Diablo® III

You don't know bad

They both have cool features. I enjoy them both.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Flexyana
[quote] cookie cutter boring game like D3 where you are TOLD how to play.

You and all the other "community people" over at PoE are funny people, obviously do not see your own hypocrisy.

I already made several threads on the PoE forums complaining about things which are beyond my comprehension, such as lack of good respeccing, lack of AH, lack of dmg texts and a lot more.

The poe forum is FULL of people who want to impose THEIR view onto others.

In fact, THE POE PLAYER is "told how to play" because you have to accept their weird views why respeccing is not possible and why it "would be better" to reroll a character instead.

You are ALSO told that floating dmg texts would be "bad" because someone *thinks* (read again: someone THINKS) it would not be "necessary". And of course those people who cannot even fathom that an AH would be a good addition instead of a negative.

The funny thing is, even if D3 is not a "perfect" game (no game is!) Blizzard indeed listened and still listens to player input and over time often changes game(s) according to player's wishes.

Whether the PoE people would EVER realize that some things like an AH, damage text or for god's sake respeccing is a GOOD thing is an entirely different story. With only a few hours playing I am already fed up by the arrogance of some people over there with their weird views, doing *exactly* what you are complaining about: Telling other people how to play according to THEIR "philosophy".

floating dmg text is not necessary, therefore accept it we won't have it
respeccing is not necessary, does not "go well" with our philosophy..therefore you won't get it..

etc...etc.. --> Lol at you guys and your hypocrisy!

Floating damage text is a good thing, You are mistaking the PoEtard with the legitimate gamer. There are retards on both sides as with anything but from an unbiased point of view it's hard to see D3 having a better core game than PoE.
Reply Quote
Wow there are people in this thread who are so deluded its incredible.

02/01/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Rednecksith
PoE isn't bad. Heck, it's better than Torchlight 2 by a long shot. But it's nowhere near as polished refined, or complex as D3, although it has the illusion of complexity much as D3 has the illusion of simplicity.

Are you taking your medication there buddy? D3 has complexity? Should we go through the checklist of stats required when looking for any item in d3?
Main stat check
Vit check
AR Check
crit/crit dmg Check
IAS Check

But wait d3 has millions of possible specs MILLIONS EVERYONE!!! REJOICE.
now out of those million specs 999,983 are complete unviable trash for any high mp.
Complexity meter shooting through the roof here.

02/01/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Flexyana
Whether the PoE people would EVER realize that some things like an AH, damage text or for god's sake respeccing is a GOOD thing is an entirely different story.

You sir are the reason why blizzard has ruined the d3 franchise. Dmg text aside cause i wont argue that. You cant see why not making COMPLETE respecs so easy (respecing can be achieved for small mistakes and even full respec can be achieved with enough orbs) because you are 9 years old and want want want want want waha waha waha to try all the spec on one toon and u want to be able to do it right now at the click of a button because mums credit card that bought all your gear btw cannot purchase u a full respec in POE.

You and the AH/RMAH can go jump off a cliff that has naked gay guys with aids at the bottom.(no pun intented). Its not a good thing and i hope Poe never has an AH. It ruined D3 and anyone who is not purely in the game to make real money is a liar if they dont admit it.

If u dont like poe thats fine but please take ur fanboy goggles off and dont try and say that d3 has any complexity or depdth.
Reply Quote
^ My sentiments on both the AHs, in a nutshell. Well put. I utterly and completely do not understand people who can't see how insanely destructive they are to a game of this genre.
Reply Quote
I play both games ATM, love D3 still since release.

PoE has some good things, but *some* MAJOR flaws which are a huge turnoff for me. In fact, I just "rage quit" as a PoE newb and just started up D3 again.

* no easy respeccing
* horrible, horrible loot
* every time i die i start back in town and have to walk through the entire area to get back where i was
* no currency (i hate PoE's trading system)
* no AH to buy//exchange loot.
* no floating dmg texts

And other things. Some of those things are game-breaking for me. If they dont change some things I cant see PoE becoming successful. Respeccing for starters...

This really illustrates the difference in taste for those who prefer D3 to PoE.

I consider everything you listed as positive attributes for the game. Except, I disagree with the horrible loot. You played for what 5 levels? so you have no idea what you are talking about. Loot is great, at any time, and at any level you can get high level spheres, which are the currency. It's like playing D3 and being able to find a 100m gold item, at any time, in any difficulty.

Why did you even try PoE, when what you really wanted to play was D3? You are basically saying that you hate PoE because its not exactly like D3.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by Icon0clast#1542 on 2/2/2013 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Elohim
until you played POE

op is so descriptive of his experience and informative as to what had influenced his opinion, it is staggering.

But this is what defines the differences between games. D3 is for people like OP, with vocabulary of 27 words and interpretation skill that would actually rank in negatives, if it could have been calculated. PoE take some brainpower and it's sooo very uncomfortable for some to actually start to think in games nowadays
Reply Quote

I already made several threads on the PoE forums complaining about things which are beyond my comprehension, such as lack of good respeccing, lack of AH, lack of dmg texts and a lot more.
!

In other words, lack of things that you prefer but, in your misguided hubris, think are necessities.

