Diablo® III

Drill

(Locked)

I want to loot a drill so I can put a socket in weapons.
Community Manager
I know adding sockets to items is a game feature that a lot of players want, and I don’t want to sound dismissive to that feedback, but I was really was hoping that the reason you wanted to loot a drill was so you could theme your character after an angry dentist. Like a melee Wizard named DrNoNovacain. :P

In regards to adding sockets to items, I would like to say that it's still on the table for consideration and certainly something we'd like to add, but it would be a long term design goal if it were to be implemented at all.
I'm glad it's on the table, would love to have the mystic around :D
i'm glad you would like to say it. i would too :)

In regards to adding sockets to items, I would like to say that it's still on the table for consideration and certainly something we'd like to add, but it would be a long term design goal if it were to be implemented at all.

Do you know why the development team decided to ignore many of the great aspects from Diablo 2 (or so it seems) during development?

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun with Diablo 3, but it seems like they wanted to reinvent the wheel, when it was already able to roll.
Its going to devalue a ton of gear if implemented.
02/06/2013 12:17 AMPosted by CylentPsycho
This would absolute kill the economy. don't even joke about stuff like this -_-

Mmm, economy, or capability of adding sockets? Yeah !@#$ the economy.
+1 F the economy. I want to turn ordinary items into great ones.

and while we're at it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573699980?page=1
but it would be a long term design goal if it were to be implemented at all.

adding a socket, a long term design , really? I'm laughing at you dude, sorry but I can't hold myself anymore. How many years would it take to make this change? oh wait "years"? I wonder if you really take diablo gamers seriously or you really have fun with us.
02/05/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Grimiku
a long term design goal

aka "You want it? Go and buy the Expansion!"
I know adding sockets to items is a game feature that a lot of players want, and I don’t want to sound dismissive to that feedback, but I was really was hoping that the reason you wanted to loot a drill was so you could theme your character after an angry dentist. Like a melee Wizard named DrNoNovacain. :P

It's a basic itemization option in every major ARPG on the market. Why exactly is this a long term goal since it is a staple in most other titles in the same genre (including Diablo 2)?
but it would be a long term design goal if it were to be implemented at all.

LOL
we still on about an economy? XD
02/05/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Grimiku

Translation: "The marketing team, EHEM! The Dev team, needs to study its effects on the economy, and how it may effect Koticks bottom line, pardon me, effect players gameplay experience. If this is found to be profitable *cough* FAVORABLE then we may implement it around the time of the expansion. This will be totally available to people who choose not to get the expansion, but will simply cost them a "reasonable" fee, of course."

Oh when will they ever learn.

Bad joke is bad..... No wonder none of the good ideas on the forums are taken seriously.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]