Diablo® III

WD most Useless class in MP10

Don't go mp10 when dps lower than 300k or you take forever to clear map and running all the time.
Reply Quote
@numenorean So according to your calculations, at 88k dps/34k. I would be comfortable with mp3. Is that solo or with four a player group? I tried doing a act 3 key run last night with a wizard in mp4 and we died a few times kinda sad before turning in. From my experience I can't do anything greater than mp5 w/o a barb in my group to protect my WD. 0dog build is too pricey for me... so I'll just stick to lower mps, until I can buff my armor, all res., dps, loh, ehp and mana regen respectively.
Edited by emeraldsword#1691 on 2/4/2013 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Since I made it to paragon 100 I've mostly been farming legendaries using variations of the circle of life / sacrifice build on lower MPs (0-3) or using a a zombie bear based build on mid MPs (4-6). I do more farming on lower MPs because it's hard to beat the speed efficiency of the sacrifice builds on lower MPs. You may have a better chance to get a better item in higher MPs but in my experience being able to clear faster provides a better return.

I only use the 0-dogs builds for ubers or key farming. It might not be a bad option for higher level MP farming (7-10) where you're already not going to be concerned with super fast clear times but I think it would be super inefficient in lower MPs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
02/04/2013 12:11 PMPosted by emeraldsword
I tried doing a act 3 key run last night with a wizard in mp4 and we died a few times kinda sad before turning in.

What were you having problems with? Your gear is head and shoulders above mine, and I generally only die when I'm playing sloppy on MP4.
Reply Quote
i gotta say that some of this sounds correct but others...has no one watched impking's stream?!? 140k dps, owning mp10 solo and group play whenever he feels like it. and the highest crit i've seen from him is just over 1mish
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 12:11 PMPosted by emeraldsword
@numenorean So according to your calculations, at 88k dps/34k. I would be comfortable with mp3. Is that solo or with four a player group? I tried doing a act 3 key run last night with a wizard in mp4 and we died a few times kinda sad before turning in. From my experience I can't do anything greater than mp5 w/o a barb in my group to protect my WD. 0dog build is too pricey for me... so I'll just stick to lower mps, until I can buff my armor, all res., dps, loh, ehp and mana regen respectively.

Sorry to hear that, but didn't you say you should only do MP 2-3? (the resulting calculation is 2.58) Of course you will die a few times in MP 4.

but yeah, refer to my other notes on my post: remember, MP's are also build dependent and EHP dependent:

Also, these calculations are very build dependent, such as, that calculation for the Barbarian was meant for the Whirlwind-tornado builds (with Ruthless/Weapon Master passives). If you're switching to a pure defensive passive and skills, you might need to lower the MP a little bit if playing solo, otherwise it might take you forever.

And, your EHP (effective hit points) will also affect your MP level comfort big time, too. The amount of damage you can take and your Hitpoints will influence the MP level you can play, too.
Edited by numenorean#1374 on 2/4/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
"useless" is definitely NOT the right word to describe.
WD is harder to survive and farm in mp 10, comparing barb or monk.
It definitely takes longer time to get a right build for mp 10 farming.

I level'ed up my monk and barb to lvl 60 and 1 to 2 days later they can survive in mp10 group game without dying much, with gears I got from loot/stash. Both Barb and monk can carry 2 life stead/loh 1h weapons and they dont need offhand for "mana" gen. Wiz can freeze and surivive with 1k loh. WD can only rely on a 3% 1h weapon.

For non-0dog WD, I like doing bear and SB builds with LS skorn. My build is around 185k dps and I can survive very well in mp 10.

Mp 10 will be more important after next patch because of the high exp. bonus.
I think I will only do mp 10 exp run instead of mp 0 after that.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 2/4/2013 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Is it just me or do WD feel like a useless class in MP10..

i have 160k dps unbuffed.. 662 all resists... and 65.5k hp all unbuffed and i feel as though the WD class is not strong enough compared to other classes. I have a 0 ZD spec and its useless in mp10 i have 880 res all in it and 70k hp with around 90k dps. it can kill elites but most packs are a pain and take forever. I can kill all mp10 besides ubers solo but i feel it takes longer than it should. They need to buff WD because we may seem OP but once we hit MP10 we are far from a viable class especially if our gear should allow us to tackle mp10

Due to our resource generation, all traditional WD solo builds fail at higher MPs. 0-Dogs can be effective solo MP10 with a perfect set of gear; however, 0dog really shines in group play. Wizards love BBV, DH and other WD love resource regeneration as a result of our massive health globe output. While my dps lags other players in mp10 group play, I have no shortage of people asking me to play since overall I'm a help to the group.
Reply Quote
very simple , be a zunibarb like me
Reply Quote
yah.... I have no issues farming mp8 with my setup, for mp9-10 i can do it with a quick pants swap, but it's just not worth the time. Still actually not as slow as you would think, and my WD is running around 160-170k DPS (with gems) and using a standard bear build.

The only thing I do for mp9,10 (and sometimes 8 if i'm playing with a team). is drop GF for BR.

