Diablo® III

PVP damage reduction 35% for Melee Class

Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel

Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)

--------------------------------

Hope this is the end of 1 shot dueling match
Reply Quote
WOW. Are you serious? Holy crap. I need to read the patch notes now lol
Reply Quote
But all range classes get 30% too :(
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 07:56 PMPosted by vaansteer
But all range classes get 30% too :(

crap, i was about to smile but when i read that part. now we barbs seriously needs to concentrate on our damage outputs.

•Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards now receive a 30% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel
•Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel•Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)

=|
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/30/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
wait, its says barbs and monks get 35% extra while in the scorched chapel. I already have a base 30% so doesnt that mean i will have 65% now?
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/30/2013 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Still my rend pretty much pwns.
Reply Quote
Great question, Jook.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Jook
wait, its says barbs and monks get 35% extra while in the scorched chapel. I already have a base 30% so doesnt that mean i will have 65% now?

Nope. Just 35%.
Reply Quote
View profile
so i think we had a 5% buff, and they all got 30% buff
Reply Quote
I'm not so sure that is how it is working, I feel like I am taking in a noticeable amount of less dmg hence letting my regen work wonders. Since patch went live I feel stronger than ever
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 09:11 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
I'm not so sure that is how it is working, I feel like I am taking in a noticeable amount of less dmg hence letting my regen work wonders. Since patch went live I feel stronger than ever

since when did it went live? i noticed recently as well that my pve sword doesn't deal good rend damage anymore and it kinda s*ck especially against a high ehp barb so i decided to get a spear and haven't tested it yet so far.
Reply Quote
went live a couple hour ago, barb v barb is useless now LOL
Reply Quote

Nope. Just 35%.

01/30/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984
so i think we had a 5% buff, and they all got 30% buff

how can you be sure. It says Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel doesnt mean that our base 30% just goes away or does it? i really dont know. i thought it was just a 5% buff at first to but read a little closer it's not very clear. Has anyone done any tests?
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/30/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 09:21 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
went live a couple hour ago, barb v barb is useless now LOL

cool man, so my pve sword will even get more useless against barb, thanks for the info
Reply Quote
View profile
@Jook - you have a valid point actually, lets leave it to FriendlyFade for testing he is on now..
Reply Quote
damn so with the new patch upgrading existing rubies I put a radiant star ruby in my main hand wep and the dps shot up to 1718.1 DPS... my sheet dps went up by over 30K. HOTa crits were up over 2mil.... just sick.
Edited by Crypter#1856 on 1/30/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have not done official tests but my gut instinct from the duels I have done since it went live ( over 20 1v1s ) is that it stacked
Edited by FriendlyFade#1865 on 1/30/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 09:28 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
I have not done official tests but my gut instinct from the duels I have done since it went live ( over 20 1v1s ) is that it stacked

stacked meaning Jook is right? 65%?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Crypter
damn so with the new patch upgrading existing rubies I put a radiant star ruby in my main hand wep and the dps shot up to 1718.1 DPS... my sheet dps went up by over 30K. HOTa crits were up over 2mil.... just sick.

wtf man, that is sick can you try a marquise ruby???
Reply Quote
Nike I ran your gear in the calculator and you would get 17k dps increase with Marq Ruby.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]