Diablo® III

Monk Advice Needed

Looking for some decent monks to post here so I can take a look at their builds and gear so I can see what works well in HC.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm sure there is a post already out there like it but I spent about 20 mins looking through the forum and couldn't find one so I am sorry if this has been posted before.
Reply Quote
I'm no expert but at para 40 I am now very comfortable at mp0 act 3. I can pretty much walk through just about anything. I'm not very tanky as I have no intent on running higher mp levels any time soon. I am just farming act 3 mp 0 at the moment.
I would like to be more balanced as far as a 10:1 ratio with Armor:All Res. I am at about, 1000 all res and 6000 armor at the moment but it is just much easier for a monk to buff All res. So I tend to get a large boost from using Hard Target to boost my armor instead of Time of Need. If this makes no sense to you, just ignore it :)
Reply Quote
Irish:
This is my first HC character.
Nothing amazing, but can farm MP-0, Act 3 with minimal fear of anything short of a DC against the wrong elites.

Dog:
Unless you specifically prefer the dodge bonus of MoE over the healing and life bubble of MoH, there's no reason to use Hard Target.

You get more EHP from getting the 20% bonus to whatever you have more of: Resists or Armor. Forget that whole 10:1 magic ratio mumbo-jumbo. The only reason to choose MoE:HT would be because you actually prefer the evasion part to healing.
Reply Quote
Irish:
This is my first HC character.
Nothing amazing, but can farm MP-0, Act 3 with minimal fear of anything short of a DC against the wrong elites.

Dog:
Unless you specifically prefer the dodge bonus of MoE over the healing and life bubble of MoH, there's no reason to use Hard Target.

You get more EHP from getting the 20% bonus to whatever you have more of: Resists or Armor. Forget that whole 10:1 magic ratio mumbo-jumbo. The only reason to choose MoE:HT would be because you actually prefer the evasion part to healing.

Interesting :)
Reply Quote
I finished inferno and had lots of fun with my build at 60k hp and 25k unbuffed dps. Right now with some upgrades, I feel fine facerolling.

I like my build for attack speed and spirit generation instead of a shield (can always hit something twice to dash out of any situation). It is a balance of just enough eHP and aggressiveness.

Cyclone does more dmg, but i chose Master of Wind for lag proof, and smoother experience, as I start every fight at maximum wind stacks. This allows me to spam my mantra (I change between Backlash and Overawe).
Reply Quote
I finished inferno and had lots of fun with my build at 60k hp and 25k unbuffed dps. Right now with some upgrades, I feel fine facerolling.

I like my build for attack speed and spirit generation instead of a shield (can always hit something twice to dash out of any situation). It is a balance of just enough eHP and aggressiveness.

Cyclone does more dmg, but i chose Master of Wind for lag proof, and smoother experience, as I start every fight at maximum wind stacks. This allows me to spam my mantra (I change between Backlash and Overawe).

Yea master of wind gives you more spirit to use TR or DS its quite handy if i go up a few mp lvls i tend to switch back to cyclone
Reply Quote
I am still not good at this game but if you want to look at my monk your welcome. Just ignore the exp gear as I was leveling her. but the build is in all honesty up to your taste. I usually run Overawe.
Seems your monk is at good stats for act 1 and even act 2. try to invest in LOH gear.
Good luck XD
Reply Quote
I think I am around 109k dps and 63k life 766 resist all(all no follower and unbuffed).
Reply Quote
I was just browsing around Diabloprogress and it said 100% of the Top 50 (Paragon Level) Hardcore Monks use Serenity. It was the only case of every single Top 50 person using all the same skill except for WD's and Spirit Walk, I think.
Reply Quote
i paid roughly 300m for all my gear, except for the victor rage. withou that wep i was at like 55k dps though

skills working out fine... about the same i been using on all my dead monks (died from game crash/poor play/dc/ect al soloing.... dont play solo, it will get ya eventually)
Edited by Kornkills#1468 on 2/5/2013 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]