Diablo® III

You don't know bad

until you played POE
Reply Quote
You seem a little desperate to ensure that everyone knows you dislike PoE. Just relax, play what you want.
Reply Quote
OP, you are an idiot. its free, and its in beta, and the team of devs is prob 1/16th of the size of the guys that created this atrocity.
Reply Quote
I moved on to TERA. Both of these games bore me atm. Can't wait to see what they do with PoE tho.
Reply Quote
Well, since Torchlight II hasn't been the end-all be-all replacement for Diablo 2 like people thought it would be, it's time for PoE to be the center of discussion until it's released and is also somewhat disappointing in the long run. I'll be over here playing D3 if anybody needs me.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

A must see for people in the heat of the PoE vs D3 forumwarfare
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Jortalus
Well, since Torchlight II hasn't been the end-all be-all replacement for Diablo 2 like people thought it would be, it's time for PoE to be the center of discussion until it's released and is also somewhat disappointing in the long run. I'll be over here playing D3 if anybody needs me.

Well by the time we realize PoE isn't the ARPG saviour, we'll have Grim Dawn almost out and we can over hype that game. And then by the time we are over that one, there will be another, and so forth and so forth. And we'll keep hyping every ARPG to come out from this point on until one is super mega ultra great, and then we'll say I told you so - even if it takes years.
Edited by Goodbrew#1305 on 2/1/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
the only thing that turn me off is share loots.... i will not play multiplayer in POE....
Reply Quote
Sorry but even before I played PoE I knew this game was bad, all PoE did was restore hope that good games can still be made. If only by an indie dev.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Rogue
Graphics and Combat/Physics are obviously not as good as D3 (the new Diablo team got this right), but just about everything else is superior in POE.
Reply Quote
PoE has some interesting ideas, but people give it much more credit than it's due. It's unpolished, clunky, has poor graphics / aesthetics, no respecs, server problems, having to 'find' skills, silly death penalties, etc. It's a labor of love... by a couple of obvious amateurs. I think the only reason it's popular is because so many people have their heads up Kripparian's / Totalbiscuit's behinds, and either don't want to think for themselves, or aren't capable (given the state of world affairs, I lean toward the latter) of doing so.

PoE isn't bad. Heck, it's better than Torchlight 2 by a long shot. But it's nowhere near as polished refined, or complex as D3, although it has the illusion of complexity much as D3 has the illusion of simplicity.
Reply Quote
PoE has some interesting ideas, but people give it much more credit than it's due. It's unpolished, clunky, has poor graphics / aesthetics, no respecs, server problems, having to 'find' skills, silly death penalties, etc. It's a labor of love... by a couple of obvious amateurs. I think the only reason it's popular is because so many people have their heads up Kripparian's / Totalbiscuit's behinds, and either don't want to think for themselves, or aren't capable (given the state of world affairs, I lean toward the latter) of doing so.

PoE isn't bad. Heck, it's better than Torchlight 2 by a long shot. But it's nowhere near as polished refined, or complex as D3, although it has the illusion of complexity much as D3 has the illusion of simplicity.

LOL? Such a hypocritical post.... the reason people love PoE (Yes the Blizztards fit your quota so they hate it of course) is because they CAN think for themselves and WANT to think for themselves so they don't want this cookie cutter boring game like D3 where you are TOLD how to play. Polish and all the eye candy crap isn't needed for an intelligent gamer.... even more true if you have a life outside of gaming.

Only people who wanna play Double Tornado and buy gear off the (Real Money) Auction House play D3.
Reply Quote
I play both games ATM, love D3 still since release.

PoE has some good things, but *some* MAJOR flaws which are a huge turnoff for me. In fact, I just "rage quit" as a PoE newb and just started up D3 again.

* no easy respeccing
* horrible, horrible loot
* every time i die i start back in town and have to walk through the entire area to get back where i was
* no currency (i hate PoE's trading system)
* no AH to buy//exchange loot.
* no floating dmg texts

And other things. Some of those things are game-breaking for me. If they dont change some things I cant see PoE becoming successful. Respeccing for starters...
Reply Quote
[quote] cookie cutter boring game like D3 where you are TOLD how to play.

You and all the other "community people" over at PoE are funny people, obviously do not see your own hypocrisy.

I already made several threads on the PoE forums complaining about things which are beyond my comprehension, such as lack of good respeccing, lack of AH, lack of dmg texts and a lot more.

The poe forum is FULL of people who want to impose THEIR view onto others.

In fact, THE POE PLAYER is "told how to play" because you have to accept their weird views why respeccing is not possible and why it "would be better" to reroll a character instead.

You are ALSO told that floating dmg texts would be "bad" because someone *thinks* (read again: someone THINKS) it would not be "necessary". And of course those people who cannot even fathom that an AH would be a good addition instead of a negative.

The funny thing is, even if D3 is not a "perfect" game (no game is!) Blizzard indeed listened and still listens to player input and over time often changes game(s) according to player's wishes.

Whether the PoE people would EVER realize that some things like an AH, damage text or for god's sake respeccing is a GOOD thing is an entirely different story. With only a few hours playing I am already fed up by the arrogance of some people over there with their weird views, doing *exactly* what you are complaining about: Telling other people how to play according to THEIR "philosophy".

floating dmg text is not necessary, therefore accept it we won't have it
respeccing is not necessary, does not "go well" with our philosophy..therefore you won't get it..

etc...etc.. --> Lol at you guys and your hypocrisy!
Edited by Flexyana#1496 on 2/1/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]