Oh, and you forgot to mention the lack of telling you where to go on the beach when you first start (when there is literally only one way to go), or that they don't tell you how a Waypoint works when you click on it, even though the very first quest has you talk to the NPC Tarkleigh, who tells you how they work.

Of course, you'd rather pick up a Kindle when you want to read, right? Games should just point you in the right direction all the time every time to make things easy...

/sarcasm

Yeah, I remember you. Stick with this game, please. D3 is clearly more your style.
Reply Quote
floating dmg text is not necessary, therefore accept it we won't have it
respeccing is not necessary, does not "go well" with our philosophy..therefore you won't get it..

yeah it's not necessary... think how fking messy your screen is if you have a lesser projectile forking lightning arrow into like a mob of 30 or so zombies. you wouldn't even see a game anymore. you'd see numbers. boring.
Reply Quote

PoE has some good things, but *some* MAJOR flaws which are a huge turnoff for me. In fact, I just "rage quit" as a PoE newb and just started up D3 again.

* no easy respeccing
* every time i die i start back in town and have to walk through the entire area to get back where i was
* no floating dmg texts

And other things. Some of those things are game-breaking for me. If they dont change some things I cant see PoE becoming successful. Respeccing for starters...

Also read as "I am a casual and enjoy easy games".

You listed cons, but they are all pros. Also you think D3 itemization is better than POEs? ...Enjoy your pure stat sticks.
Edited by Tyrindor#1119 on 2/3/2013 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
The selfish part of me hopes that people like the OP stay far far away from PoE.
Reply Quote

* no easy respeccing
* no floating dmg texts

Weird. Every point you made is what makes PoE perfect in my eyes. Different strokes for different folks :D
Reply Quote

* no easy respeccing
* no floating dmg texts

Weird. Every point you made is what makes PoE perfect in my eyes. Different strokes for different folks :D

+1.

* no easy respeccing - You can trade and find orbs to get those passives back. Not difficult.
* horrible, horrible loot - I'm guessing you don't understand it.
* every time i die i start back in town and have to walk through the entire area to get back where i was - What a bummer. Or just create a portal if you don't think you can handle it. (This must take brains to think of though, a turn off of D3 users)
* no currency (i hate PoE's trading system) - Again, not difficult to understand.
* no AH to buy//exchange loot. - OMG, you have to actually barter with people or find loot to trade that is worth something. No no, why did someone make a game like that, because it is awesome.
* no floating dmg texts - Bad guy's bar is ____________ long, you must deplete it, no matter how much life is in it, you can usually tell how long it will take by the fractional deductions to it.

Have you not noticed when you go to the Character screen, it shows you the damage of all your abilities. Not everything is linked off of 1 item (your weapon). The speed of the game ramps up quickly once you get past the 1st act. I would love to go on and on about how POE demolishes D3 but the time is not worth it and now that my computer is done virus scanning, it's back to some more game time (POE)

Also, to answer the glaring question to why I am here...because I paid $60 to browse these forums. Seems like the developers can hardly back up their changes to this game because they really don't know what to do with it anymore. This game sucks.
Reply Quote
I've put in about 10 hours in the last 2 weeks playing POE. Its not a bad game for what it is. I take the game as it is presented to me and I play it. When they had the open beta in July, it only took me 2 hours to realize I didn't like it, but now its not half bad. Besides, in the interest of full disclosure, I also picked up the D2 battlechest this w/e for 20 bucks.

Sleep? What's that?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
* no easy respeccing
* no floating dmg texts

I like how most of these things are what make PoE great, except the "horrible, Horrible loot!" which is not true and coming from a diablo 3 player is hilarious

People were spoiled so much with D3 easy mode now everytime they have to work for something they complain

(same thing for WoW and mmorpg players)
Edited by overcharged#1874 on 2/4/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Each to its own. Not everyone have different taste. What is positive for someone, might not be positive for another.

I've never tried PoE, as soon as I heard there's no centralized market system (auction house, trading house, whatever it's called), I no longer interested. For me, a centralized market system is a must if i wish to enjoy an MMORPG, because selling item by yelling in chat and negotiating is something i found tiresome. If i want to play a game without trading whatsoever, I might as well play great single player game like Skyrim or Fallout.

* no easy respeccing
* no floating dmg texts

A player feel that PoE bad for reason he mentioned, some other might instead feel those reason actually the positive. Each to its own, what I dont understand is, why so many people claimed already lost hope or totally disappointed in D3, still lurking in D3 forum ? You might say people that paid $60 to play a game you don't like as fanboi, I wonder, what should I call people that paid $60 to lurk on a forum ?

Edit : reread the whole thread, mistakenly thought OP as the same guy that i quoted.
Edited by Squeal#1221 on 2/4/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I laugh at people who say PoE has no complexity. My marauder is running a build that has replaced resource (aka fury) for life and has a huge amount of regen, % life and leech running a 2 hand mace with elemental damage. Also, there is no crit in my build, but my hits cant be evaded.
This is one of many, many builds that are totally viable end game and all classes have a ton of variety. Hands down blows D3 out of the water.
Too bad a AAA publisher didnt make a game like this and give us the whole package.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]