Diablo® III

Looks like Blizzard is changing set bonuses

Blizzard needs to make a statement on what is going on with these bonuses.

As far as nerfing existing items I doubt they would do it - That would smash what little of a playerbase they have left.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Darmival
As far as nerfing existing items I doubt they would do it - That would smash what little of a playerbase they have left.

I think changing existing items is perfectly fine. ONLY if its really needed. Lets look at the IAS nerf that happened to existing items some chars lost 20k or 30k dps from it and had to regear. It says when you buy a item from the AH stats and gear may change in value over time. I think they set there hand up pretty good to make a change like this if they want to.

I really hope they do get rid of 2pc nats to many ppl wear it only for the 7%cc. should be a different stat and more build diversity.
Reply Quote
I really hope they do get rid of 2pc nats to many ppl wear it only for the 7%cc. should be a different stat and more build diversity.
Sure, the barb with a passive that gives 10% crit comes to bash on people who had to pay hundres of millions to get 7% crit.

gg
Reply Quote

i think they should change the 7% cc and 130 dex round so people that aren't demon hunters don't start relying on it.
Reply Quote
I'll have to get a friggin nats' ring now.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Deus
Sure, the barb with a passive that gives 10% crit comes to bash on people who had to pay hundres of millions to get 7% crit.

It happens. They would be changing IK 3pc too wonder what that would be. Its good to change things up and this game shouldn't be Critaiblo.
Reply Quote
@abomb247 than why have you got weapons master double standards much

and by changing 3rd pc ik set is probably gonna be another barb buff
Edited by baggins#6187 on 2/2/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:22 PMPosted by baggins
@abomb247 than why have you got weapons master double standards much

I really don't understand double standards. If they nerfed the skill then just select another one that's more valuable I would be ok with that if it leads to build diversity.

We also aren't talking about passives. We are talking about how Nat's isn't supposed to be used by so many classes for a 7% cc bonus on only a 2pc. If it were a 3pc maybe ok. You have so many players building around having that in a 2pc is pretty bad so now its mandatory in a build selection. Where is the gear diversity? I welcome changes that brings more builds and different play types and gear.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:22 PMPosted by baggins
and by changing 3rd pc ik set is probably gonna be another barb buff

P.S it should be a buff. Maybe 7% elite damage reduce that be nice for PvP. Hate barbs much ?
Reply Quote
little bit
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:03 PMPosted by baggins
little bit

No need to hate lets all hug hold hands and hope they nerf CC bonus.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Sephiroth
Maybe this game shouldn't be about building around 7% crit on a 2 PC. Its kinda over powered.

Says the WW Barb.You'd be singing a different tune if they were considering nerfing one of your key stats.

I can get 6% crit from just the ring alone so who cares about 7% crit with 2 pieces. There's several other good boots, including ice climbers that can give you the highest primary stat of any boots. Oh and ruthless should be nerfed by dropping the 5% cc and wep masters nerfed to 7% cc. Barbs already get way more cc than other classes(except dh ss) by skills.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Ace
I can get 6% crit from just the ring alone so who cares about 7% crit with 2 pieces.
Because that is ON TOP of the crit on the ring?
Reply Quote
I didn't notice if anyone posted/read this link but just in case:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794982714

I don't understand why the game guide have so much mistakes when fixing the game guide will not take them longer than fixing the game. I guess the latter is the priority but surely there must be 1 guy who can works on it a bit every day to make it correct.

If these changes are real, then the game is getting worse as items are getting weaker instead of more powerful. If MP10 is no challenge to some, I suggest they have up to MP15 or more.

More over, Blizzard said major changes like this will be posted early before a patch is released, just like the Black weapon changes that is coming. I hope they will clarify this.
Reply Quote
Ok, my CC just went from 51 to 44 percent. However, my DPS number has not dropped. Probually bugged.
Reply Quote
Ok, my CC just went from 51 to 44 percent. However, my DPS number has not dropped. Probually bugged.
That's just because the DPS is a snapshot taken when you log off, it is not calculated by the site, unlike the bonuses on your gear.
Edited by Deus#2622 on 2/2/2013 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
the ias is missing from Hallowed Defenders, and no one has ever complained about those needing changes (since no one but me uses them) so yeah, bug seems most likely.
Reply Quote
blizzard needs to make more item sets... D2 you could be wearing a level 12 item set item till level 50 or better :)
Reply Quote
Sweet. May finally pick up an Inna's chest or belt if the 3pc is decent.

Also, my wiz swaps between a tal helm/stormcrow and a tal belt/ehp belt. INterested to see the new 2pc bonus as i use no fire skills.
Edited by Moxx#1356 on 2/2/2013 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Mech
blizzard needs to make more item sets... D2 you could be wearing a level 12 item set item till level 50 or better :)

Only if you were bad... those people who wore Sigons in NM and Hell Baals were bad, bad players lol.. that set is trash. Angelics tho, I could see a melee'er wearing 2x angelics rings and amulet in the end game, just cuz of the massive AR boost
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]