Diablo® III

Updating Blizzard Launcher.... never ends ?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.net folder.
3. Navigate to the Diablo III folder and delete the "Updates" folder

ahh found it, worked!
thanks.

ahh found it, looks like it worked...

It just doesn't make sense though that I have to make alterations even though I didn't do anything different...
Edited by Brodicus#1391 on 2/7/2013 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I tried deleting the stated files, on first launch I got the pop up that the agent was updating, this hung, I relaunched and it hung on updating launcher. Exited, relaunched and now hung at updating tools 0%. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Left it at "updating tools" overnight and it made it to 79% but has stalled there. Any suggestions? Continue to wait?
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Forseti

Security programs can sometimes cause this to happen. What security programs do you have installed?
none of this works, ive had a ticket open for more than 2 days on this issue and nothing has worked, ive updated all my drivers, ive disabled this and enabled that and nothing is working. can i have my money back?
Reply Quote
looking for a fix as well. I have tried deleting files, restarting, opening security, still launcher goes to 70% and stops. Been like this for 3 days.
Reply Quote
bump. same problem... cant find a "c:\ programdata" on xp...
Reply Quote
who can help me with this problem i doesnt have diablo 3 beta so i dont have the folder ProgramDate.... please help
Reply Quote
Bump. None of the blue posts in the thread solved my problem
Reply Quote
OK so i found something that helped me even get this damn game to start download and not be stuck on updating agent !@#$. what i did was:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/creating-a-new-administrator-account-pc

login to that new made admin profile.

then download the client: https://eu.battle.net/account/download/?show=d3

hopefully this works for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]