Diablo® III

Paragon 100 by class -- Americas

...Let's take what's working well on barbs (speed, namely) and learn from it.

IMO, you nailed it with this statement. Barbs aren't only efficient because they can move around the map quickly, they are also FUN because they can move around the map quickly.

Going back to my wiz after playing my barb is so painful ... the wiz feels so sloooooooowwwwww.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:57 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Monks have one of the fastest xp farming builds thanks to tempest rush.

The problem being they have to pay a TON of money for it to even work.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Calamity

The problem being they have to pay a TON of money for it to even work.

I fail to see a problem in having to invest a lot to be the best.

I agree, but it seems other "speed" builds for other classes are much cheaper.

Actually, no, I don't agree. You shouldn't have to spend a ton of money to play a certain build.
Reply Quote

You can spend 1mil on a TR build that works perfectly fine. You can spend 1bil on a TR build that is the BEST at farming. This is EXACTLY how the system should be. Play whatever you want, but if you want to be the BEST, you better be ready to invest the gold. This progression is absolutely necessary for any longevity.

Goes for any build. Perfectly true statement right here.
Reply Quote
Without the number of people playing each class, making a judgement based on the OP is impossible...
Reply Quote
You need to compare this to the total number of people playing each class...

Witch Doctor has by far the least amount of players so it will OBVIOUSLY have the least P100s. You can't possibly claim balance and farm speed off this.
Reply Quote
I could have told you this after playing my wizard for 10 minutes on 1.05.

I actually quit mid-1.04, but in those days, I was still hopeful for a comeback. Then 1.05 comes along and it's a big nerf for my wizard. Instead of being able to finally farm act 3 on mp0, I find that I could barely kill things on act 1 (where I used to be able to take it at a dead run).

Well, I just lol'd, and went back to Borderlands. It's still fun to come and poke fun of Diablow on the forums.
Edited by nevergiveup#1620 on 2/4/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:21 PMPosted by jimdandy

Wrong. Gtfo.

the numbers basically speak for themselves, but if you feel strongly that another class is superior, let's see your build

Go take a class in statistics or something before you make claims like this off numbers which can't prove your claim. You need to compare this to the total population of the class. If for example 1724/88,923 barbs are 100 while 274/988 WDs are 100 then WDs are by far better farmers. You cant make any claims off this information.
Reply Quote

Why? Because "WoW junior" is more of a game than Borderlands?

Well, I just lol'd.

Works for me ...
Reply Quote

There are already wizards speed farming mp10 ... so i dunno what youre huffing.

You have a vid of a wiz farming MP10 at the speed of a barb farming mp1? I didnt think so.

No but i could give you a vid of a wizard farming mp10 faster than any barb farms mp6 or 7 or 8 or 9
Edited by Delkerramak#1500 on 2/4/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

You have a vid of a wiz farming MP10 at the speed of a barb farming mp1? I didnt think so.

No but i could give you a vid of a wizard farming mp10 faster than any barb farms mp6 or 7 or 8 or 9

They are speed farming MP10, but still not getting the same exp/min YET, next patch they will have an advantage due to MP exp being more balanced.
If you had a wiz able to move as fast as a barb/monk, and have that high of DPS it would be totally unbalanced. Imagine a barb with the wizzes DPS farming.....

And is this video of an uber run or some other boss? Cause thats not farming. Id like to see it if its like a keep2 run or something like that.
Reply Quote
You have to keep in mind that there are more barbs than WDs, and therefore, there will be more of them that are level 100.

Part of that is because barbs are pretty darn easy to play, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.

This ^

You cant read much into those numbers unless you know the data behind it. There are lies, there are damn lies, then there are statistics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]