Diablo® III

How to crack 100k dmg on a budget

Just looking to get a rough idea out there on how one cracks that magical 100k mark? Is it all from items or does your build play a larger part? People on this forum seem to be rather helpful. Does anyone have any recommendations for my character?

My wish list in order of when I wanted to get it are
1. Zuni Pox
2. Lacuni's
3. Trifecta gloves

Problem is I'm looking at 100mil here. I'm happy when I make another 1mil.
Reply Quote
I would

a) loose the LOH ring get a CC CD one
b) loose the AS gloves get CC CD
c) Mojo is pretty weak average damage thats a big hit on yoru dps
d) socketed crit weapon (weapons are potentially 200% of your crit damage)
e) %life does you very little good with out vitality with +44% life you are only 40 k hitpoints... so look for more vitality gear to make those % life items shine.
Reply Quote
View profile
Witching hour belt would give you a nice boost, if you got one with some vitality it would make up for your lost set bonus -- I have no idea what a good price would be on one.

Get a pox with 160+ int instead of CC, they are much more reasonable and deal decent damage.

Lacuni's are reasonable without CC. Go for over 100 int instead of CC. Put some allres and vitality on them too if you can afford it.

CC/CD gloves with high int, vit, and allres instead of trifecta gloves.

The more attack speed items you use, the less likely you will be able to use PtV as it will choke your mana.

You will have to save up for these items as none are really cheap. Trading is a big part of this game and we all had to learn how to do it.
Reply Quote
DPS straight up comes from items.

What is the budget you are working with? What are your goals? Speed runs? High MP fights? Hitting 100k doesn't mean squat if you can't really utilize it efficiently.

So...If you all you want to do is hit the 100k dps bench mark

I'd say

1) Swap out your gloves with a 7.0 - 9.0 CC, and at least 30 - 40 CD, and a 100+ int. Those are a lot cheaper then overrated trifecta gloves (especially since WD's don't benefit as much from attack speed.)

2) Both of your rings need to be swapped out with more crit chance and crit damage on them. At least 4.0 Crit chance, as much crit damage and int as you can afford.

3) Your thing of the deep is pretty low damage. Your passives don't look like they're taking full advantage of the 20 yard pick up radius anyways.

02/04/2013 04:10 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
You will have to save up for these items as none are really cheap. Trading is a big part of this game and we all had to learn how to do it.

There is no such thing as "trading" in this game. Trading is not a common occurrence even in the trade channel. There's only selling and buying.

You are doing either one or another. Refer to auction house, filter the buy out rates, and look for low bids. The market is pretty bad right now due to the arrival of the new patch and everyone taking a hiatus until then--so I suggest you look at it daily for deals.
Edited by Lmaoonadee#1981 on 2/4/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
There is no such thing as "trading" in this game. Trading is not a common occurrence even in the trade channel. There's only selling and buying.

trade
[ trayd ]

buying and selling: the activity of buying and selling, or sometimes bartering, goods
Reply Quote
Why 100k dps?

You don't need 100k dps for low mp farming. You're fooling yourself you can survive high mp without vit/resist.

One thing you're right is that you need that extra 12% runspeed on Inna or Lacuni, for whatever MP.
Reply Quote
the easy answer is stack int/crit chance/crit damage.
but specifically here is what i would do with your gear

1. get some gloves with stats on them instead of blank trifectas. go for 10% crit, and 30% crit damage with over 150 int and some vit if you can afford it. you can get this for cheap
2. witching hour. will boost your dps by a min of 10k if not more. scales great when you get better gear. best in slot item
3. strongarm bracers. people will tell you lacunis. but they suck. strongarms are better in every respect except they don't have attack speed. they always have 4.5 crit. they always have 8-9% life. and you can get a nice pair for cheap. the int/crit will always outdo plain lacunis.
4. get an offhand with higher average damage
5. slowly upgrade your gems. it adds up
6. let go of magic find gear and move on to better stats, like int crit, crit damage
7. if you love your knife then keep it. if you want to get to 100k dps faster, pick up a skorn or an echoing fury.
8. get a zuni helm with over 250 int. they are less than 500k im pretty sure.
9. upgrade the vile wards.
10. replace your left right with something better. run some ubers get a hellfire
Reply Quote
also get the 4p zuni set. stop using pierce the veil
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice so far everyone. Much appreciated.
I'm getting a good idea of where to take this character.

