Diablo® III

Hardcore Witch Doctor Gear Help

Hello fellow Witch Doctors!

I've been playing this WD in Hardcore and it's been a blast. I've been grinding gold to gear up this toon so I can move through the acts without too much stress. However I've hit the point where upgrades on the HC AH are REALLY expensive and i do not use the RMAH.

I would like advice from some veterans to let me know where to go next and if my gear for my spec is correct. I'm currently running a RoT/AC build with pets.

Here is my WD:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bicepticon-1188/hero/28915037

Thanks
Reply Quote
I have;
34483 health
35.5k dmg
490 rest
28.5 cc
285 cd
717 LoH
1.4k Thorns

Sanity check please.
Reply Quote
I don't understand how can you not use soul harvest.
Reply Quote
I agree with neta, also looks like vitality could help a lot for a cushion

gl.
Reply Quote
I haven't been using Soul Harvest because mobs are dying just fine in Act 2. This may change in Act 3 so I'll consider it.

I agree vitality is my primary weak point, so I'm leaning towards getting a visage of giuya with high int so I can put in a purple gem. I think that would be most beneficial.
Reply Quote
Oh no, careful man, using two hands are risky especially in Hardcore where you will need much defence. Good luck anyway. Hopefully you play with friends that you can trust and never enter public games you never created.
Reply Quote
I upgraded my legs, bought a visage of giyua, and swapped Horrify for Soul Harvest.

As a result I'm at 38k health, mid 500 AR, and with 5 stacks of SH 45k dmg.
I'm kinda worried that I only have 2980 armor, is more REALLY necessary? Or would I benefit from a better stat such as AR or LOH?

This helped out tremendously but when I fight Belial tonight I will swap out SH for Big Bad Voodoo with the healing rune for an "Oh S***" button.

I only play Hardcore solo, unfortunately my friends are too afraid of it.
Edited by Bicepticon#1188 on 2/4/2013 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just a quick skill comment:

Have you considered ditching Fierce loyalty for Bad medicine (especially to take on Belial!), and replacing Leeching Beasts w Life Link??

Having 4 ZDs is nice, but not that essential in my experience, whereas the damage reduction from Bad Medicine may be more important for survival in Inferno.
Similarly, Life Link is a much better survival element compared to Leeching Beasts. If you break out the math, when you include the intrinsic 80% drop in life steal in Inferno, Leeching Beasts is totally useless unless you're cranking 100+K dps or above (even then it's questionable). Life Link provides another consistent 10% dmg reduction (until the doggies die - & you should be geared enuff to prevent this happening too frequently). Much better imho!

[Obviously i hv only experience in Softcore Inferno (i'll b in HC Inferno v soon...), but i think the above suggestions should still be valid, if not more important in HC]
Edited by Technobabble#1236 on 2/4/2013 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the constructive criticism.But I think you have Fierce Loyalty confused with Zombie Handler.

I actually used to use Bad Medicine when I was in Hell and below, but once I got thorns on my gear (1.4k), it seemed like a good choice because my pets would be taking the brunt of the damage and dealing it back instead of myself..My question would be is 1.4k thorns important/noticeable compared to other stats?

My doggies aren't dying in inferno and I forgot about the lifesteal aspect applied to pets, so I'll switch it out for Life Link, or perhaps Burning Dogs.

Thanks for the post.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dwell-1491/hero/23052376

My stats and build.

I have always used a 2 handed weapon, even since i was lvl 42 with a 18 lvl reduction. Most people dont use it ... but i could never understand why.

At the moment I myself am thinking of changing to a 1 hand build only due to the fact i want to keep my current spec, but gain more dps, and to do that, i need to choose thing of the deep for the pickup radius and then i can drop the pickup radius on my other items and find more suitable items for those slots.

I have had a bit of luck - my helm, shoulders, zunim boots + ring were drops. So it saved my alot of cash, but the rest i had to work hard and farm for.

You'll get there mate, but zombie build is not for me - also you should definately be using SH .... it boosts your dmg substantially even for the short period the buff lasts for.
Reply Quote
Well i got my WD to 60 HC had a D/C and died, and only need a Diablo inferno HC kill.

My next is a monk at 37, when I get to 60 can anyone kill Diablo Inferno HC for me for achievement?

I am OCD on these achievements!
Reply Quote
If you make another, add me.
I need more HC people who actually interact.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the constructive criticism.But I think you have Fierce Loyalty confused with Zombie Handler.

I actually used to use Bad Medicine when I was in Hell and below, but once I got thorns on my gear (1.4k), it seemed like a good choice because my pets would be taking the brunt of the damage and dealing it back instead of myself..My question would be is 1.4k thorns important/noticeable compared to other stats?

My doggies aren't dying in inferno and I forgot about the lifesteal aspect applied to pets, so I'll switch it out for Life Link, or perhaps Burning Dogs.

Thanks for the post.

Haha - my bad. Yep, got them mixed up.

But the same kinda applies - 1.4K reflected is small. Its only about 3-4% of your basic damage output. If u had 10K it might b more worthwhile, but i think it's generally recognized that until Thorns is significantly buffed, it's fairly useless. The healing of the ZDs can be handy, but u need a reasonable regen rate to be worthwhile, or the healing rune on BBV. I'd suggest there are better passive u could be using, such as Gruesome Feast. The damage buff plus mana regain is awesome, and the Int boost increases Resist All a moderate amount. But the increase in killing speed is the most important - Dead Demons Don't Damage!!

I've just busted my HC WD into lvl 60, and about to enter act 4 Hell, so i'm obviously writing from a more SC experience, but the basics are the same - though better gear is ridiculously more expensive in HC! [just checked the prices for Zuni pieces!]

I'd swap FL for GF, and try to gear a little more armor, health/life% & RA to keep the doggies up if they die without FL. The buff from GF can replace some upgrading of your damage output.
Also, loosely speaking, your armour to RA ratio should be about 10:1.
ie: if your RA is 490, your armor should be about 4900.
This optimises your spending to provide the best defensive combo. Given your armor is about 3K, i'd try to boost your armor first, even if you need to sacrifice a little RA in the process.

Another minor element to consider: AC & RoT both hv good proc rates, so it could be worth checking various Effects on Strike attributes, eg: Freeze on a belt, Stun on gloves, etc. A couple of these, and you can easily get stuns/freezes/blinds triggering 20-30% of the time - very handy to reduce the number of Desecrator, Frozen, vortex, Arcane effects from occurring. Can be expensive though ;-((

Hope that helps

[Commiserations to Dropsy - D/C's should be banned!]
Edited by Technobabble#1236 on 2/5/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still think that you guys need to consider the build i'm using at present. While zombie bears are good against elites, you really need to kill/farm fast correct?

In that case you need a slow hitting 2 hander for your acid cloud ... preferably with LOH - So something like sledge of akh..... (whatever it's called) - this will also give you movement speed and a "decent" sledge is not expensive. Then you just need to find 20-25 pickup radius on your other gear (which is not difficult)..

When i first hit 60 o(n my WD i was solo running act 3 on mp0 (no point doing it higher) my build cost less then 2mil.
Reply Quote
So I know this post was a while ago but... I can teach you the ways of the wd. I have a couple builds I use. I can teach you how to tank damage while dealing more damage then the majority of the toons you'll be playing with. I have but a lot of time and thought into my builds. My tags is dinosaur#1572 . This build is perfect and with it its basically impossible to die but easy and quick to farm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]