Diablo® III

Thx for fixing non stopping friend invitation bots :D

View profile
Only had 1 or 2 spams req's in the past 2 weeks. Used to get at least 5/week. Thanks!
Reply Quote
If I log out for any excess beyond two days, then I return to at least 10 spam requests from gold pushers...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
And here I thought I finally blocked them all..
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:34 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
We're glad that many of you have noticed reduced friend invitation spam since we made some [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591982115"]recent adjustments[/url]. Just remember that if you happen to receive a friend invitation that's spam, please continue to use the "Report Spam" option as normal so that our support staff can review the complaint.
Why do you continue to hide from the community? Half of the forum threads are about duping complaints, yet you choose to ignore them and reply to threads that don't warrant any responses...

I don't think your higher ups realize how bad this is making your company look by choosing to ignore this.

What this guy said!!! Thanks for commenting on an issue which is annoying yet doesn't affect game play at all, while there are rampant issues that need to be addressed that you delete posts about.
Reply Quote
Why do the CMs keep deleting the duping threads? There was one that was just deleted that had links to duped items on various player profiles, many with duplicate +6 affixes - which would be near impossible.
Reply Quote
I absolutely don't understand how you can't program around this. Look:

If 10 people report the same message as spam (they are identical you know) and from the same person, then run a script that deletes all the identical messages that were sent from that account, and disables the account.

There is no reason that all 10,000 of us have to "Report SPAM". I would not mind to push the button once in a while. As it is, I have to push it 5 to 10 times a day STILL. But if 10 of us push the button on the same text from the same account, it's not at all possible to abuse. It's totally safe. Nobody has any reason to send the same message to 10 or more people as friend requests.

Simple solution above - spamming is about mass quantities. If you write a SQL script (or whatever floats your server boat) that makes it tiny quantities, it will become pointless and stop on its own. Even if they create new accounts every second, within a few more seconds 10 people will push the spam button and the account (and all its stupid messages) instantly gets destroyed.
Reply Quote
yes it has gone down dramatically from about 10 a day to 1 a day which one or two i can live with
Reply Quote
Now Blizzard needs to focus on the chat room spammers. They even invaded the PTR and are selling gold there too!
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Shadovex
too little way too late

No I think it is, enough but a little late.
Reply Quote
View profile
mad props. i've had zero spam invites since whatever changes happened.
Reply Quote
None here in some time, although in the HC chat that the one with the HUGE american franchise name (wink wink) has spammed a bit, but thats the only one.
Reply Quote
View profile
I noticed as well, and I almost didn't because it's been so calm recently , getting on the invites you really want. Great job B.
Reply Quote
I'm still getting 3 or 4 a day
Reply Quote
Didn't notice a difference. I've always gotten a few a week, and it seems about the same still.
Reply Quote
You know, I didn't even notice that I hadn't gotten spam friend requests until I saw this thread. Used to get them all the time. Thanks, guys! Keep up the great work. D3 is fantastic and I'm having a blast. Keeps getting better and better!
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We're glad that many of you have noticed reduced friend invitation spam since we made some [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591982115"]recent adjustments[/url]. Just remember that if you happen to receive a friend invitation that's spam, please continue to use the "Report Spam" option as normal so that our support staff can review the complaint.

Every time I see a blue post its just to receive compliments. More blue posts for constructive criticisms, please.
Reply Quote
What fix? Still getting 3-5 a day here.
Get to it.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:34 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
Why do you continue to hide from the community? Half of the forum threads are about duping complaints, yet you choose to ignore them and reply to threads that don't warrant any responses...

I don't think your higher ups realize how bad this is making your company look by choosing to ignore this.

yes.

+1

Blizzards name will be tarnished and has been... unless - they don't even care about that ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]