Diablo® III

Thx for fixing non stopping friend invitation bots :D

01/31/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Fyle
Why do you continue to hide from the community? Half of the forum threads are about duping complaints, yet you choose to ignore them and reply to threads that don't warrant any responses...

I don't think your higher ups realize how bad this is making your company look by choosing to ignore this.

yes.

+1

Blizzards name will be tarnished and has been... unless - they don't even care about that ?

I see issue with this sort of mentality. Blizzard obviously is aware of the situation, so to be honest, the duping threads are unnecessary. All people are doing is showing others that allegedly, duping is actually occurring so perhaps others will try and find out how or do it themselves. It is like those who post url's of streams where someone is botting; it just promotes it.

The problem I see is that we cannot see what is happening on Blizzards end. So the notion that it is just "being ignored" comes off as quite extreme and potentially mistaken. When it comes to exploits and these sort of things, Blizzard tends to keep hush until they either have a means of preventing it, a means of stopping, and/or ready to start taking action. \

The post about them are only legitimizing and promoting the use, that is all.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We're glad that many of you have noticed reduced friend invitation spam since we made some [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591982115"]recent adjustments[/url]. Just remember that if you happen to receive a friend invitation that's spam, please continue to use the "Report Spam" option as normal so that our support staff can review the complaint.

you kidding me? i still get like 4 a day. nothings changed

nothing will.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We're glad that many of you have noticed reduced friend invitation spam since we made some [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591982115"]recent adjustments[/url]. Just remember that if you happen to receive a friend invitation that's spam, please continue to use the "Report Spam" option as normal so that our support staff can review the complaint.

Indeed..
I use the report spam button every time I see advert yes. I've noticed the spam has gone down significantly so thank you very much. Keep doing what you're doing here.
I would like to offer a suggestion though, You could disallow URLs in the friend note text box or where ever they put that in.
Reply Quote
Im glad im not recieving anymore.

thanks.:)
Reply Quote
and the AH is still bugged beyond all control
Reply Quote
Down from 4-6 /day to 1, I have noticed there was none for about a week and now I'm starting to get 1-2 / day again. I will continue to report but it seems you fix it and then they figure out how to get around the fix. I appreciate the effort nonetheless.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Pax

Every time I see a blue post its just to receive compliments. More blue posts for constructive criticisms, please.

So true +1
Reply Quote
I didn't know that you rolled out a fix for that. I thought it was weird that one day they all of a sudden stopped showing up for me to click spam... THANKS!!!!
Reply Quote
Damn. Bunch of !@#$in' haters in here....
Reply Quote
Still get just as many as i always did. Reporting as spam has never done anything. Sounds like you guys are taking credit for some random cases where a few people are getting less spam. I'll believe this as soon as I start getting fewer requests.
Reply Quote
It got less, but that one and only that I am reporting since months, still spams me 1-2 times per day. "bobao bobao" from diablo3walmart.c0m
Reply Quote
Yea, I hate to rain on your parade, but I also get 3-5 a day, usually from the same person (which clearly indicates that the "Report spam" option doesn't do jack.

EDIT: got the same guys again: "ggwansuiol". Ive reported this name upwards of 30 times and he still comes back for more. I've even reported it as harassment and that didn't do dickall either.
Edited by Oblic#1862 on 2/2/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have got less after the fix, but now I get as many as before. :(
Why the Communication Block doesn't work?
Reply Quote
Yea, I hate to rain on your parade, but I also get 3-5 a day, usually from the same person (which clearly indicates that the "Report spam" option doesn't do jack.

EDIT: got the same guys again: "ggwansuiol". Ive reported this name upwards of 30 times and he still comes back for more. I've even reported it as harassment and that didn't do dickall either.

I totally agree here...The so called fix has done nothing to slow down the spamming...I'm still getting 10 - 20 invites a day including from the above. Continually report / block and still no use... BLIZZ Fix this UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Thx. Before the adjustment I received spam friend request every day.After the recent adjustments I now receive the spam about 2-3 times per week. I 'll continue to report spam in the game.
Edited by footballfans#1423 on 2/3/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 07:58 AMPosted by OwnerBoner

Every time I see a blue post its just to receive compliments. More blue posts for constructive criticisms, please.

So true +1

+2

It's hilarious that Vaeflare's chimed in to a thread simply to accept a thank you for something that he probably had nothing to with and that is not even fixed via we still need to report spam according to him.
Reply Quote
I still get like 10 a day.
Reply Quote
The people that get friend invite spam are the ones that purchased gold from other websites....isn't that breaking the rules? To the people whining all your doing is merely incriminating yourselves.Blizzard are good friends with the gold sellers, they know what you have been up to. I'd stay quiet and enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
ive only had like a dozen to 18 spam requests since day 1.. lol after i got rid of them all then not a single one..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]