Paragon 100 by class -- Americas

Source: diabloprogress.com

Paragon 100's by class
Barb: 1,724 paragon 100's
Monk: 763
DH: 655
Wizard: 571
WD: 267

I don't intend for this to become a 'buff my class' thread, but surely blizzard can look at this data and easily determine that Barbs are the best farmers. Let's take what's working well on barbs (speed, namely) and learn from it.

So what do you think? Are you surprised by this data? I know I was (especially seeing monks in 2nd place.. who would've guess that?!?).
Reply Quote
Monks have one of the fastest xp farming builds thanks to tempest rush.
Reply Quote
Jeez there has to be more than 655 of us.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Crymore
Jeez there has to be more than 655 of us.

it is entirely possible that there are. i don't know how frequently that site is updated.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/us/rating.stat_dps_unbuffed

And barbs have 4 spots outta 100 for total unbuffed DPS. Your point?
Reply Quote
You have to keep in mind that there are more barbs than WDs, and therefore, there will be more of them that are level 100.

Part of that is because barbs are pretty darn easy to play, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.
Reply Quote
Source: diabloprogress.com

Paragon 100's by class
Barb: 1,724 paragon 100's
Monk: 763
DH: 655
Wizard: 571
WD: 267

I don't intend for this to become a 'buff my class' thread, but surely blizzard can look at this data and easily determine that Barbs are the best farmers. Let's take what's working well on barbs (speed, namely) and learn from it.

So what do you think? Are you surprised by this data? I know I was (especially seeing monks in 2nd place.. who would've guess that?!?).

Um, since Blizzard owns and created the database that populates the armory that website gets its information from, I feel it is safe to say they (Blizzard) just might have access to a bit more info than diabloprogress can access... And class changes have been ongoing in case you hadn't noticed.

It is safe to say that not everyone agrees with the choices they implement though. ;)
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/us/rating.stat_dps_unbuffed

And barbs have 4 spots outta 100 for total unbuffed DPS. Your point?

i'm not bashing barbs. i LOVE my barb. he was really easy to gear using junk my WD found

i think blizzard needs to take a hint though and look at why barbs are best. as i said in original post, it comes down to speed and mobility. other classes just can't compete with sprint spam and barb's high run speed.

again, i don't want to nerf barbs, but i'd like to see some minor shifts to movement skills (wizard teleport in particular comes to mind)
Reply Quote
that depends if bots were included in this list..but surprised wd has only 267 nonetheless
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:57 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Monks have one of the fastest xp farming builds thanks to tempest rush.

Yes and my barb farms faster in mp 3 than mp 1 because i can actually keep up WOTB ... i doubt any monk can tempest rush clear mp3 as fast as RTLW barb.

Anyways another reason why theres more barbs is its alot easier to gear them ,,,, some cheap IK pieces will allow you to rip through early mp's no problem.

Barbarians when they first hit 60 are just flat out given 6% life steal ... other classes have to gold spilling out of every orifice in order to have both decent damage and a modicum of lifesteal. As such, I cant even stand playing any class besides barbarian... too much gold required to meet survivability requirements.

02/04/2013 05:15 PMPosted by unholy
that depends if bots were included in this list..but surprised wd has only 267 nonetheless

My friend scapegoatie#1416 is about to reach 100 paragon on his wd bot and make it 268.

02/04/2013 05:17 PMPosted by RagingKoala
youd have wizzys/dhs speed farming mid to high MPs.

There are already wizards speed farming mp10 ... so i dunno what youre huffing.
Edited by Delkerramak#1500 on 2/4/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you shift the balance to have those uber high DPS character farming with a barb/monks efficiency, That would create inbalance going the other way. Now instead of a barb speed farming low MPS, youd have wizzys/dhs speed farming mid to high MPs.
Theres never gonna be a perfect balance, you just need more than one character. I need to make a cm wiz for ubers and keep my barb for farming.

WDs still get the shaft, so I'm glad they are OP in PVP :)
Reply Quote
Monk placement surprises me.

While it's well known that TR builds are THE fastest XP builds out there now.
That info is relatively new compared to others.

I would have assumed Monks were 3rd or possibly 4th.
Barb and WD placement and numbers don't surprise me.
After all, people watch the forums, live streams, etc. They jump all over the 'popular' build and would have stuck it through to 100 rather than switch out at paragon 70 to start playing a DH or a TR Monk.

02/04/2013 04:54 PMPosted by jimdandy
I don't intend for this to become a 'buff my class' thread

I agree.
The ability to generate XP quickly has nothing to do with class balance since it only really factors in the ability to faceroll content on low MP levels. Something all classes can do effectively even if some have slower runs.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 2/4/2013 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

youd have wizzys/dhs speed farming mid to high MPs.

There are already wizards speed farming mp10 ... so i dunno what youre huffing.

You have a vid of a wiz farming MP10 at the speed of a barb farming mp1? I didnt think so.
Reply Quote
Barbs are more popular.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Calamity
Barbs are the best farmers.

Wrong. Gtfo.

the numbers basically speak for themselves, but if you feel strongly that another class is superior, let's see your build
Reply Quote
I'm actually slightly surprised that Monk and DH aren't the other way around. Otherwise, yeah, the Barbs and WDs are not even a little surprising.
Reply Quote
Barbarian/Warrior/Squire/Knight/Swordsman

This is the most populated class of every mmo ever. <- period

& also, how do you go from 'there are more of them' to 'they are the best farmers'? honestly.
Reply Quote
Monks are beasts at leveling.

My monk partner hit pl 100 weeks before me. When he would go solo, tempest rush.
It it is so fast not even funny, i could valt my lofe away and never keep up with a monk thats doing tempest rush.

Like a blurr on your screen, while a barb can keep on going, a monk using rush, is that much faster moving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]