Diablo® III

Further clarification on 35%pvp reduction for melee needed

bump
Edited by Invictus#6348 on 1/31/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lets up monks in next test patch, by increasin all his dmg by 39999999%?
Reply Quote
bump
Edited by Invictus#6348 on 1/31/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
All classes should be buffed differently. By spliting all melee into a certain group and all ranged into a certain group you leave room for builds to slip through the cracks.

This game will never get balanced until they attach defensive modifiers to the actual abilities players select.

For example, throw barbs get a defensive nerf while melee wizards get a defensive buff.

Having a blanket % damage reduction isn't the answer. This is a per build/ per ability balance not per class.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Yes it is. Thank you for clearing that up.

Cool. :) I'll make the change once I'm back in the office.

Were you out partying baby girl? Posting so late, hit me up if you need some face kisses. I got a dope demon hunter ill slay demons for you. Call me maybe?
Reply Quote
PVP is a quick wham bam thank you ma'am

Little room for skill or even a false sense of skill.
Edited by Katsukaze#1646 on 1/31/2013 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
can you tell me how can a wizard now win against a barb with perma stun (tw) + shield + dmg red ? O.o
Reply Quote
What a Jook...just looking for a reason to b1tch! Everyone else understood the patch notes...this isn't a legal document, its the patch notes for a game.

OP - use some common sense bro, obviously barbs and monks are not getting a 65% damage reduction! I think you just have a great desire to have your little voice be heard.
Reply Quote
How can you still complain about it being unclear? If someone says "I'm 8 years old, but in a month I'll be 9", do you assume they will turn 17?
Reply Quote
If this makes it to live ill be taking a long break. Just saying..

After all this is the reason i kept playing this game all this time, it was for pvp.
Edited by WreckageD#1549 on 1/31/2013 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hidden damage reductions are dumb.
Reply Quote
Additional means less then 5%... think about it. say you had 50% reduction from armor and resistance and enemy did 100k damage this is how it will work out...
100k-50%=50k-50%=25k-30%=35k-5%=33.25%
VS
100k-50%=50k-50%=25k-35%=32.5%
As you see 35% would reduce damage more then 30%+5%.
Barbs should get 30%+20% to be more balanced. As they do not have dodge like monk or a dashing strike with no cool down.
Edited by Why#1611 on 1/31/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Aradel
So, how many this good geared melee class players in game? And how many pewpew oneshotters dh? Thats why 5% is a facepalm. On PTR is concentrated good players, barbs in pvp gear and u !@#$in cheaters range in pve gear...

Have you looked at the best barb pvpers play? They all have a ton of ehp/life regen + dmg mitigation, with many defensive skills. They all have good manuveur so sometimes they get to hit the other guy first with a throw or rend. It's not often they get hit first, except vs a WD hehe

So in that sense the difference between melee and range aren't so clear in pvp...
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

I can reword the patch note to something like:

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

That a little more clear?

It's a LITTLE more clear, yes, but will still confuse most people. You have to be really, really simplistic for the D3 fans to get it. Something like "The Barbarian's total damage reduction in PVP is now 35% (up from 30%)"
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Paz

Totally understandable question. Barbarians and Monks are only receiving an additional 5% reduction while in the Scorched Chapel (on top of the 30% reduction they already have), for a total of 35%.

• Barbarians and Monks now receive an additional 5% damage reduction (in addition to the 30% they already receive, for a total of 35%) while in the Scorched Chapel

It's a LITTLE more clear, yes, but will still confuse most people. You have to be really, really simplistic for the D3 fans to get it. Something like "The Barbarian's total damage reduction in PVP is now 35% (up from 30%)"

Lmao what are you sayin' bro. D3 forums are full of PhD graduates.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Can a blue kindly explain that if this overwrites my base 30% and i only receive 5% more or does it mean than i retain my 30% while entering the scorched chapel and receive 35% more while in there.

Needs to be WD/DH/Wizards get 20% Damage Reduction

Monks/Barbs get 35% Damage Reduction

Problem Solved.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 04:15 PMPosted by FeRMi
Lmao what are you sayin' bro. D3 forums are full of PhD graduates.

I'm close, only about 1 year left!
Reply Quote
I have a question: why 5%? maybe 2,356%? or 4,324%? Its a bad joke... just like a slap in the face of melee fighters.

BOOM...i was waiting for it.

01/31/2013 05:18 AMPosted by WreckageD
Going have to agree with the above only 5% more DR for the melee fighters just dose not seem right.

