helm that reduce the mana cost for it? Seems counter intuitive to not use bats when your profile shows you have those items.

Nm. Saw the earlier posts...
Edited by WhiteWalker#1388 on 2/1/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol I love bats XD
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Chewzilla
guess I'm just gonna have to trust you(that seems like a common tactic for you anyway) I best just pretend to take the higher ground here that seems to work for you too.

I'm sorry, this made me laugh my head off for a good while.

02/01/2013 02:40 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
If Bats is so retarted Chewzilla, why do you have a ring and a helm that reduce the mana cost for it? Seems counter intuitive to not use bats when your profile shows you have those items.

He never said they were retarded.

02/01/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Chewzilla
I don't care if WoS autotargets, because I am only nuking when I have a jink chain(with jaunt up) and I already have the control I need to dps.

Its not just the auto targeting--its the fact that ALL souls have the chance to crit and the quick DPS. Like I said, even if you long jynx someone--you are looking at WoS doing 230% and (3) 65% souls. That's not including a crit on all souls OR any item skill bonuses OR attack speed. The DPS ceiling and potential for WoS is much greater than Plague Bats.

To put it out flat, Plague bats simply does not have that much DPS as WoS puts out. You can combine it with Manitou + Haunt + Bats--but I doubt it will still do more than Haunt + WoS.
Edited by Lmaoonadee#1981 on 2/1/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ya I saw the earlier posts and edited it. I didn't feel like reading all the ranting. Oh and I personally enjoy using pyrogeist for DH's, love how it "detects" them when they are cloaked and does dmg while you aren't, sort of like a photon cannon, haha.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Chewzilla

a lot of wds I played have tried to haunt stack me lol
Reply Quote
chuck, you can't ask ppl questions they dont understand.

02/01/2013 04:10 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
Oh and I personally enjoy using pyrogeist for DH's, love how it "detects" them when they are cloaked and does dmg while you aren't, sort of like a photon cannon, haha.

yeah i love how ppl bashed pyro, its so op. though you dont need it for dh, just SB/Haunt. Here is my pvp build, though i like to use corpse bomb sometimes as well in place of it, or sb:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#geXUSY!Wef!ZZacYb

good times.
Reply Quote
I like your build SayGa, simialr to the one I usually fall back on. Although I prefer Frightening Aspect over Phobia, for the armor. I keep everyone constantly cc'd as it is so it's not as important for me I guess. Definitely liked the Healing Journey, I usually go with Jaunt but I think is better after playing with it. Pierce the Veil works well with anyone but the toughest barbs because I run out of mana too fast on them and they still don't die :/ I replace it with Blood Ritual if that is the case. I'd probably replace Pyro with Jinx w/ barbs as well seeing as it's like shooting BB's at most of them and the jinx helps bring them down a little faster while keeping them still! I hate those running renders! I'd recommend the build to any WD though. Good choice.
--------
I'll have to give corpse bomb another shot. Didn't like it when I tried before. What's the strat you use with it?
Edited by WhiteWalker#1388 on 2/1/2013 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Corpse bomb is a lot of fun. You can use it to lead your targets, block off areas of approach, take down targets as they run away since it's fast and can spawn anywhere on the screen, or just for taking out somebody who stands still for to long. It's something that needs to be use and played with for a little while to get the hand of it. I'd suggest trying it in FFA first.
Reply Quote
seems like it takes too much mana for too small of an amount of damage.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:32 PMPosted by WhiteWalker
seems like it takes too much mana for too small of an amount of damage.

It works well with spiders.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]