Diablo® III

Further clarification on 35%pvp reduction for melee needed

Hmm so what you are saying is that ranged classes can withstand 30% better than before and melee classes only 5%? So now ranged classes can go full on glasscannon against melee classes, and you think this will stop the oneshot dueling? Are your heads that far up your....
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:13 AMPosted by DeAdLiNe
Hmm so what you are saying is that ranged classes can withstand 30% better than before and melee classes only 5%? So now ranged classes can go full on glasscannon against melee classes, and you think this will stop the oneshot dueling? Are your heads that far up your....

it will stop melee oneshot range

and range will oneshot melee even faster LOL

the changes of this patch for pvp is just hilarious,brainless

melee chars should have 50% dmg reduction IMO and also the survival and defense skills for wiz are definitely needed to buff
Edited by HakureiReimu#1721 on 1/31/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Requesting premium tank to barbs. MC-1 or something like Renault.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

That a little more clear?

My charater get nearly 97% reduction( barb,150k armor, and 900 resist). And a monk with 180k DPS can easily cast 80k damages on my charater by one shot "Wave of Light". OMG, 80k damages on a 97%reduction charater! Any monk can easily cast another two shot like this in one second! In this cast, even if a barb or monk get 220k or more HP,he have no chance to survive! And you guys will seriously believe it is balance? With 5% additional reduction can change nothing!
Reply Quote
Brainless Change rly..
Did blizz ever See a good barb Play Offensive in pvp ? i don't we forced to Play defensive and now a dh or wd can Be a better Tank .
As a barb u Need the fury reg passiv and -9 to wepon throw eqip, without that evry barb is crap in pvp.
I don't know how u Test the classes. did u give barbs Berserker and mages archon and when they Win u say uhhh thats op lets nerf?
Since u buffed the Def. from distance. Buff the melee Damage by 30%

And btw i have never seen a unkillable barb or Monk right now . And i played over 20h pvp on PTR
Edited by B1Gbull#2338 on 1/31/2013 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
let's make it 100%
Reply Quote
Dont think it would fix anything, but at least is some sort of reaction by blizzard.
a better approached may have been buffed the barbs and monks range skills or distance shortening skills such as dashing strike buff its range it cant even cross the river nor teleport through any small obstacle in the arena.

May be have mantra of retribution work for something could work as a dps check up for dh.

Also stacking hige amounts of armor 13k, 1000 all res, a storm shield and 3k -4k life regen which i did dueled and is basically unkillable
Reply Quote
Guess you haven't played with or against a good geared melee class.
Even with decent dps, they are almost impossible to kill in PVP
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:37 AMPosted by Aradel
I have a question: why 5%? maybe 2,356%? or 4,324%? Its a bad joke... just like a slap in the face of melee fighters.

this, exactly what i am thinking
Reply Quote
So, how many this good geared melee class players in game? And how many pewpew oneshotters dh? Thats why 5% is a facepalm. On PTR is concentrated good players, barbs in pvp gear and u !@#$in cheaters range in pve gear...
Reply Quote
Go pvp i think i mess u face down now.
Reply Quote
The forums are in need of a 99% reduction in QQ
Reply Quote
View profile
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

That a little more clear?
So the patch notes are incorrect. They don't receive an additional 35% dmg reduction, as stated. They receive 5%. WTF was the point in adding 5% dmg reduction? Classes are being 1 shot and you reduce dmg by 5%, are you out of your minds?

Melee classes are already having a tough time dealing with ranged classes, (DH,WD) and now you are further broadening the gap by making ranged class's have equal dmg reduction in pvp.
How is this a solution to balance anything?
Edited by ImmortalKing#1296 on 1/31/2013 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
BARBS NEED A NERF NOT A BUFF!!! have yall even played this game??
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Toad
BARBS NEED A NERF NOT A BUFF!!! have yall even played this game??

Lots of them only play the forum.
Reply Quote
Sorry! I was wrong (even though the way the original statement read I was 'right')

Thanks for the clarification on the matter.

I'm so embarrassed
Reply Quote
i think damage reduce should be 0% for all classes...crying about 1 shot? sure u never played vs an auradin.
Reply Quote
View profile
I believe that it is in the games best interest to make all damage reduction just 0% and let the game go on as intended... I hate this giving one class more or less than others... it's ridiculous... this coming from a barb, but we have stuns and charges and leaps out the butt. All classes have their ways of closing the gap... so I'm not concerned with this. On the other hand, if you'd like to "diminish" all damage by 50% for the sake of fun to draw duels out a bit I'm all for that. But stop trying to balance... you can't do it, and it only hurts the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]