Diablo® III

D3 vs. PoE

I've been playing PoE lately, and it is pretty much the D2 expansion I've been waiting for, not to mention its completely free to play.

That being said, D3 is not a bad game. It is a very fast paced, kill-frenzy game with beautiful fight mechanics. It just depends on the person. It's kinda like Call of Duty vs Battlefield. Call of Duty is a faster pace shoot em up, while battlefield requires more thought and decision making.

If you are looking for an excellent ARPG reminiscent of D2, go with PoE.
If you are looking for a fast-pace grind game, go with D3
Reply Quote
tx
Reply Quote
Combat in PEO is really bad.
But the rest of game is neat.
Reply Quote
ok
Reply Quote
poe is way more fun in general.... look at my profile here i played for a month and never looked back this game is weak
Reply Quote
They should change the name to Piece of Excrement. This game is bad. Dated graphics, crappy key binding, garbage pvp, 95% of game play is copied from D2. Items are colored coded exactly like D2. Wonder why it's free to play?
Reply Quote
Honestly i think the game looks great w/ high gfx settings. Love the black and white comments, definitely shows difference of opinion haha
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Wormbait
They should change the name to Piece of Excrement. This game is bad. Dated graphics, crappy key binding, garbage pvp, 95% of game play is copied from D2. Items are colored coded exactly like D2. Wonder why it's free to play?

if it's only half as good as d2 it's already 10 times better than d3.
Reply Quote
OP - HOW DARE YOU FIND POSITIVES IN BOTH!

You pick a side and fight for it with every last breath. None of this, "I see the merit of both games" crap. That is the rules of the internets.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Regginakool
i played for a month and never looked back this game is weak

What would you call posting on the D3 forums?
Reply Quote
Hahaha Goodbrew there's just so much hate on the front page of forums I'm trying something new
Reply Quote
since playing POE i have zero desire to go back to d3
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Quen
if it's only half as good as d2 it's already 10 times better than d3.

PoE is still in beta phase as well, much has yet to come. All we have right now is a comparison to a fully expanded D2.

Both games (PoE/D3) still have expansion packs and fixes to undergo
Edited by Slayer#1354 on 2/4/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
D3 is way more fun than PoE. The random events and elites are done so well in D3 but, skill gems with support gems in linked, colored sockets is pretty cool. Most of the fun in PoE is in the geekery and not in the action.
Reply Quote
I have played over 300 hours of D3 versus about 30 hours of POE thus far. I am having way more fun with POE. That is all.
Edited by Paladin#1909 on 2/4/2013 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:29 AMPosted by DeadRu
since playing POE i have zero desire to go back to d3

Well there's a positive for d3. Really why even bother coming here to tell us this. I tried poe and it did nothing for me, but I did not go on the poe forums and say that.

+1, I will admit to not giving a very fair trial of PoE, but the lack of inventory space was horrendous. If you clear an area, you have to go back to town 3-4 times in order to "pick" up all of the drops. This to me was a deal breaker.
Reply Quote
i played for a month and never looked back this game is weak

What would you call posting on the D3 forums?

playing D3. that`s what. paid 60$ to browse this forum.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/4/2013 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
+1, I will admit to not giving a very fair trial of PoE, but the lack of inventory space was horrendous. If you clear an area, you have to go back to town 3-4 times in order to "pick" up all of the drops. This to me was a deal breaker.

As someone that loves PoE, This pisses me off. Also the fact that TP's are hard to get in general
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]