I find mp6-7 to the be the sweet spot between speed & challenge for me.

Edit: why would I want to run a zuni barb? It might be a good pvp spec i donnu, but my found gear barb does just find with it's "traditional" barb gearing, and has over twice the DPS be out.. 9 LS + WW = no need to over tank your barb for PVE. He has no problems carrying ubers or doing whatever I want him to in mp10.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 2/4/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
WTH is that?! godly wd gear on a BARB?!?! wow...
Sth new everyday...

02/04/2013 04:46 PMPosted by TheZuniBarb
Reply Quote
did a bunch of farming today with impking on mp10. we took down some elites before BBV ran out (under 20 seconds), and of course theres others that take a minute or two. He has ~145k dps with an SOJ and I have ~170 without an SOJ. It seemed to go pretty fast to me.

having a constant double hex with BBV is pretty insane
Edited by danitefox#1989 on 2/4/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:46 PMPosted by TheZuniBarb

That's hilarious! I tried my barb gear on my WD once to see how high armor did at around 5.5K. To go INT based for high AR and a high chance freeze. That would be interesting. Why not run a WW build though? WW procs a lot of LoH so would imagine it would proc a lot of freeze too. I might have to try that LOL!

SOJ looks like it drops DPS so much so was never really sure about it. If I lost 25K DPS to one of those for 30% I don't know if it would make much difference. Too expensive to find out. :(
Reply Quote
SOJ math is just figure out your dps and add 30%. (while it's not perfect because of AS, neither is how the DPS is added w/other items as well so it's all relative.)

So if you have a 100k dps w/a soj. Unless your other ring gives you over a 130k you are better off with the SOJ. I have yet to find a ring that out "Dps's" a soj since it will always scale with you, and the other benefits are great to.. The only down side is if you aren't tanky enough with your other gear. Having that slot for DPS only will hurt.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 2/4/2013 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
look at kiza's gear.. dear god/moses

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kiza-1883/hero/790800

312k unbuffed.

no glass cannon, no sparkflint, no blood magic. and its 312k.

what is with all dps buffs on? 500? WAH!?
Edited by skim#1898 on 2/5/2013 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Here is my personal opinion on Mp's and WD's.

If you are less than 100k Dps then farming over mp2 solo is not efficient.

If you are 100-150k Dps then farming over mp4 solo is not efficient

If you are 150-200k+ Dps then farming over mp6 is not efficient

And to be honest farming over Mp7 solo with any Dps just is not efficient unless you are 100k+ in a 0dog build.

Now, If you are para 100 then efficiency becomes less of an issue. You arent trying to lvl and farming the most amount of time is the most important factor. If you can only stand to do 1hr of farming a day at mp2 , while you have a blast farming mp8 for 3hrs a day then DO THAT. The bottom line is this game is a grind and whatever keeps you the most engaged is the way to go.

I have 170k dps and I farm mp7-10 with a group and mp2-3 solo. While solo I find alk runs that take me over 15 mins to be extremely boring. I'd rather faceroll everything with AC/Bears and lvl para faster. Now on the other hand if I can get a good group going that can run mp8-10 with good efficiency then that is the option I choose as it is much more exciting.

Once I hit 100 I should have my 0dog set completed and expect to be ~120k dps in it. Once 100 I wont care about efficiency and will farm as high an mp as possible.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Gold15
If you are less than 100k Dps then farming over mp2 solo is not efficient.

I solo MP5/6 when I look for keys. I swap out Horrify for Jinx. I die maybe 1-2 times each run and it's normally because I did something stupid. I have few problems getting 5 stacks and them killing the Warden in A4 MP6. I don't understand why so many WD's !@#$% and moan about the higher MP's. Sure, I can't do MP10 lol. MP10 isn't for me and my 90k DPS with below average EHP. Luckily... I figured out how the damn skills work and I'm able to take advantage of that.

WD for life lol.
Reply Quote
Slam Dance is like crack to other classes, and the higher the MP level, the more useful it becomes (for example, at MP10, Slam Dance will almost always be off cooldown at some point during an elite group battle).

One trick you can try to boost Slam Dance effectiveness is leave the game (to lobby) and come back. This will refresh all your cooldowns (and no, you won't lose NV stacks). If I'm doing ubers or keyfarming (and skipping trash), I'll leave game and come back so SD is always ready (obviously this only works when grouped).

20% attack speed, 30% damage * 4 people is a huge buff that is in very high demand.

Hex is another very under-rated skill in PvE when fighting elite groups. If they ever fix the *bug* and show crits while enemies are hex-ed (20% damage boost for Jinx), more people would wake up and start using it :)

Even so, from damage reduction perspective, Hex is huge. Also invaluable for elites that run around a lot. They are far less mobile in pig-form.

Bad Medicine might be the best defensive group buff in the game. It is unfortunate that it doesn't show up anywhere visually (e.g. you can 'see' the armor boost Warcry provides), hence it isn't valued and hardly anyone uses it.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 2/5/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
farming with multiple WD's and always having slam dance + multiple hex's is the best
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]