Diablo® III

How much gold do I need to make a CM Wiz?

We are forced to choose. If you can get a rare amulet with near 100% CD you can use an IAS chants wand and a CC/CD/LoH amulet and still meet your needs.

The highest dps is trying to pull off something like mine, where you use near max IAS everywhere and a max 1.65 socket chants. Much much harder and expensive to do. Tends to result in slightly more DPS in the end however (if you can get IAS as well as CD on your amulet).

Generally the wiz consensus if your on a budget is to run an IAS wand. That way you can skip lacuni completely. Makes meeting the CC/AR/Armour requirements so much easier. The only thing you give up is DPS.

Extremely fast wormhole SNS farming of MP7 can be done at like 150k dps though. I dont see any reason why 1-1.2b couldn't get you to that point with ease.
Reply Quote
IAS Wand + Storm Crow. And then you can use a high DPS high EHP Chant Source. The result is excellent, and amazingly cheap. I used it for a very long time before I could afford a Mempo or lacuni.
Reply Quote
Ring was a 8h BO Ask Hurt he bought it for me when I was broke and i paid him back. Yeah ammy was a snipe but no stats ud be shocked how cheap trifectas are.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:44 AMPosted by novice
IAS Wand + Storm Crow. And then you can use a high DPS high EHP Chant Source. The result is excellent, and amazingly cheap. I used it for a very long time before I could afford a Mempo or lacuni.

after patch is finalized im prolly int lacuni and my 1100dps OS wand for 200K so still budget as hell...i cant pull it off now cos of RD

3 and 200K is another story lol RN not only 5cc mempo but I need ammy like mine with 550 loh lol. the trifecta gloves are the cheap part cos no ar needed. actually could go lacunis here too after patch hmmm.

games gonna open up a lot for us post patch...OP should wait
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Funny I'm dropping lacuni for Rare Bracers. Lol.
Reply Quote
@OP

Definitely do it. I crossed over from my barb as well - got so tired of just spinning endlessly. Really like the class and esp the CM build. I actually like it more than my zero dog WD ...

Lots of experienced, helpful, and friendly wizzies on-hand to chime in too!
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:15 AMPosted by novice

Are you rolling razors? Or you got on in mind? Also wth for? RD huge nerf. innas will be in style like shand said.
Reply Quote
Going to concentrate on getting a good Chantodo's Force and Will first and then work on the rest. Thanks for all the input guys!
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:26 AMPosted by Aimless

Are you rolling razors? Or you got on in mind? Also wth for? RD huge nerf. innas will be in style like shand said.

If I'm lucky I can roll 250+ Intel bracers, and then switch to CD Nats. I will have more DPS more EHP at a much cheaper price, actually a ton of EHP because I get my Dex back. Only the new Bracers can make up the Intel loss without Zuni. Current bracers cannot, so it's better for me to use Zuni in 1.06.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:32 AMPosted by novice
If I'm lucky I can roll 250+ Intel bracers, and then switch to CD Nats

INB4 2pc nats nerfed.
Reply Quote
Tripox then :( tripox is the best option but I don't want to sell both arms and legs for it :(
Reply Quote
I don't really think that is going to happen...but I've been wrong before lol
Reply Quote
I don't really think that is going to happen...but I've been wrong before
Reply Quote
How important is it that I get a Chantodo's Will with +0.25 attacks?
Reply Quote
Not important, as long as you can get to a BP, any aps is acceptable. But higher aps Wand means less stress on other pieces when you upgrade later. So try to look for as high aps as you can afford.
Reply Quote
I kind of thought so. Yeah I wouldn't want to go below at least +0.24 on it.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
I made mine for like 100m.....

It's not high-end, but gets the job done at mp10 just fine with a barb buddy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]