Thankfully I found an EF last night that I was able to sell for $5mil. It wasn't the greatest which is why I didn't end up using it. I really think I need a weapon with LS at the moment. I have big issue with reflect damage mobs and need it to balance itself out.

I feel like the only way to properly equip my guy is to figure out the economy. You literally need 100mil to do anything big.

Anyone know any good threads on tips to understanding the economy?

Also, I feel I should point out the vast majority of my time is spent MP1&2 farming. Basically why I kept the MF and GF gear. I like to run around in a gold skin on MP1 but is that not efficient?
Edited by StonedOne#1933 on 2/6/2013 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:07 AMPosted by StonedOne
Thankfully I found an EF last night that I was able to sell for $5mil. It wasn't the greatest which is why I didn't end up using it. I really think I need a weapon with LS at the moment. I have big issue with reflect damage mobs and need it to balance itself out.

Definitely want LS if you're running a bears build. I have 3% from manajuma's and 425 LOH on blackthorne's.. that's it, and bears/acid rain fill up my health in one shot most of the time. Also, Reflect Damage is being toned down in the next patch, I wouldn't break the bank regearing just for that affix.

I feel like the only way to properly equip my guy is to figure out the economy. You literally need 100mil to do anything big.

Anyone know any good threads on tips to understanding the economy?

It's hard to get by if you've never gotten one of those big ticket items to drop. Those 300 million dollar items might as well be a trillion gazillion gold. But, in the mean time, the only way to get by is a) look for deals (sort by "time left" on auctions.. sometimes there are deals on stuff people haven't noticed and you can get steals) and b) sell legendaries unidentified (that EF is worth 14 mill unid) and c) sacrifice some stats on one item, and then make up for it on another... you don't need a 100 million dollar amulet with Int, Vit, CC, CD, and AR right away.. just try to get one with maybe 3 of those stats, and get the 2 you didn't get on another. Piece by piece is how you gear on a budget, at least in my experience (and I've never been close to wealthy).

Also, I feel I should point out the vast majority of my time is spent MP1&2 farming. Basically why I kept the MF and GF gear. I like to run around in a gold skin on MP1 but is that not efficient?

This is the most efficient thing you could be doing. You want to hit a sweet spot with MP, so that you enjoy mf/gf/xp bonuses, but can still kill elites in under 10-15 seconds (and melt most white mobs). Personally, unless you have godly gear, the MPs at 4 or 5 and up are strictly for farming keys and ubers. It's great if you can survive MP8.. but if it takes you 20 minutes to kill one elite pack, you're losing xp and MF/GF efficiency.

Just my two cents.
Edited by Vorador#1326 on 2/6/2013 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
acid rain with stun on hit and freeze on hit

you're welcome
Edited by Anodyne#1564 on 2/6/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have picked up a few cheap items and cracked the 100k dmg unbuffed. Got a Zuni Pox, Uhkapian Serpent, and Strongarm Bracers

Added more vit,armour and all res in the process. All for under 15mil

Thanks for the tips
Edited by StonedOne#1933 on 2/8/2013 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can get a Zuni's Vision with 275+ Intelligence for under 500k (got a 279 int one last night for 160k). That's a nice cheap upgrade with damage comparable to 3-3.5 CC one.

I had an amulet similar to yours, replaced it with a Tal Rasha's allegiance with 280 int, 62 crit dmg, and 5% cold damage, gave me a boost of about ~2500 dps. Not to mention the added vitality. Bought it for 1 million on AH
Edited by Speedy#1988 on 2/8/2013 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]