Diablo® III

How much gold do I need to make a CM Wiz?

up
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
View profile
whats wrong with you henri?
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
LOL
Sorry guys.
Reply Quote
View profile
Got decent Chantodo's Will and force. I already have a Tal Rasha's Relentless pursuit, but it has no All Resist on it, and it sounds like that is important. What should I be shooing for on one and how much are they typically? I already have Natalya's Reflection on my Monk for the Wizard to use and a Witching Hour on my Barbarian that the wizard can use. Makes it a little easier to spend gold on other pieces.
Reply Quote
I got my chest for 40 mil. It has 230 vit and 6% reduced damage from elites. That 6% is equivalent to about 70 AR. It's a pretty good way to save money in my opinion since elite damage is really the only damage that matters.

While I was looking for mine I saw a near perfect one sell for only 200 mil. It had something like 170 int, 250 vit, 9% IAS, and 7% damage reduction. It stayed on the auction house for a few days too. They dont show up very often though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Damn. Yeah seems like getting Vitality is going to be a huge problem. I got a Relentless pursuit with 75 or so AR, 145 Intelligence and like 100 Vitality for 99mil, the others were worse or a lot more expensive. Seems like I may need to go the Mempo, Blackthorn's pants and cross route. But that seems pretty expensive.
Reply Quote
View profile
Got pretty much all of my stuff. I'll put it on and update my profile to show it once I'm level 60. I do feel like my hp is going to be 35k or less. And certainlly paragon leveling will help that, which brings me to my next question. How much of a difference in gear is there between the Archon build and CM? Because I'm guessing Archon is much more effective for farming purposes.
Reply Quote
View profile
none u just grab a ls weapon and trium source and roll@300+K archon ezpz coming from cm.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I put it all on, defensive stuff isn't too bad but my damage is kind of low. It should be in my profile now. I think I could definitely use better Vile ward, and Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit. I'm open to other suggestions too.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Darkinsanity
Because I'm guessing Archon is much more effective for farming purposes.

Only for 1.06. In 1.07, the are boosting xp of high MP to astronomical heights. If you can get to 140k dps or so as a CM you'll be able to wormhole farm MP7 for like 55-65m xp/hour. Thats without a hellfire or ruby.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Darkinsanity
Got pretty much all of my stuff. I'll put it on and update my profile to show it once I'm level 60. I do feel like my hp is going to be 35k or less. And certainlly paragon leveling will help that, which brings me to my next question. How much of a difference in gear is there between the Archon build and CM? Because I'm guessing Archon is much more effective for farming purposes.

I just roll Archon with my full SNS set, MP 1 no problem. No need to switch gear I think. You can't do SNS with typical Archon gear though.

Nice gear overall, you have everything in place, I guess you need a better VW, since you don't roll Vit on VW, 200 Str ones can add a lot to your Armor. Also I know the WH is from your barb, in the long run you should use different WH though, you have a total useless prop there. Double Intel/Str roll, or Armor roll I think.
Reply Quote
View profile
Got any input for what I should upgrade? DPS seems pretty low. It's only 121k.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/02/2013 10:34 PMPosted by novice

I just roll Archon with my full SNS set, MP 1 no problem. No need to switch gear I think. You can't do SNS with typical Archon gear though.

Nice gear overall, you have everything in place, I guess you need a better VW, since you don't roll Vit on VW, 200 Str ones can add a lot to your Armor. Also I know the WH is from your barb, in the long run you should use different WH though, you have a total useless prop there. Double Intel/Str roll, or Armor roll I think.

Yeah lol I thought it might be okay to borrow from my Barb. I also took the Naty ring from my Monk and the right ring from my Barbarian as well. I'm guessing a better Witching Hour for Wizard will be 300mil or more right? But I suppose it would help with my low intelligence. I just replaced the Vile Ward too.
Reply Quote
If you want more DPS then WH with another Intel roll, Lacuni with Intel instead of Dex, and higher damage source are the easiest way to up DPS without losing anything.

The WH you will need to wait for good deals, typically if you see 150 Intel high AR and Armor at 150-200M, grab it right away.
Edited by novice#1750 on 2/2/2013 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
My AR is sitting pretty good right now. Do I need to get AR on my Witching Hour?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]