Diablo® III

EF or Dagger for OH WW barb?

Which would be better? The EF gives more overall attack speed, but less crit. The dagger less dps on the weapon itself, a little less attack speed but alot more crit. And Im talking about if both weapons were comparable in price, and in my case, I mean 15mil or so. So given these values, better for EF or Dagger OH WW build?
Reply Quote
use d3rawr for the best answer. ef is useful because it add aps to the MH as well.
Reply Quote
Yeah but the dagger adds a ton of crit. I got d3rawr working. There isnt really much difference dps wise in the paper doll. I just dont know which one would be better than the other in real game play.
Reply Quote
then get EF with crit
Reply Quote
Some people prefer High DPS EF (Socket, Str, crit damage) on MH with low fear and high ias stat stick dagger for offhand.
Reply Quote
I changed from a dagger to an ef for my oh weapon and I'd have to say that the change was for the better. It's just weird that the ef actually makes my mh weapon hit a higher breakpoint which is useless for the ww build since the speed of nados are based on the oh weapon.

I also switched to ef oh weapon to experiment with hota.
Reply Quote
I changed from a dagger to an ef for my oh weapon and I'd have to say that the change was for the better. It's just weird that the ef actually makes my mh weapon hit a higher breakpoint which is useless for the ww build since the speed of nados are based on the oh weapon.

If you don't understand how the spec works, that's fine, just don't spread misinformation about it. The tick rate of your tornados depends on the last weapon swung, not just your offhand. The EF bonus applying to your MH as well (if you offhand it) is actually incredibly important.
Reply Quote

If you don't understand how the spec works, that's fine, just don't spread misinformation about it. The tick rate of your tornados depends on the last weapon swung, not just your offhand. The EF bonus applying to your MH as well (if you offhand it) is actually incredibly important.

Ohh yes. I do remember reading somewhere that it's based on the last weapon swung and not just exclusively on the oh speed. With that in mind, then I guess my point about the ef oh weapon bonus is also wrong. My bad. Don't burst a blood vessel now. :-)
Reply Quote
I recently went from EF in MH with high APS sword OH to OH EF with high ave dmg MH.

To be completely honest I enjoyed the high APS OH much better than the EF. Now with lower APS, I feel slightly sluggish and not as efficient as before.
Reply Quote
I recently went from EF in MH with high APS sword OH to OH EF with high ave dmg MH.

To be completely honest I enjoyed the high APS OH much better than the EF. Now with lower APS, I feel slightly sluggish and not as efficient as before.

Sorry you don't like the EF OH. It's a choice people have to make when you dont have billions to spend on weapons. If you want to MH an EF, you have to spend excessive gold to get similar tDPS vs a high damage mace MH and EF OH. The game play experience may not be what you want, but it is the best value.

Here is an example of how ridiculously overpriced EF MHs still dont outperform my recommended weapon combos for double the price.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810091824#7

Im guessing the EF in that thread for between 250-300m.
Reply Quote
@Pho

Maybe I was being too particular in my search of new weapons while looking at maces and axes but keeping the same criteria for the 2, it seemed like those big damage maces were 2-3X more expensive then their axe counterparts. I'm not talking the DPS number, I'm talking the damage number.

And even then, most of those big damage maces were EF's.

I guess I'm trying to say that you will still spend excessive gold by getting a mace in place of an axe. You possible got very luck with your MH purchase, and I'm sure it was a while ago as well?
Reply Quote
I was able to try my new build using EF as my OH weapon (cost was 150M) for my new ww/hota build. It was more fun for me since now I have the option to use hota for single targets which kills faster compared to frenzy/bash/cleave. I guess I have enough attack speed and crit chance that I don't lose fury when using hota.

I can't wait to try it on ubers at mp10. we had problems with sk and siege last night even with a decent cm wiz in our team. I was using Bash > Punish along with ww + rltw
Reply Quote
I guess I'm trying to say that you will still spend excessive gold by getting a mace in place of an axe. You possible got very luck with your MH purchase, and I'm sure it was a while ago as well?

Someone just posted in my thread (maybe?) they got a MH with just a shade less damage range for 16m on bid! I don't think my MH was mispriced that much since it was purchased with a bid. I have had it for a long time but I still see plenty of people posting in threads with similar weapons.

My experience has always been that axes are generally more expensive than maces. I'd gladly buy an axe with the same damage range, but due to the higher aps and big number dps, these are usually priced higher.

02/06/2013 06:40 PMPosted by MasterPUA
I was able to try my new build using EF as my OH weapon (cost was 150M)

OMG. 150m for a .22 aps EF with 788 top end damage? Call the police, there's been a mugging.

Also, if you needed to use autoattack on a single target as a double tornado barb, your set isnt constructed properly. You should be able to ww/sprint on a single target and still keep your wrath timer 100% reset.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/6/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Be a man and get a mighty!
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:15 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Be a man and get a mighty!

U and ur damn mighty
Reply Quote
Also, if you needed to use autoattack on a single target as a double tornado barb, your set isnt constructed properly. You should be able to ww/sprint on a single target and still keep your wrath timer 100% reset.

Could you tell me what you mean exactly by "use autoattack"? and what I need to change with my set to "construct it properly"?

I can pretty much hold my fury up ww'ing single targets aside from Kulle which drives me crazy so I thought I should try hota on kulle.

OMG. 150m for a .22 aps EF with 788 top end damage? Call the police, there's been a mugging.

Did I overpay for my EF? :-( I was looking for a strength EF with perfect LS and low chance to fear plus a socket and this was all I could find at the time I was browsing the AH that I could afford. Is it possible for a weapon to have lower dps but a higher damage range and are they better than a high dps lower damage range (not too low of course)?

Thanks man! Your insight is one of a few I follow along with Wayne and Uber.
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 2/6/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]