Meh...lets try it first. Evidence and experience is a little bit better than Theorycrafting...
Reply Quote
Well if you want to be technical, the 5% DR addition to Barbs and Monks is really ~7.14% (or exactly 1/14th) more than the previous amount.
Reply Quote
yes, we have all seen some of the best Barb PvPers play. that does not mean every barb or melee player has, or ever will achieve 150-200k hp along with 98% damage reduction and 50-100k dps. people assume just because the top 0.1% of players have found a way to do something, nothing needs to be adjusted. so do the 99.9% of players who have not achieved near immortality in PvP simply have to invest more time or money until they can afford billions of gold worth gear, just to have a chance to PvP in a semi-balanced way, with other players who spent nothing or maybe 1/20th of that?

this reasoning is plain wrong. you do not make adjustments/or avoid adjustments based on the smallest minority of players and the most extreme exceptions, you firstly focus on what is best for all. then, if you find that a select few experience problems, you fix things for them.

the constant remark made by people unwilling to admit more drastic changes are needed, are that "barbarians can have great defense and hardly die". Well, not everyone has a Barbarian, or a Barbarian geared for 5million EHP. This game is Barb focused as is, and limiting the potential of PvP based on assumptions made by people who only focus on subjective observations of the Barbarians greatest potential is dumb to say the least.

ALL PVP should be balanced, not to be perfect and fair for every class and situation imaginable, but just enough for everyone to have at least a small chance at having duels which last a while and are fun. So what if some barbarians stack tons of defense and hp and take 20 times longer to kill than every other class. The rest of the classes kill each other in 5 seconds or less. If it is the case that Barbarians are the only class that has "too much" defense, then clearly the adjustment that needs to be made is to limit their defensive capabilities slightly, so they are more on par with the other classes. Since nerfing only one class is generally considered unfair, then you simply have to look at the defensive stats, and EHP related stats in the game, and figure out why Barbarians can achieve such high amounts in comparison to other classes. Then you put diminishing returns on those stats in PvP or a cap on them, to prevent these so called immortal Barbs, while reducing damage for all, so duels can last a little while and be fun, regardless of class, build, situation. there will still be plenty of variation, but far fewer imbalanced, unfun, and stupid situations that make dueling feel like it is not worth even trying for more than a couple hours.

Barbarians are the outliers in defense because of armor. No other class can effectively achieve close to those armor amounts and still be effective in most PvP situations. Combined with defensive gear tailored to Barbs, and effective PvP skills one can still use while in a defensive barbarian build, combined with the lack of damage mitigation potential of other classes, high EHP Barbs create this dilemma.

Additionally, a lot of players can stack +life%, which is the primary stat for creating a character with extremely high EHP. Personally, I feel Barbarians deserve to have the best armor, and nerfing +life% as a stat for all classes, will help resolve many issues related to "players who cannot die". The barbarian skill (inspriing presence) heals 2% of TOTAL HEALTH. This is a major reason why many defensive barbs cannot be killed, because they have well over 150k hp due to no diminishing returns on +life% bonus, and obviously 2% of such a health pool is a ton of passive healing on top of whatever else they have from gear(could be another 2-4k).

I am not saying nerf Barbs, but nerf the overpowered EHP stats for all classes so PvP damage can also be balanced the right way.

I've seen many references to the player "Moldran", and after watching some of his duels, recognize he is a very well geared and skilled player. Most would say a barb of his caliber is what an ideal PvP barbarian should be at this stage in PvP - High EHP, good enough dps, good sustain, and versatile. Yet his duels mainly consist of running and hiding 90% of the time until an opportunity arises to land a weapon throw stun chain, to outright kill his opponent or to aid in landing a rend after sprinting or using leap to close distance and stun. once a few weapon throws and a rend is landed, generally the other player dies. Generally his dps is barely at 100k, yet he can still easily kill most players using one rend and a couple weapon throws. HOW IS THIS GOOD DUELING? land 3 hits in 2 seconds and done... I also recently saw a duel of a 300k dps wizard almost 2 shotting him even though he has great defense as a Barbarian. HOW IS THAT BALANCED AT ALL? right now, players with high ranked dps can easily kill even the most defensive players, and someone with mediocre dps can easily 2-3 shot the majority of players.

then of course there is haunt and wave of light/7SS/ex palm, storm armor, impale etc. which kill just as stupidly fast as rend.

There really is no good justification for not reducing PvP damage buy a far greater amount, just because some people feel barbarians would be too good defensively. Nerf +life%, and a lot of problems will go away, then nerf PvP damage by another 30-50%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]