Diablo® III

Want to know what the fix is for this game?

Ladder system like d2.

Simple how it works...

Ladder starts
All current toons get moved to non-ladder
Ladder has GAH, but not RMAH (RMAH in non-ladder only)
Ladder and non-ladder has separate PvP
Ladder season ends
Ladder toons get moved to non-ladder
Rinse and repeat

You want to remove the Pay2Win aspect from this game, that is how you do it.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say ladder, but separate servers for you to join.

Like how WoW had different servers to play on, if Blizz opened a new server every year that would be cool.

The difference of this and ladder, is that there is still a playable and uneraseable area to play. Who wants to spend $$ and see it erase?

It doesn't erase, just gets moved to the non-ladder side of the server.
Reply Quote
Look at it this way....

We are currently in a non-ladder mode...permanently.
Reply Quote
Play the game ffs. You aren't competing with other players. Have fun and quit worrying about your epeen. If you want to flex your epeen then go play some LoL.
Reply Quote
D3 ladders are such a terrible, terrible idea. I wish this thought could be eradicated from the minds of those that think it.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:15 PMPosted by superfiend
D3 ladders are such a terrible, terrible idea. I wish this thought could be eradicated from the minds of those that think it.

Why is it a terrible idea? It would be a refresh.

If you have never played a ladder reset in d2, you wouldn't understand.

02/01/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Garthandal
The only way this could work is no AH and even then it wouldn't work becausse ppl could still use other sites. You do know they sell gold on the RMAH right? Hard Core ladder would be the only possible way.

I guess you don't understand...

The current state of the game would be considered non-ladder...

With ladder, all players who wanted to play on ladder, would have to make new toons. The Ladder would not have a RMAH, only GAH. RMAH would stay on non-ladder.

With PvP coming out, there are lots of people frustrated with the pay2win model. If they had a ladder system, PvP wouldn't be pay2win, it would be play 2 win which is what people want.

I know that 3rd party sites would still sell "ladder gold" but when you involve a 3rd party site only and blizzard not allowing the RMAH on ladder, you limit the amount of people willing to go to a 3rd party site and thus you have less people spending money meaning pay2win is a minimum.

I will never play PvP in this game because I don't want to feel the frustration of losing to someone that used their credit card...
Reply Quote
I would say scrap it completely. Stop paying people to work on development. Just chalk it up as a failure that was used for stealing people hard earned money and valuable time.

Then have blizzard hire the guys that know what they are doing to create diablo 4, and release THAT in all its glory in a few years.

A few years... I lol'd.
Reply Quote
Why is it a terrible idea? It would be a refresh?

It's moronic. The final state of the game is the final state of the game -- massive inflation, a crap ton of over priced uber items, 1000 crap tons of under priced garbage that'll never sell, and nuts at the top that will stop at nothing to be there (including pay-to-win that you're against).

To arbitrarily reset the game because there is no compelling end-game after several months just so the cycle can repeat itself is a terrible solution.

All that'll happen if they implement ladders is players will roll new characters thinking they'll be at the top, real life will catch up or enthusiasm will peter out, and then almost everyone will end up right where they are now -- a mid tier character with no reason to play until the next reset.

Seriously -- you want the most exciting thing about Diablo to be anticipating the next ladder reset so you might have a chance to be on top of some silly race to hit 60 and do loldps?
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:39 AMPosted by superfiend
Why is it a terrible idea? It would be a refresh?

It's moronic. The final state of the game is the final state of the game -- massive inflation, a crap ton of over priced uber items, 1000 crap tons of under priced garbage that'll never sell, and nuts at the top that will stop at nothing to be there (including pay-to-win that you're against).

To arbitrarily reset the game because there is no compelling end-game after several months just so the cycle can repeat itself is a terrible solution.

All that'll happen if they implement ladders is players will roll new characters thinking they'll be at the top, real life will catch up or enthusiasm will peter out, and then almost everyone will end up right where they are now -- a mid tier character with no reason to play until the next reset.

Seriously -- you want the most exciting thing about Diablo to be anticipating the next ladder reset so you might have a chance to be on top of some silly race to hit 60 and do loldps?

Perfectly stated.

I top of ladder!!! Me peen huge!!! Bask in peen shade!!! Me awesome!!!
Reply Quote
Ladder system like d2.

Simple how it works...

Ladder starts
All current toons get moved to non-ladder
Ladder has GAH, but not RMAH (RMAH in non-ladder only)
Ladder and non-ladder has separate PvP
Ladder season ends
Ladder toons get moved to non-ladder
Rinse and repeat

You want to remove the Pay2Win aspect from this game, that is how you do it.

this wont stop the game from being boring after so many loot runs
even the hardcore dedicated players are starting to find the loot runs boring and they do less of them in a week than they use to

this game simply has no replayability compared to other games of the genre
Reply Quote

this wont stop the game from being boring after so many loot runs
even the hardcore dedicated players are starting to find the loot runs boring and they do less of them in a week than they use to

this game simply has no replayability compared to other games of the genre

Agreed.. would have to start anew with reworked systems that aren't redundant/useless/non-existent/disorganized.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]