Diablo® III

Real-Life Monk Jobs After Diablo

Ok, so Diablo is dead, the monster hoarde is wiped out. Your Monk retires from being a hero in Sanctuary. What do they do now?

Personally, I think my Monk looks severe enough to open a hardware store with her lover, the Enchantress. And yes, I play the female Monk.

What does your Monk do in lieu of retirement?
Reply Quote
Clearly becomes a traveling minstrel.
Reply Quote
obviously monks would be Ronin, samurai without masters, assassins for hire
Reply Quote
Play the AH and be a businessman?
Edited by Shade#6905 on 1/31/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Monks would retire into a Tibetan monastery and adopt the monastic life. Farm their own food, hone their spiritual selves. And ready themselves for the next battle.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Nameless
Monks would retire into a Tibetan monastery and adopt the monastic life. Farm their own food, hone their spiritual selves. And ready themselves for the next battle.

Translation:

Drink. A lot
Reply Quote
Fisty McBeard goes to clown college and then sets out to join the circus. He wants to bring joy to others and make them laugh for a change. Everything goes great until he discovers that clowns are required to shave their beards. He refuses, gets into an argument with management, and is ultimately fired.

Saddened from being unable to pursue his dreams, Fisty puts on about 50 pounds and can currently be seen on the couch of his trailer, watching TV with a pint of Ben and Jerry's on his lap. It's still very easy to draw him into conversations about "the good old days" when the demons invaded, or conversations about "those fascists at the circus".
Reply Quote
View profile
Walk door to door and sell flowers and neck beads...
Reply Quote
dye my hair back to black and become what i truly am

a demon hunter ^^)
Reply Quote
!@#$.

You can't say !@#$?

Fine...Adult entertainment.
Edited by Narcolepsy#1563 on 1/31/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Lestat
Personally, I think my Monk looks severe enough to open a hardware store with her lover, the Enchantress. And yes, I play the female Monk.

O_O! mmm .. lol so HOT! we’re role playing right? = )

My monk will strive for enlightenment through mediation, being one with nature and forgo the temptations and sins of life.
In her final days she’ll sit on top of a lily pad and becomes pure light and float to the kingdom of Ytar.
She’ll be known as “Thien Jing Bao” <- don’t know the correct spelling but I wanted to say “angle/god of the steam bun”
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 1/31/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Fisty puts on about 50 pounds

*hands you a beer* this will help.
Reply Quote
The world will always need saving. A hero's job is never done. I imagine he will simply depart from Sanctuary and head off to the next place he is needed.
Reply Quote
There is no retirement. Diablo is not dead. My Monk saw that Soulstone fall back to Sanctuary after Diablo was defeated and now hunts tirelessly for it to put a stop to whatever evil plot is brewing before it can come to fruition. Given that this latest attempt took 10 years to ferment, she figures she has about 20 years before Diablo 4 can hatch and that is plenty of time to hone her skills and nip it in the bud.
Reply Quote

Translation:

Drink. A lot

LOL!! +1 The running joke in this household:

Monk-ette: Need more speerit.
Hubby: Get the girl some vodka, tovarisch!

ETA:
In retirement, White Lotus becomes wealthy from selling the patents for beaded necklaces and blue garter stockings.
Edited by Joysze#1528 on 1/31/2013 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
obviously start a brewery like the Belgian monks do... no other option the way i see it.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have no creativity...
Reply Quote
Professional knitter that knits large blankets for homeless Angels and Demons.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:08 PMPosted by KamelJabber
I have no creativity...

+1

Looks good to me.
Reply Quote
My monk would return to his mild mannered job as an accountant..... until Diablo resurrects himself again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]