Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Suggestion

I have a few suggestions with Nephalem valor, which seem like it would be fairly easy to implement for the developers and make our lives easier without giving unearned drops.

1) Nephalem Valor should not decay inside uber portals.
2) Killing a "purple" name monster should grant a stack of NV
3) Monster Power should increase the spawn rate of champions and rares, the higher the MP, the more challenging the mobs (and more opportunities to stack 5 nv).

***I think the above just about everyone will agree with. Now for the controversal ones.***

4) Uber bosses should give a considerable gold drop or a high number of item rolls to make it feel like there's still a chance of getting something decent if the organ didn't drop.

5) There should be profile statistics for amount of time nephalem valor was held, king of like time played but with nv, amount of ubers killed.

6) I recommend bringing back the original feel of ubers with the next event making the last 3 bosses (Diablo, Azmodan, Belial) a challenge and spawning unholy amounts of unholyness (skeletons) to cut down, and it should award an amulet similar to the ring, or materials to make one. Or perhaps for the expansion, making it Diablo, Azmodan, and whatever the act 5 boss is gonna be (Imperius?).

Something to think about. Thanks for reading.

Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Reply Quote
They're going to satisfy you with this patch I assume because it seems like you want the game to be more "justified".

Thanks

Lap Chi
Reply Quote
I just think grabbing 5 stacks of nv is extremely tedious and looking for something to kill isn't what the devs had in mind, it should be mindless slashing and hacking and I think this goes hand in hand with their monster power principle, the player can choose how challenging he or she wants the game to be, and with higher challenges come higher rewards.
Reply Quote
nv stack are supposed to be decaying in uber portals .. its yet another gear check. can't kill all 3 ubers in 30 mins => punished, go find another stack

have super 2mil ehp tank gear to solo ubers despite enrage, and taking 24hrs to kill => invalid playstyle.
Reply Quote
nv stack are supposed to be decaying in uber portals .. its yet another gear check. can't kill all 3 ubers in 30 mins => punished, go find another stack

have super 2mil ehp tank gear to solo ubers despite enrage, and taking 24hrs to kill => invalid playstyle.

The punishment that it takes you long to kill and many deaths is the punishment in itself, besides it's only an inconvenience to go find another blue when the nv gets low. If he wants to take 24 hours to kill it why not?

I just think that there should be a more efficient way to acquire the nv, without making it "easier". The challenge of killing the packs are still there, but there shouldn't be a challenge to finding them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]