Diablo® III

Monk Buffs

Who cares about Monk abilities doing more damage if spirit generation is still a joke.

I started playing a Barb recently and I was able to play 2 different (Non WW) specs; None of which used a single base fury generator (Cleave, Bash, Frenzy), only ground stomp and ancient spear on the other spec. With said specs and average gear I was able to clear Inferno mp4 with no difficulty what so ever; And what's funnier is that I can sit at full fury without using either of those cooldowns 85% of the time.

How is this even remotely balanced compared the !@#$ty Monk? That a Barb can SPAM FURY SPENDERS AND GAIN FURY OVER TIME where a Monk at full spirit drains in ~2 abilities and it takes forever to refill?

Also what the hell is going on with the passives? Why does ONLY ONE OF FOURTEEN passive skills actually boost damage?
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 1/30/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
i know im pretty sad about this as well monks need a HUGE REWORK on there passives. right now its just sad how bad they are
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ah yes, they buff the damage of a random skill like Cyclone Strike yet it still takes 1/3rd of our resources to be sure it remains completely nonviable. Meanwhile a barb does 10x as much damage by eating nachos and passing gas without even needing to look at the right half of their screen.
Reply Quote
Agreed, we don't need skill dmg buffs (though I appreciate it), we need some overhaul on our Passives.

Add another passive also since Monks have the least number of passives. Maybe a passive that'll make Daibos viable. Daibos are the most useless weapon in game next to whites and blues. >_>
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Averagetank
Ah yes, they buff the damage of a random skill like Cyclone Strike yet it still takes 1/3rd of our resources to be sure it remains completely nonviable. Meanwhile a barb does 10x as much damage by eating nachos and passing gas without even needing to look at the right half of their screen.

I actually use this in my current grinding spec just becasue I hate chasing after !@#$. It would be nice if they left the damage unchanged or made it 0 and made it more like a spirit gen cooldown like ground stomp.
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 1/31/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Monk passives are definitely a joke.

They should have resource regeneration available on more slots or let a gem have that duty. Bring back skulls please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]